Default older travellers

We are thinking of going to Swept Away Jamaica but have noticed that the age groups that write in are around 30-40 are there any older folks out there been to this resort by older I mean 60-65.

Plenty of variety in ages. My husband is 68 and when we were there in November, the age range is easily from 20s to 70s or 80s
    and I have seen several replies on this message board from people who are in their 50s, 60s 70s and don't feel the least bit uncomfortable. There is no age limit to love and Couples is about couples in love, of any age!

Age really doesn’t matter at CSA. We are in our late 40’s and really just have fun as a couple. There are many age groups and everyone is just enjoying themselves. We had a great time talking with some “older” people from Canada one year. They were a hoot.

I'll be 66, my wife will be 64 when we return for our second visit to CSA in April. You won't be disapointed.

Cruisers!!! You guys are youngsters compared to us. We have made all four Couples since we hit 70. We spent our 54th wedding anniversary at Css in December after we spent a week at CN in november. We love them all but we have made reservations for our 55th anniversary for Dec.2010 at CN.

CSA has the best patios and balconies-CTI is new and beautiful but sort of like a fancy hotel which we do not prefer but still beautiful, CSS is the most romantic and the most beautiful and the staff and Mr. Pierre made out anniversay so very special. CSS has a lot of steps but do not let that bother you-they sent a van everytime we asked to take us up or down. We are going back to CN because it is so compact and we love the beach there. The beach is like CSA but not as big. Some will say the vendors bother them but that is not true for us. If you say "no thank you" that is enough but we usually talk to them a bit. Any couples is great and we will be 74 and 75 when we go back and probably will not wait until Dec. 2-1- if a good deal comes around--in fact we want to go back now. Good luck and hope you pick the Couples that will feel like home to you.

Thanks Couples for making the oldies feel so special!!!!!

Default Older?

We are in that age category and we love Couples. Great resort for people of all adult ages.

We can't speak about CSA because we have only been to CN, but we saw couples of all ages, including senior citizens, just as you would anywhere else. In fact there might be a greater number of "seniors" because the Couples experience is a better bargain than at many other all-inclusives......Having said that, I spent more time looking at the 30-somethings than my fellow 60-year-olds......LOL

Wife and I are in our 50's. It would be poor form to ask anybody's age, but I'm pretty sure we met folks older than us while at CSA.

What are your concerns? Physical, like getting around? Social?

Don't you know the # on your birth certificate is merely a suggestion??

I am mid 30's, DH is almost 50. (HA) and on our last trip to CTI, we hung with a group of 20 year olds, some 30-ish folks, two couples in their 50's/60's and a couple in their 70's celebrating their 50th anniversary.

We've had the same experience on 4 trips to CSA. It's all just a state of mind. Plus, the ages at the resort tend to vary depending on when you are there. One week, it could be most "older" folks, the next week it could be mostly "younger" folks.

Whoever is there.... Go. Relax. Enjoy. (Thanks TW.)

V

Default older couple

We will be there March 7-21, we are 65 and 66. Our first time and hope we are not too out of place

We never let the younger folks slow us down... go for it!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Yes. Definately you will find people in the Senior bracket. We are both over 65 and have never felt out of place. The beauty of CSA is that there is something for every age group. You probably don't see as many responses on this message board because a lot of older people simply don't do message boards. When are you going? We'll be there the fisrt week in March....and have been there many times in the past. Each time just gets better (and we just keep getting older!)

We are a couple in our early sixties and have traveled to CSA, CN and CSS, We return for the third time to CSA in late February. We have enjoyed each resort that we visited. Each is special in it's own way. As far as the ages of couples at CSA, you will find people from every generation there. Go and enjoy.

We have been to Swept Away three times in the last three years, with our fourth trip coming up Feb 27'th-March 6th. I now fall into that 60-65 category, and in our past trips we met couples from the 20-something honeymooners to the 70-something repeaters. You will fit in just fine, and have a wonderful vacation at Swept Away.

Default Hi Lanny and Marge

Looks like you two "old folks" will be there at the same time as us "old folks". Let's show the younger folks what a great thing it is to be over 60! See there the first week in March!

This is just wonderful!!

I'm so glad you asked this question, because I was about to ask it, too! We are in our 50's & will be visiting CTI, our first Couples experience. This message board is the greatest...very helpful, but I was beginning to wonder if we'd be the only "older people" there. Nice to know there's an assortment of age groups and no children. I love kids but our last AI vacation was spoiled by a large number of unruly, screaming toddlers, so I am definitely looking forward to an adult resort!

On our last visit to CSA in August, 2009 there was a couple from England that the wife was 84 and her husband was 78 ! They proudly gave their ages. Believe it or not, this couple was swimming in the ocean. They said that is why they come to CSA, because it has the best beach for swimming in the ocean, and they had been all over the world. I hope that is me at 84. In case this is read by the couple who gave up their covered canopy area to this couple after they were done swimming- we noticed and Thanks.

No problem, Couples has guests from 20 to 90 plus.
    Irie Mon

Quote Originally Posted by cabushka View Post
    I'm so glad you asked this question, because I was about to ask it, too! We are in our 50's & will be visiting CTI, our first Couples experience. This message board is the greatest...very helpful, but I was beginning to wonder if we'd be the only "older people" there. Nice to know there's an assortment of age groups and no children. I love kids but our last AI vacation was spoiled by a large number of unruly, screaming toddlers, so I am definitely looking forward to an adult resort!
    Birds of a feather cabushka. We are also in our 50's and making our first trip to Couples and Jamaica for that matter as well. We're also staying at CTI from 4/10 thru 4/16 before heding over to CN for an additional four nites. If you're staying at CTI in or around that same time period, we'll have to buy each other a round of drinks.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.