Default First Timer Tips?

Hi, my DH and I will be visiting CSS for the first time and would like to try out the AN beach. As first timers to anything AN do you have any tips? We are both in our 40's with less than perfect bods but after reading this message board, I think that this shouldn't hold us back.

I'm pretty sure I will be able to lounge comfortably after the initial "shock & shyness" but I'm really doubting my ability to walk around and have anyone see the saggy butt. LOL

Is it permissible to throw on a cover-up (see-through, lacy thing) in order to go to the bar or will I have to send him?

Thanks

Caracol,

Charmo is correct.
    Go, relax, be happy, don't worry about a thing. My wife (42) and I (45) went ofr the first time last summer. WHAT A PHENOMENAL EXPERIENCE!!!!! It was our third time to CTI, but first time out to the island. Our only regret is that we did not go out the first two trips. Trust me when I tell you that youwill fit in perfectly and that you have nothing to worry about. Remember, we are our own worst critics. I am willing to bet that everyone you meet on the island will think you are lovely, charming, and beautiful. We met so many new people there and had such a great time. The best thing is that most of us have kept up with each other through the year via email, facebook, phone, etc. Also, about 6-8 of the couples that were there together have all decided to go back at the same time this year. I have sais before and still contend that people you meet on the island are people that you will be friends with from that point forward. There truly are only WONDERFUL PEOPLE that you meet on the island.

Peace, Love, and Respect

Billy

Caracol ~ Randymon recently stated that AN rules would be enforced and this would mean that you need to either send your husband to get drinks or you will need to go nude over to the bar. It really isn't that bad or weird to walk around nude when everyone else is. And I promise that no one is judging you. Go and enjoy. It is a fabulous place for AN.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Thanks everyone for the reassurance, I am looking forward to the experience and hope that I can become comfortable quickly.

Other than jump right into it, what other etiquette is required? I know the basics from this board: keep eye contact, no PDAs, don't pee in the pool :-),what other advice can you offer for a newbie?

Adding on to your 3 rules… rule 4 - Don’t drink the pool water… Some don’t follow rule 3

And I would add… if you take any pictures make 100% certain that anyone in the picture is consenting to being in the picture….

LOL, I promise to obey # 4! No worries on #5, I don't want any pictures of me circulating either....

Oh, another question, if I decide to get in the pool, should hubby join me (or visa versa) or is it acceptable for him to stay by himself on the beach/bar? I've seen threads about how you are really not welcome if you are not a couple. How far does that extend?

Caracol:
    After a few minutes at SSB all your worries will be gone. We had the same concerns last August, first time to experience AN. But we love it. Never went to the regular beach.
    You're going to enjoy the experience.
    By the way, we are booked from March 14 - 23 2010. I read that you are arriving to CSS same day.
    See you there

Default First Timer Tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Caracol View Post
    Other than jump right into it, what other etiquette is required? I know the basics from this board: keep eye contact, no PDAs, don't pee in the pool :-),what other advice can you offer for a newbie?
    If you sit anywhere, bring something to sit on like a hand towel so your bare bottom is covered between you and the seat. (Unless you're on a pool swim up stool) It's proper etiquette & hygiene. Some people don't and thats just wrong.

We had our first AN experience at CTI in November 09... it was great! No worries! My girl sent me to the bar for drinks, she only came to the pool/bar once and that was after going there for two days and the night before we were chatting with people we met on the island, after dinner, and they convinced her to come hang out with them. We did and it was fun, but really, we enjoyed the peacefulness of the island with just the water splashing on the rocks and a nice book to read.

We had another couple take a couples pictures of us/for us... made sure nobody else was in the pics.

Other rules.. hmm.. no funny business is allowed. I'm sure I snuck a kiss here or there though.

Not a rule, but probably a good guideline to follow, don't bring your girlfriend and your wife to the same resort.

Bacan: I'm sure we'll meet up at SSB, can hardly wait for March

John: good to know, never thought about it but you are right, there is a certain ick factor

Barren: LOL

The wife & I went to CSS/SSB last July and had many separate conversations with different folks as well as conversations as a couple. No jealousy involved. We relaxed and let the good times flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Barren View Post
    Not a rule, but probably a good guideline to follow, don't bring your girlfriend and your wife to the same resort.
    ...or your boyfriend and your husband...

Quote Originally Posted by Bilkat View Post
    The wife & I went to CSS/SSB last July and had many separate conversations with different folks as well as conversations as a couple. No jealousy involved. We relaxed and let the good times flow.
    Bilkat, not sure if you were replying to me or just adding reassurance, We are not the jealous type at all, we've never been in a situation to be jealous I guess. I tend to get flirty when drinking but no more than that.

I was asking more along the lines if he wants to go swimming or sit at the bar without me, will that be seen as odd, several posts state that single men are not welcome.

...at the same time.

But seriously, don't get too stressed out about proper etiquette. Besides the nudity rule and obvious common sense things like gawking and picture-taking, there really isn't much to worry about. Everyone is pretty easy-going, so just be yourself and go with the flow. After a little while, you will feel the vibe and be totally comfortable and have a great time.

Caracol, to answer your question, Single men are typically not allowed to come over from the mainland by themselves, but once you are on the island, hubby and you do not need to be at each other's side the whole time.

Thanks Dave, we won't be on the island however - we're going to CSS.