Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Romance Rewards Update!

Hello Couplesholics,

I hope everyone had a safe and happy new year. As you all know I have recently taken over the Romance Rewards Program, and we are beginning to fix and resolve some of the issues the program (and you) were experiencing. Some changes you may have started to notice are: prompt responses to emails, updated accounts, and someone to answer your call (should you do so). I can assure you that I will continue to become more and more efficient in these areas.

Additionally, and effective immediately, everyone who signs up as a new Romance Rewards member will only receive awards nights for stays starting in 2009 (i.e.: you sign up, and have stayed in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008, and 2009; you will only receive nights for the length of your stay in 2009). The Romance Rewards program has been in place now for nearly three years so it is unlikely for our loyal followers to not know about the program.

If you have signed up for Romance Rewards already, and you do not have the appropriate nights in your account due to an error on our part, I will only go back as far as February 2007, when the present program was created, to award any and all missing nights. Any stays prior to 2007 will not receive nights.

We will also be improving/making more efficient the process the Front Desk staff uses to assure the appropriate points are added to your account prior to check out. That way your account should be updated well in advance of your next trip.

Thank you all for your support, patience, and understanding. We look forward to welcoming you home again soon.
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Romance Rewards and Preferred Agency Program
    Couples Resorts!

Sean -

I DO have a question for you regarding available upgrades due to RR status. Will the front desk be aware of those prior to arrival? (i.e. at our recent stay at TI, we were eligible for an upgrade, however, the staff didn't know that when we arrived. They advised us to check back the next day to see about the upgrade status. NOTE: there were plenty of available rooms to upgrade us to. NOTE2: We absolutely loved our room at TI, and wouldn't have moved anyway, but the option would have been nice.)

I am one of those self-professed PITA's that want to arrive; unpack immediately; and get settled in. I do NOT want to move rooms the next day. (Yes. I know. High Maintenance. LOL.) Is there anyway to make certain that the Front Desk knows that this is available and contacts the person or offers the upgraded option upon check-in? That would be FAN-TASTIC.

Thanks. (And sorry about being a pain. Just talk to my DH. He's used to it. )

Hello Vee (but this is good for everyone else),

Did you pre-check in on the Romance Rewards Page? How far in advance did you pre-check in? The only way they know your benefits is if your pre-check in. Please let me know how far in advance you did so.
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Couples Resorts!

? regarding RR. How do the points accumulate and get used? Example: On our last trip to CSA we had a balance of 27 points which put us in the passionate love level. We received all of our benefits while at the resort. Are the 24 points deducted from our account at that point? That would leave a balance of 3 and a total of 10 when the 7 nights were added from the most recent stay. Or once you achieve a certain level do you stay there? Once you use your points. It seems that it would be awfully difficult to reach the highest level if points were deducted for each stay.
    GREANJAC

Hello greanjac,

You still have passionate status. When you take advantage of your benefits your nights don't get removed. You don't "use" your points, you earn them.

That being said, we are presently working on an expiration policy, the details of which will be announced soon.
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Couples Resorts!

Seandymon: Any plans to have another level higher then the current 24 nights or greater level?
    I feel that repeat stay guests who show such loyalty by staying over and voer again should be rewarded

Hello Richli2,

I can tell you that it has been discussed, but no decision has been made yet. I will keep you all posted on that.
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Couples Resorts!

I applied for a Romance Rewards card when I first made a reservation to come to Couples and read about the program on the message board. That was about three months ago and I still have not received the card. I wrote and asked, and was told that I only needed the number - which of course I promptly lost....

I live in Canada. Does it take longer to get card here? Is there a back up? Can I expect to receive card prior to our stay in March?

Default CN needs a little work

Hi Seandymon,

I'm hoping you can make the online pre-check in a bit more efficient. I pre-checked in online 10 days before our December 3rd arrival, but on arrival, CN had no record of my:

-being a Romance Rewards passionate level guest. Apparently everything is handled right at check-in, and upgrades are few and far between. I understand about availability, but I've never seen one given to me or anyone I've talked to.

-my choice of gift. We were just handed 2 small generic t-shirts, when I had signed up for champagne and confectionary. I spoke with guest relations, who said they didn't know ANYTHING about the champagne option, even when I showed him the printed page in his book.

I was able to exchange the small t-shirts for X-large after a few days.

Thanks for taking on this huge job,

Beergirl

Seandymon,

How do we get points credited? Also how long does it take for points to show up, we stayed Dec19th-27th and the points still do not show up on our account.

If you have signed up for Romance Rewards already, and you do not have the appropriate nights in your account due to an error on our part, I will only go back as far as February 2007, when the present program was created, to award any and all missing nights. Any stays prior to 2007 will not receive nights.

Hi Randy... with the new program what is a reasonable time frame after staying at a resort should i expect the points to be credited?

Thanks

We are doing CTI and then CSS, how do we pre-check in online (rOmance reward member)??? It is asking for a departure date from CTI but we will be leaving from CSS???

seandymon, we were at CSA in November at the Passionate level and to date have not received the check for 100.00, which i was told would be sent to me. Is there a backlog with this? Thanks

Seandymon,

A question frequently asked on the message board is, "how far ahead of my trip should I pre-check in?" What is your recommendation to make the process most efficient for your team?

Karen

We pre-checked in about 7 days prior. (Actually, I think i did it about 4 weeks prior, but then I did it again about 7 days prior, as we were told that 4 weeks prior was too early and it might have gotten lost.) They DID have our pre-check in info, as they were able to tell me that I would be getting the t-shirts I preregistered for, etc. But the upgrade seemed to be an object of some debate. The front desk informed me "Yes, we have those rooms available, and it shouldn't be a problem. Please check with us tomorrow about the upgrade."

Hmmmmm..... Also, I want to note here that this was NOT a deal-breaker for us in ANY way at all. We absolutely loved our room, and will be coming back to CTI someday. Awesome place with some fantastic customer service. I just happen to know some people for whom this would set their trip off on a negative right from the beginning and would not be able to let it go. (And I will admit, on the way TO our room, I was annoyed. Once arriving AT our room, I was totally OK with it.) I just don't think that check back tomorrow is the right response. If you're gonna offer an upgrade, it should be available upon check-in.

KandS,

You don't need your card. Just sign into your account and copy down you Romance Rewards number. Also, please be sure to do the pre-check in online at least 3 days prior to arrival.
    ================================================== ========================

Beergirl,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will be working with the staff to improve this process next week.

jamacain_me_crazy,and sag

Please allow up to 4 weeks after departure for your nights to show in your account. After that point, if they are not there, please email me, and I will update it manually.

ddc,

When doing a split stay, you must do two separate pre-check ins: One for CTI and one for CSS.

spingirl,

I am sorry that you haven't received your check yet. Please email me off the board (through the Romance Rewards page), and I will get to the bottom of it.

nguc54t,

I would say at least 3 days prior to arrival, but I will have a more concrete answer when I return from Jamaica.
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Couples Resorts!

VEE, I totally agree with you, that also happened to us at CSA, I didn't shrug it off as well as you did, but we were upgraded the next day. It was a bit of a pain, but it was ok.

Default Pre-check in

Hi Seandymon! We are arriving next Thursday, Jan. 14th at CTI. We are supposed to get an inch of snow an hour here for the rest of the day today so I can't tell you how anxious I am to be lying on the CTI beach! I just read a post where someone said pre-checking in 4 weeks prior was too early. I did the pre-check in on Dec. 15th. Should I do it again?
    Thanks and have a great day!

I haven't gotten my card yet. We were at CSA in 8/09. Should I expect my card soon? ty

mbreej,

4 weeks out is not supposed to be too early, however, just to be safe, go ahead and do it again.
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Couples Resorts!

wileeandrr,

We are phasing out the cards, the don't serve any functional purpose, and we are moving in a Green direction. All you need is your number, which you can get from signing into your account.
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Couples Resorts!

Hi Seadymon.... what is your email address or should I just post my number and dates of stay here...please let me know... and thanks for your response!!! Happy 2010!

Seandymon...I don't remember what that was?! And never got an email...oy..ty!

got it! ty!

Seandymon, My husband and I stayed another 7 nites @ CSA 11-27-09 thru 12-4-09 but the points have not yet been awarded or added to our total. Can you please insure our romance reward account is updated to reflect our new point total of 29 and that we've moved into the Passionate Level. Please help. Thank you so much! Razzl

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast