Default is it expensive?

Is it expensive for me to buy a hat in jamaica itself or do you suggest i take it from home?

Like a ballcap? My husband got one and I know the price was reasonable.

All depends on what kind of hat(generic or logo). If you are looking for something with Red Stripe on it you will pay more due to marketing and copywrite.

You should bring one from home, for sure, unless you want a nice new Couples hat! Expensive but worth it.
    I bought myself a new visor and love it!
    Have a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by nynj076 View Post
    Is it expensive for me to buy a hat in Jamaica itself or do you suggest i take it from home?
    ....Linda wanted something FROM Jamaica, so bought it there. She got a nice straw hat on the beach at CN for $15. Baseball type hats can be had in the store for $10-$15 that says "Couples" or "Jamaica". I'd go that way.

Quote Originally Posted by nynj076 View Post
    Is it expensive for me to buy a hat in Jamaica itself or do you suggest i take it from home?
    ....On a related note; T-Shirts were surprisingly inexpensive at the gift shop as well. Again, in the $10-$15 range.

Or you can make one

Be careful making or buying straw hats outside of the states and bringing them back. I have seen a few times coming back from Jamaica where people had their hats taken because technically the straw is/was plant life, which you are not supposed to bring back. It may depend on the airport or the TSA agent you get, but just an FYI.

BTW - I have a Couples baseball cap that I bought last year and wear it all the time, very comfy.

Quote Originally Posted by acranger View Post
    ....Linda wanted something FROM Jamaica, so bought it there. She got a nice straw hat on the beach at CN for $15..
    Just a note on that straw hat… not from personal experience but I have heard several people complain that the “straw hat” was taken from them on their return flight as it violates the whole “Plant rule thing”… Personally I think it would be just bad luck and getting the wrong person with an attitude MOST of the time you should be fine, but thought I would pass on what I had read before…. Don’t be too upset if you buy one to take home only to have it taken from you….

At CN, they have hat making classes out by the pool...it was super fun and the hats are great!! They are only $12.00 US.