Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I will be going to CSA for the first time in 8 days. I got a Romance Rewards card months ago. I know I can use it to go to one of the other resorts for a day but are there other benefits or do I need to wait until I go back again? Thanks!

Hello all,

I am glad we are resolving issues. Please, if you need an update or something fixed in your account, email me through the Romance Rewards page. If you post it here on the MB, it won't get done. I will always answer questions here, but as far as taking requests for individual accounts this forum is not the best way to do so.

If you have signed up for Romance Rewards, and have yet to actually stay at a Couples Resort, the Trading Places privilege is what you are entitled to...that is of course until your next stay ( :
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Romance Rewards and Preferred Agency Program
    Couples Resorts!

Quote Originally Posted by Beergirl View Post
    Hi Seandymon,

I'm hoping you can make the online pre-check in a bit more efficient. I pre-checked in online 10 days before our December 3rd arrival, but on arrival, CN had no record of my:

-being a Romance Rewards passionate level guest. Apparently everything is handled right at check-in, and upgrades are few and far between. I understand about availability, but I've never seen one given to me or anyone I've talked to.

-my choice of gift. We were just handed 2 small generic t-shirts, when I had signed up for champagne and confectionary. I spoke with guest relations, who said they didn't know ANYTHING about the champagne option, even when I showed him the printed page in his book.

I was able to exchange the small t-shirts for X-large after a few days.

Thanks for taking on this huge job,

Beergirl
    Seandymon - We had the same exact issues as Beergirl when we arrived on 12/10 at CN. So did the other 2 couples we were traveling with. It wasn't until the 4th day did we finally receive our welcome gifts and we had to inquire about them again. We also had to ask for our Repeat Guest Dinner invitation and spa/gift shop credit. No Big deal, but it would be nice if things were a little smoother. We have never been offered an upgrade either and have been at the passionate level for at least the last 2 trips? Thanks for all your hard work in keeping things running smoothly and handling all the questions/concerns.
    Just wanted to make you aware of the issues. Certainly was no big deal as we were "Home" and just happy to be there. We had a Great time as usual and everything else was Wonderful!!
    Have a Happy Day!

Seandymon, m'lady Sue and I travel to Swept Away in late April when the resort is usually full. so the one room class upgrade has never been offered by staff. i understand this as the time we travel the resort is usually fully booked.

could there be a different consideration for repeaters that visit when the resort is full?

i looked and a one room class upgrade at current pricing does not equal the price of a private dinner on the beach, but it is kinda close. perhaps another option for those at top level would be a nice perk when the resort is full.

this is in now way a complaint or deal breaker for us, just some food for thought for the program.

you efforts on resolving issues with the program are greatly appreciated.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Seandymon View Post
    Hello Vee (but this is good for everyone else),

Did you pre-check in on the Romance Rewards Page? How far in advance did you pre-check in? The only way they know your benefits is if your pre-check in. Please let me know how far in advance you did so.
    ....We were there Thanksgiving Week, and still show O Points.

Hello all,

If you have a problem with your Romance Rewards account. Email me at this link:

http://couples.com/RomanceRewards/07-Contact.htm
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Couples Resorts!

Seandymon,

It looks as though you've taken on a big issue here! Thanks for the advice, I will write you off the MB for my number. Thanks for taking charge!

Kim and Steve

Default Romance rewards & Room request

Seandymon

As a fellow coupleholic and Romance Rewards member who has fallen in love with CTI, I have a question. My husband and I loved our room from our last stay and I'm not using the word "love" loosely - it was fantastic; my question is-if you are a Romance Rewards member is there a way to request a specific room prior to checking in or does it help to be a member when you make these type or requests. I know the resort does everything to honor special requests and I've asked our travel agent to put the request in- but it would be great to know ahead of time that "our" room was the one we would be staying in. We are traveling September 9-18 for this year's visit home. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Mary

I agree with Softailgrl81, We are returners as well and we LOVED our room and would love it if we could get it again......while couples can't guarantee anything, perhaps they could honor reward members on room requests first.....just a thought....we arrive in April and can't wait!!!1

Seandymon, I just wanted to say thank you. You are doing a great job already! I emailed about getting the credit on our October stay and you promptly responded and resolved the issue. You, your father, and many others are what makes Couples what it is and we thank you.

Danny

Hi,
    I just want to acknowledge Sean for the positive, aggressive manner that he is taking in dealing with this area of rewards/loyalty recognition. It is such critical area in building and supporting guest loyalty.

Last week, after a several unanswered e-mails and no account correction, I saw the post that Sean had taken over this area, and when I sent an e-mail (from the Romance Rewards page), he responded immediately and within hours, our account was corrected.

That kind of responding is appreciated and certainly builds loyalty. Thanks Sean for your leadership in this area. Sounds like you are not just getting things caught up/corrected, but more importantly working to put systems in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Softailgrl81 View Post
    . . . . [My] question is-if you are a Romance Rewards member is there a way to request a specific room prior to checking in or does it help to be a member when you make these type or requests. . . .
    From Randymon's recent "rants" on hot button topics:

"It seems that every so often I am compelled to restate our position on a few topics which keep rearing up their ugly heads, so here I go:

. . . . 5. Specific Rooms, Buildings or Floor requests: NO! As a result of daily arrivals and departures, it is impossible for us to guarantee any specific room number, building or floor. Rooms are assigned upon arrival and we will do whatever we can to accommodate you at that time. Coming with an expectation of a specific room assignment may only serve to unnecessarily disappoint you at the start of your vacation. This applies to all reservations, even if you or your travel agent request it or note it in the reservation."
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Seandymon~
    My husband and I spent our honeymoon at CSA October 3-10, 2009. I wasn't aware of the Romance Rewards. We have booked our next stay at CSA October 3-10, 2010. Does our first trip qualify to count towards our nights stayed under the Romance Rewards Program?

Default Why is this true in 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    From Randymon's recent "rants" on hot button topics:

"It seems that every so often I am compelled to restate our position on a few topics which keep rearing up their ugly heads, so here I go:

. . . . 5. Specific Rooms, Buildings or Floor requests: NO! As a result of daily arrivals and departures, it is impossible for us to guarantee any specific room number, building or floor. Rooms are assigned upon arrival and we will do whatever we can to accommodate you at that time. Coming with an expectation of a specific room assignment may only serve to unnecessarily disappoint you at the start of your vacation. This applies to all reservations, even if you or your travel agent request it or note it in the reservation."
    Randymon, I understood why we couldn't get the room that we requested in 1992 but in 2010 a simple occupancy spread sheet could INSURE that returning guests would receive the room that they requested. This is NOT the way to keep the 60% repeat guests happy.

Maybe this practice should be changed. Over the past nineteen years we have NEVER received an upgrade nor the room number that we have requested. HUMM!!!!! Ed & Lynn

i have signed up for the rewards program a few times but nothing ever comes of it. i haven't gotten anything in the mail or anything. i sent an email a long, long time ago but also never got a response. am i going to lose the credit i would have gotten for staying in the past because i have not been able to sign up successfully? just a few days ago when i started making plans to book our honeymoon i saw that we would get credit for 3 days and was happy to get at least that but now i am worried that we won't be able to get credit for anything. is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandan View Post
    Seandymon, I just wanted to say thank you. You are doing a great job already! I emailed about getting the credit on our October stay and you promptly responded and resolved the issue. You, your father, and many others are what makes Couples what it is and we thank you.

Danny
    I also would like to thank Sean for his help getting my Rewards points credited QUICKLY.Hopefully he will be able to work out the bugs in the system & we won't have to bother him in the future. (But it's nice to know he's there if we need him)
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

I guess a reward perk would be for you to be able to use points for request of rooms?? I love css and I have been happy in the past but for assurance you have a chance to get the room you want if possible. Nothing is 100% successful but maybe it could work??

Seandymon,
    My wife and I were heading to CN in April and, due to some circumstances that are not important to this thread, we are now going to CSA. I had pre registered a few weeks ago for CN for the rewards we will receive being at the Passionate level. Since we have reached the Passionate level due to multiple stays at Couples, we were entitled to a Couples Massage, $100, repeaters dinner, candles (or sweets/t-shirts) and a credit for the gift shop ($50? I think). I just went on to change things since we are now switching to CSA and the rewards are all but gone. Now it's only candles/oil,t-shirts or sweets & wine, nothing else. What's up with that? Obviously this just came about in the last few weeks. In fact the Renewed Love level has the same choices as Passionate which is minimal to say the least. What happened and why?

Hello All,

Here is the list of benefits for each level:

Young Love [3-13 Nights Stayed]

* Welcome gift of two t-shirts (male/female)
    * One his/her 30-minute massage*
    * Invitation to attend the Repeat Guest dinner
    * Departure snack and water pack
    * Trading Places Pass - One day exchange privileges with a Couples Resort in the same town. Space is limited and must be reserved at resort with the hotel guest services staff.

Renewed Love [14-23 Nights Stayed]

* Choice of welcome gift (Bottle of sparkling wine and confectionery or candles/oils or t-shirts )
    * Invitation to attend the Repeat Guest dinner**
    * $50 Gift Shop credit
    * Trading Places Pass - One day exchange privileges with a Couples Resort in the same town. Space is limited and must be reserved at resort with the hotel guest services staff.

Passionate Love [24+ Nights Stayed]

* Choice of welcome gift (Bottle of sparkling wine and confectionery or candles/oils or t-shirts )
    * Invitation to attend the Repeat Guest dinner**
    * One Category Upgrade upon arrival (subject to availability)
    * $75 Gift Shop credit
    * For stays of seven nights or longer, receive a check for US$100 upon departure. (For vacations involving two or more resorts, a minimum stay of seven nights at each resort is required in order to be eligible for the check.)
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Couples Resorts!

Seandymon,
    I guess I didn't look close enough. I just noticed on the page where you register it didn't list everything offered. My bad!!
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Default Photo contest

Ahhh... the art of the Bob Marley
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default RR eligible

Hi,
    We stayed for the first time ever at a Couples November 14-28, 2009 (CSS). We are now going to take advantage of the 50% off special (again) and are going to book November 2011. If we are 2+ years apart in vacations, are the RR still valid?

Hi - we stayed at couples 2x this year. I see our points for our stay at CN in April but not our points for our stay at CSS in October. Can you help?

Thanks.

Kristie
    Kristie & Tim
    CN '99,'04,'06,'07,'09
    COR '00
    CSS 10/5/09 - 10/10/09

Hi Seandymon, Thanks for taking on the Romance Rewards program. I know you will do a great job fine tuning it.

I have a suggestion...

When I objectively review what is offered at each level, all but one item is available to me 100% of the time. While many of the items offered are optional... I don't have to spend my gift shop credit, I don't have to attend the repeat guest dinner, I don't have to get the massage etc.... if I want them, I get them. The one item that is only sometimes available is the "One Catageory Upgrade upon arrival (subject to availability)". This is definitely a reward I would really like to receive for showing my loyalty to Couples.

It would be interesting to determine what percentage of people who have earned this reward actually receive it. Couples doesn't seem like the kind of organization to dangle a carrot that only a few people that are eligible to receive, actually get.

A suggestion from earlier in this thread to add another category, maybe "Ultimate Love 34+ nights stayed", might be a consideration. Remove the "upgrade upon arrival subject to availability" from Passionate Love and add "Upgrade upon booking" to Ultimate Love. Sure, like the $100 make it conditional upon a stay of 7 nights or more if that makes sense.

Thanks for providing the four pieces of paradise all of us Coupleholics can't get enough of!

Hello Sunfun,

Yes, they will be valid. Nights earned, only expire after 5 years.
    ================================================== ======================== Kristietimw,

If you have a problem with your Romance Rewards account. Email me at this link:

http://couples.com/RomanceRewards/07-Contact.htm

================================================== =======================
    _ Roclin,

Thank you for your ideas, they are noted.
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Couples Resorts!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast