Hybrid View

Default CSA Dinner Question

We will be taking our first trip to CSA in April. What do girls and guys usually wear for dinner at night? I read the dress code but I just wanted to see what typical clothes people bring for dinner/entertainment. Also, we are there for 6 nights. What restaurants would you guys recommend? I would like to try all of them but just wanted to get experienced opinions.

Definitely try them all, especially Lemongrass, Patois and Feathers.

As for what girls and guys wear, you'll see those who are more dressed up than others. However, I always wear a sundress and my hubby always wears a "Hawaiian-type" silk shirt and either silk pants or shorts. He's tried cotton and linen, but said silk is much cooler. He buys them at Walmart and Kohls.

Here are a couple of pics of what we typically wear. (I'd be happy to share more if it would help - amy.welch@hotmail.com).

You will LOVE CSA!!! We are booked back at CTI this April, but have already booked a CTI/CSA split for 2011. Have a great trip!
    Last edited by Amy; March 1st, 2010 at 07:18 AM.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

Amy is right, you will see some more dressed up than others. Susie always wore some type of summer-time dress while I always wore dress pants and a buttoned down colored shirt. We figured we may as well dress up no matter what restaurant we went to. On New Years Eve we did see some who were less than dressed up for the occasion, but to each their own.

Pretty typical in the pictures. But I will note that I will wear nice shorts, not cut offs or jean shorts, with a polo type shirt to all restaurants except Feathers. As Feathers is the only one with a "formal" dress code I bring a pair of long pants and closed shoes specifically to wear there. Otherwise, good taste and consideration for the other guests and the vibe of the resort are acceptable. The dress code and suggestions on the web site explain it all pretty well.

Since this is your first time I strongly suggest you try all the restaurants at least once if time allows. If you like Tai food you must try Lemongrass. It is our favorite place to eat at CSA by far. I also recommend breakfast at Palms. Wonderful buffet of many, many different foods and beverages. Plus the view from the tables along the pool deck are spectacular in the morning. Seagrapes for lunch or snacks during the day is also terrific.

You will love CSA!

Oh, and the beach is great, I love the beach. Have I mentioned that lately?

thanks so much for the thoughts and for the pictures! I love your dress Amy! Where did u find it? My boyfriend was very concerned about bringing tons of dress clothes for dinner each night, so this will surely ease his mind. I on the other hand will love the chance to shop for summery dresses! I can't wait to experience what all of you guys rave about! Would you recommend the beach dinner one night??

Quote Originally Posted by kak2836 View Post
    thanks so much for the thoughts and for the pictures! I love your dress Amy! Where did u find it? My boyfriend was very concerned about bringing tons of dress clothes for dinner each night, so this will surely ease his mind. I on the other hand will love the chance to shop for summery dresses! I can't wait to experience what all of you guys rave about! Would you recommend the beach dinner one night??
    Thanks! I've had it for so many years, but I'm pretty sure I bought it at WetSeal. I'm notorious for clearance shopping so it's hard to tell when and where I found it! I love shopping for summer dresses too, especially for Jamaica. I rarely where dresses like that at home, so I use Jamaica as my chance to dress up. You will really only need one outfit for dinner each night and that's about it. You are literally in your bathing suit from breakfast until dinner. I didn't realize that on my first trip and I WAY overpacked.

I actually surprised my hubby one year with the private beach dinner, so for us, it was worth it and we recommend it. Others on here will tell you not to spend the money, but it's a personal preference thing. The dinner is $150 ($170 if you add a bottle of Couples private label wine). You have your own server, personalized menu and a great meal. It's very romantic. I'd be happy to share our pics if you're interested (amy.welch@hotmail.com). Have a great trip! We were just at CSA in April 2009 - you'll love it!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

CB - 2015

I would also recommend a wrap/shawl or light sweater for the air conditioned restaurants. I always seem to get cold, especially when I've been in the sun all day.
    Have a great trip! You'll love CSA!

thanks for the sweater tidbit! I always get cold too. Amy, I would love to see the pictures. You can email me at this sn at aol.com thanks so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by kak2836 View Post
    thanks for the sweater tidbit! I always get cold too. Amy, I would love to see the pictures. You can email me at this sn at aol.com thanks so much!!
    Feel free to send me an email at amy.welch@hotmail.com and I'll send you our pics!

I couldn't get your email - is it sn@aol.com?
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

CB - 2015

Thank you for the questions as they also helped me out! We are going to Swept Away on April 4th for a week too. I would love to see your pictures too! And I agree, love that dress and have never heard of WetSeal. Going to check that out.