Thread: online booking?

Hybrid View

Default online booking?

I am planning a trip in June.....but I may need to tweek the date so I am hesitant about booking now......this a loaded question.....

should I book via the couples site or call? Will rates be discounted sometime again after Jan 15?

can I get as good of rates on expedia.com or allinclusiveoutlets.com?

where and what is the best place to book? should I look at pricing airfare separately?
    Born in Illinois and Proud

Book now!! The rates will be increasing. Plus, Couples has a Best Rate Guarantee so if you book directly with them and the rate drops, you get the lower rate automatically. Here's the link to more info about that guarantee: http://couples.com/04special-econ.htm

Couples will also match legitimate prices, so if you were to find a cheaper deal someplace else, they will match it.

And you should definitely buy the travel insurance ($158) so if you do need to change dates you can do so without penalty.

We used to always book with an online travel site. However, we have found that it is easier for us to book directly with Couples in case we need to change dates or do any other changes with the hotel. We've also found that for when we go in April, it's always cheaper to book our flights separately. We booked our April 2010 travel in June of 2009. We still haven't bought our flights because they typically drop in January. Same with 2011 - we've already booked the hotel (via the 800 number) for 2011 but won't even think about flights until January 2011.

As for the difference between the Couples booking website and the Couples 800 number - I think that if you want to do the LoveAway plan that can only be done on the website. At least that's how it was when we booked, but it could have changed.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

We book hotel directly with Couples because of their best rate guarantee. Plus, if we need to change dates later, we can with no penalty. Inexpensive insurance. Then you can watch for airfare prices and move your trip by a day or two if that's most price-advantageous.

We booked through cheapcaribbean.com. They've been great, even helped with a new flight after American cancelled on us.

Cheapcaribbean had the best overall price when we booked.

trking,

We are also looking at booking through cheapcaribbean.com for our late April trip. So far, they have the best prices, from what I've seen.

I was wondering how your trip went after booking through cheapcaribbean.com? Did everything work out smoothly?

Also, did you book any excursions through cheapcaribbean.com, or wait until you were on the resort?

Thanks!

the problem with booking on some of the other sites is the cancellation policy is not as good.

We have been booking with Couples for our last couple trips simply because it's easier to change the dates later. For example, this trip, we have had to move back a week. (Cub Scouts. Sheesh.) And with Couples, it's no big deal. No cost. With AllInclusiveOutlet, it would have cost us much more than that. Youch. (Note; we have not booked flights yet, and have learned that it's MUCH easier to do so closer to our travel date.) With couples, it costs us nothing and we get to keep our same "rate". With other companies, if you're changing dates, you have to cancel and rebook. (Translation: You lose whatever "deals" you have gotten.)

Our final verdict? Easier/better to book with Couples direct.

We always book with a local travel agent now. He gives us great service and helps support local commerce. Prices are the same and he had no problems changing plans when we had a family illness cancelling our plans at the last moment. He is always available should a problem arrive. We did book through the site once and was given wrong flight information finding out our plane had already left when we arrived at the airport. The airline said we better contact our agent but who is available in Jamaica at 6am on Christmas? Nobody! Support your local business, they need us in this economy.

Default Direct or Not???

Hi Illinois, We have booked direct, through local travel agents and through national agencies over the years. Our preference is to book direct BUT we do not like the "3% FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE" charged by our credit card company. Couples bills from Jamaica and on a $3,000 reservation it costs you an extra $90.00. Although our preference is booking direct because of the exchange fee we are rethinking our decision.

Ed & Lynn, 17 times to Couples

Quote Originally Posted by jamacia8 View Post
    Hi Illinois, We have booked direct, through local travel agents and through national agencies over the years. Our preference is to book direct BUT we do not like the "3% FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE" charged by our credit card company. Couples bills from Jamaica and on a $3,000 reservation it costs you an extra $90.00. Although our preference is booking direct because of the exchange fee we are rethinking our decision.

Ed & Lynn, 17 times to Couples
    We booked direct through Couples and did not get charged the foreign transaction fees. I have seen people discuss it on here and some get charged and some don't. Somehow I think it has something to do with your credit card too, though I'm not sure I understand how. When I talked to our credit union, they said they thought we would get charged, but it never showed up on our bill.

Default Changing dates really that easy?

Is changing dates really that easy? What if you dont know about a date change until say 30 days prior? I am planning a vaca with my hubby when I return from deployment next summer. But as everyone knows, military timelines are never set in stone! I want to book early to take advantage of disounts, but am afraid of what wouldhappen if my redeploymkent date gets changed.