Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Will April 17th ever get here?

102 days until we leave for CSA. 1st timers and counting the days! I would like for advice on attire. I have been told that at least one of the restaurants requires men to wear closed toe shoes? What about women? Please advise... I'm about to get started shopping for our trip. Oh and also any advice on what we may need to pack other than clothes.

From the FAQs:

What is the dress code?

During the day normal summer and swimwear attire is appropriate.

Beach Grill:
    Swimwear is permitted.

Breakfast and Lunch:
    Swimwear must be dry and covered. No bare feet. Shorts / t-shirts / flip-flops are most common.

Evening:
    Gourmet restaurants and repeat guest dinners: Semi-Formal – summer or cocktail dress and sandals, or skirt and nice top for women. Dress pants, khakis, shirts with sleeves and collar and dress shoes for men. Jacket not required. (Elegant dress sandals are allowed). Jeans, shorts, sneakers, flip flops are not permitted.

Other restaurants:
    Resort Casual - shorts with a nice shirt/blouse and sandals are allowed.

From the Couples' brochure:

"Be sure to pack lots of light and comfortable clothing—and remember to include a few nice items to wear at night! We like to think we’re pretty casual, but there are a few minor dress requirements. When dining in any of our restaurants—besides the laid-back Beach Grill—during the evening hours, we request that you keep your sneakers, shorts, t-shirts, and tank tops in your room. And while casual elegance is the preferred style at most of our restaurants, we request a slightly more upscale look at [the gourmet restaurant]. Men are asked to wear slacks, collared shirts, and closed shoes, while dresses, skirts, or dress pants are requested for ladies."
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

It will come...we started our count down in hte 400's!!
    Kristen

I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. I took one of the pictures from another thread and made it my screen saver so I just look and dream! This will be the fist trip I have taken in 14 yrs. without my son and with a teenager in the house I need this really bad!
    101 Days!

Quote Originally Posted by Bkhiattky View Post
    It will come...we started our count down in hte 400's!!
    It was about 10 months from the due date when we formally booked our trip, but it was more than a year and a half from the time we decided to celebrate our 25th anniversary with a trip to a Jamaican AI, and at least a year from when we honed in on CTI & CN as our destinations of choice. The nice thing about celebrating this particular new year's day was the joy of performing the ceremonial double digit dance.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ljackson View Post
    102 days until we leave for CSA. 1st timers and counting the days! I would like for advice on attire. I have been told that at least one of the restaurants requires men to wear closed toe shoes? What about women? Please advise... I'm about to get started shopping for our trip. Oh and also any advice on what we may need to pack other than clothes.
    Yes !! as usual Pam is spot on ty
    Dress to impress my friend. Feel fre to take pic of what you are tryign to decide to wear and we will do our best to offer expert advise. always remember it is not the person that makes the clothes but the clothes that make the person
    you will love CSA

We too are counting down the days...CSA on April 7th...YAHHHOOOO!

just glad I only have to wait until feb 6th.

ljackson,
    Our countdown clock is the same, wheels up from BWI on Air Jamaica April 17th.
    Attire male,
    Not sure what part of the world you live in but, if in USA and you have a Kohl's nearby, they sell very light weight linen pants, they have 3 colors, black, tan and white, get one of each, they are a bugger to iron but are very nice for the night activities. As far a shoes go, get yourself a pair of Sperry Docksiders. They may seem a little pricey, but they last forever, go with everything and are also slip resistant for when you take off on the Catamaran. In my opinion one of the best purchases made for my getaway kit.
    Be sure to hit the Meet Up board and look for Team CSA April, plenty of folks communicating about the dream trip coming up

Tom aka Blueseagolf

Default Awesome!

Its the first time for my wife and I as well. Were going in April also. Have a good time

Looking at other post it looks like we are supposed to do a double digit dance tomorrow!! We so can't wait.

blueseagolf, thanks for the tips and we live in Huntsville AL so of coarse we have a Kohl's so I will make sure I check that out for my hubby.I checked out the Team CSA April board and left a comment on there also. See ya in APRIL!!

DOIN THE DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE

Looking at other post it looks like we are supposed to do a double digit dance tomorrow!! We so can't wait.

blueseagolf, thanks for the tips and we live in Huntsville AL so of coarse we have a Kohl's so I will make sure I check that out for my hubby.I checked out the Team CSA April board and left a comment on there also. See ya in APRIL!!
    ljackson,
    Looks like you are really finding what you need on the boards, they are a great resource. I have worked in both Huntsville and a little town called Bessemer in Alabama, ran into very nice people in both towns. Congrats on the big win last night, assuming you are a Tide fan. I believe it is a law isn't it, you live in Bama you cheer for Bama. Check out the other thread for Carry-on tips, another member provided a link to a full packing list, awesome, see you in 98 days 16 hrs 12 min 14 sec

Oh definitely BAMA fan and if it's not the law it should be... LOL
    I have found lots of good information for our first time trip to Jamaica. I was telling my husband last night from reading the information others have provided I have a feeling this won't be our last trip here!

Quote Originally Posted by blueseagolf View Post
    ljackson,
    Our countdown clock is the same, wheels up from BWI on Air Jamaica April 17th.
    Attire male,
    Not sure what part of the world you live in but, if in USA and you have a Kohl's nearby, they sell very light weight linen pants, they have 3 colors, black, tan and white, get one of each, they are a bugger to iron but are very nice for the night activities. As far a shoes go, get yourself a pair of Sperry Docksiders. They may seem a little pricey, but they last forever, go with everything and are also slip resistant for when you take off on the Catamaran. In my opinion one of the best purchases made for my getaway kit.
    Be sure to hit the Meet Up board and look for Team CSA April, plenty of folks communicating about the dream trip coming up

Tom aka Blueseagolf
    I found a pair of the Sperry Topsiders for my fiance at Marshalls for $29.99, not sure if those are the same as Docksiders. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

95 days!!
    Thanks to all that have provided wonderful information. I just saw on another post that shampoo, hair dryers and beach towels are provided...my bag just got a little lighter . And by the way that's great news since I saw on Delta's website yesterday it will cost us about 110.00 just to get our luggage there and back . I'm sure it is well worth it!
    I believe I will start my vacation shopping real soon but, that could be a challange since it has been in the single digits here the last few days.

We booked last night for April 14 - April 22, 8 nights.
    Been to CN and CTI. First to CSS.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy&John View Post
    I found a pair of the Sperry Topsiders for my fiance at Marshalls for $29.99, not sure if those are the same as Docksiders. I thought it was a pretty good deal.
    OK Stacy, now I am ticked LOL, the name from Sperry, Docksiders or Topsiders is inter-changeable. You got yours for $40.00 less than mine. Your future hubby will like them, I even where on Friday casual days to work they are so comfortable.

Good Luck for your future marriage, my better half and I will celebrate 30 years in Nov '10.

93 days and my packing list is almost complete! I have't been this excited since I found out I was pregnant... Now after 14 yrs. I am excited to be taking a vacation without kids!

79 days!! It's rainy and cold here in Alabama so all I can do is dream about the weather in Jamaica.....
    Oh yeah question are there computers avail.in lounges or rooms?

I hope the 17th never gets here. We will be in CSS April 12-19, so I figure that on the 17th our trip will be almost over, so I hope time stands still around the 15th.

79 days!! It's rainy and cold here in Alabama so all I can do is dream about the weather in Jamaica.....
    Oh yeah question are there computers avail.in lounges or rooms?
    It is my understanding that they do have computer access in a lounge although I will not be using it, my lap top and all my cares will be left behind in Pennsylvania

78 days 16 hours 34 min 48 sec

Tom

Thanks Tom... I will be trying to leave all my worries here also but, I will have to talk to my son somehow. Verizon charges 1.99 a minute to talk Internationally so there won't be many calls made but, we can text for .50 going and .05 coming. As mush as I am looking foward to this I know I will miss him!

I arrive at CSA on April 17th as well......seems so far away!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tharris View Post
    I arrive at CSA on April 17th as well......seems so far away!!!
    I feel ya. On the one hand, when we first booked our trip, it was more than 10 MONTHS away. Now we're just 10 WEEKS away, which is soooooooo much shorter......that is until someone else chimes in that they're only 10 DAYS away.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast