Thread: CN vs CTI?

Default CN vs CTI?

My husband & I are trying to decide on where to celebrate our 25 wedding anniversary next year. We think we have it narrowed down to CN and CTI. We have never been to Jamaica before. I would like to hear from anyone that has been to both places. We have never done the AN thing before. What are the differences in the beach areas? Is there a AN beach at CTI or is it only on the island at the pool? Which beach (textile or AN) is larger, CN or CTI?
    Any input we can get would be great!
    Thanks!

We have been to them both and while they are both great, they are different.

Here are some quick differences:

CTI - Completely private beach, yet small; separate island for nude sunbathing, 5 restaurants including Bayside that sits on the water; the most inclusions (Dunn's River, catamaran cruise, horseback riding in addition to the others). Only 5 buildings with rooms so the resort is very compact and intimate (though since 3 of the buildings are connected, it only feels like there are 3). Everything revolves around a central location. Just underwent a $30 million renovation - new rooms, new decor, new pools, etc. Fantastic food.

CN - Sits in Bloody Bay which it shares with 3 other resorts and public beach access. Separate section of main beach used for nude sunbathing. Individual buildings throughout the resort for the rooms. All on beach level. Somewhat spread out. Huge main pool with swim-up bar. Rooms decorated in bright colors. 24 hour room service only in select room categories and it must be ordered a day in advance. All rooms have mini bars.

For the AN option, CN has a separate section on the main beach, while CTI has a completely private island. However, the Island does not have much of a beach, only a tiny section where you could walk down into the water. The CN main beach is larger than CTI. However, CTI has a private beach, while the CN beach is on Bloody Bay which it shares with other resorts and public beach access.

Good luck on your decision! They are both great!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Hi
    We have never been to CTI but we spent our 25th Anniversary at CN and it was awesome! I think you would find it has everything you want and need. We just reconnected with each other and have been back a few years since then. The AN beach area is right there close by and you can enjoy the beautiful calm waters of the bay. I say go to CN, you will love it.
    Jim and Mariann

To add to Amy's post for the AN portion, CN's AN section does not have a pool and the public walk way goes between the AN beach and the water. Building 9 overlooks the beach. Jim has some photos posted on the Au Naturel Thread that shows the layout. CTI's private Island has a small pool with swim up bar. The pool area is more social while if you go the right of the island as you get off the boat, it is more private.
    Vicky

We have been to both, and they are wonderful. You will not be disappointed, no matter which you choose. CN does have a much longer beach, if that is important to you, but CTI has a romantic charm that you will not find anywhere else. In fact, we eloped there 3 years ago (both in our 40's). we have been to 3 of the 4 properties, and the service and ambience are terrific. Enjoy!

We've been to both resorts. We prefer CN over CTI as CTI had more of a hotel feel to us and not a resort. The beach at CTI may

be private, but it is very small. The beach at CN is very deep with soft silky sand and is 2 miles in length. Plenty of space to go for a stroll along the water's edge.

We also preferred the layout of CN as there were winding trails through the property to stroll hand-in-hand with my hubby. CTI didn't have any trails and it just didn't feel as romantic to us as CN does. There are 4 restaurants at CN and only one of them require reservations, unlike CTI where there are only two restaurants that don't require reservations.

The island at CTI is very nice since it has the pool to cool off in, but we missed the beach at CN and floating in the ocean. MBers will say that CTI is more social, but I think it really depends on what you make it. Every time we have been to CN's AN beach we have made friends and had a wonderful time. The beach lends itself to allowing you to be social or not.

As you can tell, we really prefer CTI over CN, but you should go to the resort that tugs on your heart. I know lots of people love CTI and the old hotel style resort, it tugs at their heart. I know they prefer the private beach as opposed to the public beach of CN.

Whichever resort you choose, you can't go wrong. As long as you go with your heart, you won't go wrong.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We absolutely love both, but for different reasons. You can't really compare the two - it's like apples and oranges. For us, CTI gets the nod for the renovations, staff, and AN. CN gets the nod for layout, food, and beach.

Do we have a preference? CTI for right now. We like the privacy of the island - CN's AN area is visible from the public beach. And the staff - WOW!

Either way, you won't go wrong!

We have been to CN several times, CSS, and in 28 days CTI.
    We spent our 25th at CN in 2007, and it was fabulous. Highly recommend it.
    If you want to see our celebration/vow renewal, which i would also recommend doing, here is a link.
    Kind of a lot of pics, but just cant capture the wonder of the place and the special times.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/barbprue...eat=directlink

Cant go wrong with either.
    One Love,
    Barb