Default CSA Fans- Talk me into it.

Hello CSA fans- We have been to CN five times and I really want to go to CSA but I am scared to try something new. We love the beach at CN and I know I would love CSA beach too but what would make me want to change resorts? My husband says we are use to one place and we may not like this place. Help!

Did you do the trading places thing last year? That helped us decide......the beach is beautiful there, though.......

This is like the little boy who would only eat vanilla ice cream. He saw the chocolate, but his appetite would only allow for one dessert. One day, he gave in to the curiosity and tasted the chocolate, kicking himself because it was so much better and he could have been eating it all along.

Now, I'm not saying that CN is vanilla and CSA is chocolate; one might be rum raisin and the other strawberry twirl, but they are both wonderful delights and you should not deprive yourself of the experience.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

You won't know until you try it! That's the only way to know for sure if you're missing something or not at CSA. One piece of advice - if you do try out CSA, don't expect CN. They are both awesome, but each is unique.

If you're still hesitant, book a split stay, with CN being the last half. Or take part in Trading Places and check out CSA for the day. No worries, though. We love CSA!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

If you trip and fall into Paradise why go somewhere else. My Wife and I have been to CSA 4 times and would not consider going anywhere else. So, most likely your Husband is right on this one.

Unless there is something you must have that CN has that is not available at CSA, such as an AN beach, then by all means try CSA. While not the same, it will still be a terrific experience. Little bit different vibe and atmosphere. The opportunity to walk the beach towards Negril is great, experience the culture first hand. More space on the grounds as well as the beach. Same great Couples service and wonderful staff, but a different part of paradise.

Go for it!

Oh, and I do love the beach. Did I mention that?

Your hubby is right... he knows human nature. If you DO choose to give SweptAway a try, wipe the old hard drive clean in your brain and prepare yourself for a completely different experience devoid of all those pesky comparisons with your previous ones.

The four Couples properties are as different from each other as they are from other resort brands. There is little commonality between them, with the exception of the dedication of their staffs to customer satisfaction. Anyone who has been to more than one Couples resort knows this. Keep this in mind as the two of you continue with your deliberations.

Good luck!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Check out the "CN versus CSA" thread a few posts down. Hopefully some of the answers you are looking for are in there.

Go read my review - we just returned from CSA and were big fans of CN before that! We love them both!
    Melea & Joseph
    CN - '06, '07, '08
    CSS and CSA - '09
    CSA - '10

Split your trip and enjoy both.
    Lew

Default Split your stay

Hi Lew-

We've split our 2-week stays between CN and CSA twice, and I agree with the posters who advise you to split, but only depending how long you can be gone. I wouldn't split a 7-night stay for a few reasons:

One - Passsionate Love Romance rewards $100 credit only applies if you stay 7 days at one resort. It would be a shame to lose that.

Two - It takes a couple of days to acclimate yourself to CSA's spread out area.

Three - just 3 or 4 days at either resort won't allow you to really relax into the ambiance.

Four - you may miss your favorite night at CN (lobster, repeaters dinner, etc).

But, if you can possibly swing a longer trip, try CSA. Hubbie and I are divided between which resort we like best, but only by a hair either way.

Beergirl

I liked the feel of CSA more and the overall size of the beach. The rooms are different but we liked them better still. The food was similar but liked the pool and bar better at CSA in the new section.

Lew's got a great idea - split the trip. Then you'll know. We've had the pleasure of staying @ all 4 and loved them all, each for their own uniqueness. That being said, CSA is the one for us and continues tugging on our heartstrings. We return to CSA for our 6th stay April 1st... (86 days but who'd counting?) Good luck w/your decision! Razzl

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    If you trip and fall into Paradise why go somewhere else. My Wife and I have been to CSA 4 times and would not consider going anywhere else. So, most likely your Husband is right on this one.
    I said that after the first two trips to CSA, now after the 3rd, I am looking for a new place to go. CSA is slipping.

That sounds like us. We have been to CSA four times and decided to try CN. My husband was dead set against it. He loves CSA. Much to our surprise we loved CN. There are some differences. but basically you are on a gorgeous beach, have great food and drinks, and are treated like kings and queens by the wonderful staff. Sometimes I wonder how they continually do it. Some guests think they are better than others and show it to the staff unfortunately. I am really glad we tried CN. Now CSA still edges out as our favorite, but we are thinking of doing a split between the two next time.

What fawnridge said! Perfectly put.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    Unless there is something you must have that CN has that is not available at CSA, such as an AN beach, then by all means try CSA. While not the same, it will still be a terrific experience. Little bit different vibe and atmosphere. The opportunity to walk the beach towards Negril is great, experience the culture first hand. More space on the grounds as well as the beach. Same great Couples service and wonderful staff, but a different part of paradise.

Go for it!

Oh, and I do love the beach. Did I mention that?
    Can you elaborate on what you mean by different vibe? Which of the two would you consider to be more social?
    Kris

CSA is more laid back feel but you can stil lhave fun and do lively things it's just more of a island/carribean feel.

Thank you all for the posts. It has really got me thinking now.
    Redsoxnation- I was glad to hear of your experience. I think we would have the same outcome as you- only switch the resorts.

Jimnmariann-I can't wait to hear what you think about CSA. When are you going? Enjoy!!

We just got back from CSA a few weeks ago. Since we were repeaters we decided to go to CN for a day. We loved it! Most of the time was spent at the swim-up bar doing Bob Marley shots but it was a great day and we spoke of how we could see ourselves coming back to CN next year....UNTIL we got back to CSA! We both instantly fell back in love and realized why we come back...The grounds are amazing. Yes it is sprawled out but that gives you so much more to explore. We loved getting lost in the middle of the property. It is just so beautiful! The beach is never crowded since it is so long. The rooms feel more like a bungalow and are spread throughout the property...although I cannot really comment on the inside of CN's rooms but they seemed like they were laid out like a hotel. You have many more lunch options at CSA as well. I say take a leap of faith and try it!