Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

the central focal point of CSA is the AMAZING beach! Who wants to swim in a pool when the ocean is right there? CSA has a great swim up bar and grill. CSA is more

Thanks....I've got my Visa all warmed up today. Just playing the "flight" game. Saw a great deal on West Jet last night but needed to ask Couples a few questions before booking and unfortunately they were closed for the day. Checked the site this morning and my West Jet deal has vanished...ugh! Will keep checking and hopefully will find another deal...we're flexible with travel dates so that helps!
    Kris

When my husband and I made our decision between the two (CN vs CSA) - We immediately went for CSA. The beach and the fitness facility sold us right away. We are newbies and will be heading down there in 38 days - not that I am counting!!!!

CN has the central pool which is very social. CSA has a very social swim up bar and two beach bars so you can choose a different level of social interaction each day depending on your mood. The swim up bar if you want to drink a lot and be with a lively crowd, a beach bar if you want to have a drink and chat with people, or a lounger on the beach if you want to just be with your sweetie and have the drinks brought to you.

One thing that bugged us on our day at CN was the minute a few raindrops fell, the staff picked up the flags and you could not get served on the beach. It was a very small and quickly passing rain, but they closed shop instantly. That did not happen at CSA. It felt like at CN they were more concerned with the rules then with giving good service. Also, if you do get an afternoon shower at CSA you can pull up a stool at one of the beach bars and be dry under the palapa. It was nice not to have to dash back to our room.

Pam and Juli, thanks for responding. I had no idea about that, so suffice to say this is quite interesting, and I will definitely be contacting the Romance Rewards folks (perhaps Seandymon) in trying to get this set up asap. I very much appreciate what you told me. Just one of many reasons I love this board so much. You always LEARN in here from the very knowledgeable and helpful Couples veterans.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

CN or CSS you cant go wrong, you will love either place. Been to three Couples and we are soon to go to CTI for the first time. Favorite is CN,so far. Love the smaller beach, the warm water of the beach and the staff is fabulous.
    I have to comment on the "cliffs" though; first i am surprised the mention of the cliffs got through to be posted.
    WE have tried to split trips up, and do cliffs or another small, small boutique in Jamaica, just to get more of the natural feel.
    I would love to share my pics and comments if your interested in the cliffs. Will do so off this message board. But, it is a good option.
    barbpruetz@yahoo.com
    One Love,
    Barb

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Kissed's Dad View Post
    . . . Ocean front veranda suite(ha ha, this newbie don't fool around).. Anyhow, we did our research well as always . . . Bob
    Bob,

Just to make sure you've booked what you want and to avoid disappointment, there are no "oceanfront" verandah suites at CSA. There are "ocean" verandah suites, which afford partial ocean views only. If you want one of the rooms closest to the ocean, you need to book a beachfront suite or beachfront verandah suite.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Quote Originally Posted by EinWI View Post
    I don't understand the draw to "the cliffs" the beach in negril is THE BEST why stay where there is no beach?! Just my opinion.
    Ein 14 days is a long time to be on holiday ... first time to negril the suggestion was just that a suggestion to experience the dynamics of an incredible beach as well as the dynamics of the cliffs. The two are within a few miles logistically yet so far removed. If you never stayed in the cliffs it would be hard to explain. We are beach folks however the change in dynamics makes negril such a wonderful place to visit.
    Since the OP stated they had a desire to experience a non beach vibe ( i.e. swim up bar ) it wasn't a stretch to suggest the cliffs
    Again if you never stayed ......

Hello,
    My fiancee and I are trying to decide where to go in Jamaica and it seems that Couples is the way to go over Sandals. We've read all of your comments about CSA vs. Negril and they have been very helpful! Aside from the pool scene, the beaches, and spa life, do you have any more information about activities? Parasailing, snorkling, hikes?

Thanks!

Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread. It certainly was a lively conversation! Just thought you might like to know that we followed the advice of the majority and booked one week at CN (Apr. 7-14) and one week at CSA (Apr. 14-21). We're all set!

Hope to see you there!!!

SunKisser & Sun Kissed.

Quote Originally Posted by SunKisser View Post
    Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread. It certainly was a lively conversation! Just thought you might like to know that we followed the advice of the majority and booked one week at CN (Apr. 7-14) and one week at CSA (Apr. 14-21). We're all set!

Hope to see you there!!!

SunKisser & Sun Kissed.
    Glad to see you go this route and I'll lay huge odds that you won't be the least bit disappointed in your decision. Unfortunately, we won't land at CN until 4/17, so I won't be able to have you confirm in person how happy you are with your split stay.

And as Pam & Juli have pointed out, make sure to look into qualifying as a repeater for the CSA leg of your stay and perhaps receive that level of benefits.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    Glad to see you go this route and I'll lay huge odds that you won't be the least bit disappointed in your decision. Unfortunately, we won't land at CN until 4/17, so I won't be able to have you confirm in person how happy you are with your split stay.

And as Pam & Juli have pointed out, make sure to look into qualifying as a repeater for the CSA leg of your stay and perhaps receive that level of benefits.
    Hello Ron

Just wanted to let you know that we did confirm with couples that we are repeat guests for our stay at CSA so that's a nice bonus! As for confirming that our decision was a good one...you could always come down to CSA for the day for a visit! \

Cheers
    Kris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2