Thread: CN for our 25th

Default CN for our 25th

Can't wait to experience Jamaica for the first time the end of February to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Since this is my husband's first vacation in five years (no joke), I want it to be perfect for him. We splurged on the beachfront suite, but have a silly question. Do they serve Anheuser Busch products? What can I say, we are from St. Louis! Also, since he is so sweet the bugs love him--can I pack aerosol bug spray in our luggage or is lotion better? Thanks for you help...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradandme View Post
    Can't wait to experience Jamaica for the first time the end of February to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Since this is my husband's first vacation in five years (no joke), I want it to be perfect for him. We splurged on the beachfront suite, but have a silly question. Do they serve Anheuser Busch products? What can I say, we are from St. Louis! Also, since he is so sweet the bugs love him--can I pack aerosol bug spray in our luggage or is lotion better? Thanks for you help...
    ....Seems to me they had Bud Lite. But go with the Red Stripe. This is an amazing beer in that there is no after taste. Personally, I stayed with the mixed drinks as much as possible. As for bugs; Sand Fleas are vicious. Look for a GOOD repellent with lots of DEET. I get nervous with aerosol anything on an airplane. That's just me. I've had tooth paste explode!! From reading other posts, Vitamin B-1 taken for a few weeks prior does wonders too. Worth a try.

You could't have picked a better place to celebrate your 25th Anniversary. We were at CN for our 25th too and renewed our vows in the beautiful garden area near the massage huts. We went with 3 other couples which made it even more special. Then if that wasn't special enough, 2 couples (and friends to this day) we met on the shuttle to CN from Mobay joined the ceremony. The party we had that night was better than our wedding reception. I set this up before going to suprise my wife and it tuned out to be one of the best memories we will ever have. The staff at Couples made it very special. Congrats on 25 years together!! We're on 31 years now and, thanks to Couples helping us fall in love again each year, we'll stay together. You may want to consider it yourself, the memory will last forever.
    Last edited by rjammin; February 3rd, 2010 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradandme View Post
    1) it wont be perfect ( nothing is ever perfect) but i would set my sights on excellent and manage your expectations accordingly

2) miller lite, caribe, guiness and red stripe are normally offered. there is a quicky mart across the street that sells AB products i think they may carry 40's of bud so your hubby can sit on bloody bay sipping a cold 40 stylin and profylin
    3) enjoy cn

Bradandme

As to the bug spray or lotion question go with the lotion. Skin So Soft works well and I don't think you'll find many bugs out in February. Just be aware that at night the sand fleas become active on the beach.

As to the Busch products you won't find a very wide selection possibly just light beers.

Enjoy your 25th and I'm sure you will be making the 26th, 27th, 28th and so on at Couples Jamaica.

We renewed our wedding vows last April. That was our 25 anniversary. We had the ceremony on the beach. It was fantastic! You will love the suite, make sure you take advantage of the free dinner served in your suite...we had it served on the balcony...very romantic......Last April was our first time to Jamaica, first time to Couples Negril....we will be coming back every year....we are already scheduled for the next two years......there is something special about that place!

Might as well dub this the 25th anniversary thread. We're celebrating likewise this April and we too are booked at CN, altho we're also staying at CTI as well.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

We both love Anheuser-Busch products too but found that we love Red Stripe better. Believe me, you won't miss it.

No AB products that we can remember. The Red Stripe Light is comparable to Bud Light.
    As for bug stuff, they sell wipes that travel VERY well. They have individually wrapped packs or packs of 15 or so. Make sure you get the DEET kind, and any brand will do. It's all the same stuff.
    Have a great trip, CN is fantastic.

Happy anniversary
    Markis

Keep in mind that AB products available for purchase locally... MAY be brewed locally...meaning the label may be more familiar than the taste

Thank you to everyone for all the info (and sharing your great photos)! We have booked our vow renewal and the countdown has begun. As I look out the window to grey, foggy skies and the remnants of last week's snow---I can't wait! Red Stripes here we come...