Default Do you get really annoyed?

Are you like us, and get really annoyed when people say 'Oh, you're not going there again', and 'why not try somewhere else', or 'there's loads of other places to visit'. My family are the worst!!!

I know there are other places, it's a big wide world, but Couples suits us. We like what it offers, we are comfortable there, we understand where those that post on the MB are coming from. With our busy lifestyle at the moment the ambiance, and relaxed style of Couples is what we need.

I have tried to explain why we love it but the truth is of course 'once you go, you know'. I'm not sure I want to persuade the doubters to try Couples lol.

Phew! That's my little vent for today.

How do you all deal with it?

Our circle of friends has given up on us. When they ask what our vacation plans are, we just shrug and say we're going back to Negril. They just chuckle and ask... "SweptAway again?". I'm just surprised that none of them has tried Couples yet, except for one couple down the street, who've been to CN.

One of the neighbors has threatened to organize a group trip to join us one year, just to see if its as good as we crack it up to be.
    ;-)
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I agree, can't wait to go back!!! nothing compares to Couples!

we're lucky enough to vacation at least twice each year, so we also go to other places. that seems to keep the comments at bay.

Just say to them......"jealous?".....and change the subject. They don't get it and won't unless they go themselves.

We get it all the time. People just don't understand why we would want to return to the same destination and the same resort over and over. I just tell them..once you go, you know! My son and his fiance have been looking into a destination wedding and were determined to pick another country so we could visit somewhere other than Jamaica. They have done alot of searching and when we were all together they announced that they don't think they can find anywhere that is as inviting as Jamaica...so now they are trying to decide on a resort. Unfortunately it can't be Couples as there will be children at the wedding. We are open to suggestions. We are thinking we might venture to Ocho Rios as we have always gone to CSA so haven't ventured to that side of the island yet. I am hoping we can find a resort that everyone is happy with! The bonus...we get two trips to Jamaica in 2010 as we had already booked a trip to CSA in February before they decided Jamaica would be the destination for the wedding!

I've had that happen to me..been accused of a lack of wanderlust. I would cite all of the reasons we keep going back, and it's more than just the resort even. Jamaica is just an easy island to get to and you don't have to spend a whole day + some at either end of your trip in transit (at least for those of us near a hub airport in the states).

My husband finally gave me ammo that made my friend who would razz me concede defeat. Ultimately, if we want to go to a Caribbean island to lay on the beach, why not just go to someplace we know and love and already know will give us a great vacation. If we want to explore and soak up culture, or drop thousands more on a vacation than normal, we'll finally get our butts to Europe. But if we just want to lay on the beach, why NOT go back to a place we know and love? I finally got an "eh...good point." when I offered that one up.

We quash that sort of talk by taking "real" vacations in between our trips to Couples. In truth, we consider are twice yearly trips to Couples to be "vacations" while everything else is "travel."

The difference, you ask?

Well, the only camera we take to Couples is an underwater camera for the snorkeling expeditions. On all our other trips we take two digital cameras, lots of cash, and all sorts of clothes. To Couples, less than $100 and one carry-on a piece with just bathing suits, t-shirts, shorts, and sneakers. When we travel, we get to see museums, gardens, castles, and all the points of interest in a multitude of guidebooks. When we go to Couples, we see the beach, the restaurants, the beach, the room, the beach, and the water; none of which is in a guidebook.

And the biggest difference? We come home from travel exhausted and thinking about our next trip to Couples, the only vacation where we can truly relax.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Quote Originally Posted by faraway View Post
    Are you like us, and get really annoyed when people say 'Oh, you're not going there again', and 'why not try somewhere else', or 'there's loads of other places to visit'. My family are the worst!!!

I know there are other places, it's a big wide world, but Couples suits us. We like what it offers, we are comfortable there, we understand where those that post on the MB are coming from. With our busy lifestyle at the moment the ambiance, and relaxed style of Couples is what we need.

I have tried to explain why we love it but the truth is of course 'once you go, you know'. I'm not sure I want to persuade the doubters to try Couples lol.

Phew! That's my little vent for today.

How do you all deal with it?
    to minimize the problem simply do not share any vacation information with said family and presto no more annoying comments. chances are the same people say the same thing every year so why bother to keep them informed if you can predict an undesireable result life is simple we make it complex enjoy

What I find really interesting is that alot of the people who say to us "you should try some place different" either don't leave home at all or they drive an hour to the beach every summer and stay in the same condo or at the very least in the same vicinity. They can name every ice cream flavor at the local stand, but we should try some place different?????

We have gone to different places and we always compare them to CN, why mess with perfection.

We get it from my parents every trip. The funny thing is they go to the same hotel in Sanibel Island FL every spring for a week, but somehow that's completely different than us repeating!! LOL

We take two vacations a year to balance it out - Jamaica to sit on the beach and read, and a "see the world" vacation to be tourists and explore.

Just tell them "You don't go, so you don't know"
    Kristen