Default Arriving 1 day early, please help w/questions

Well we finally did it, we are booked at Couples Negril for May. Since we are flying from Las Vegas, we are going to arrive about 8 pm the night before we check into Negril. I would like to get a room in Montego somewhere, will catch a cab locally. My questions are these>> Any suggestions for a cheap but secure hotel for the evening, and one last question, we will take the cab back to the airport in the am. to catch the "Couples" shuttle to Negril, but how do we get into the "Couples" lounge in the airport to let them know we are there for the shuttle. Please don't suggest I go straight to Couples the night before or take a private transport because hubby has been out of work for 3 months and I just barely saved the money for this trip.
    For what it costs per day, which I think is very reasonable anyway, I hate the fact that if we checkd in then we would be loosing the whole day. Thank you in advance for your help and it is great to say I finally made the switch from "S" to the Couples family.

We're doing the same thing as we're leaving from Phoenix and won't arrive in MoBay till 8:00pm. I made a 1 night reservation at Toby's Resort, 1 mile from the airport. The cost was $120 for the night and I made the reservation through Expedia. It has decent reviews and what the heck...it's only one night. Before you catch a cab to Toby's, go to the Couples Lounge and ask them where you can meet them for the ride to Couples. That's what we're going to do and what others have told us they did.
    Eileen

Quote Originally Posted by justchris4 View Post
    Well we finally did it, we are booked at Couples Negril for May. Since we are flying from Las Vegas, we are going to arrive about 8 pm the night before we check into Negril. I would like to get a room in Montego somewhere, will catch a cab locally. My questions are these>> Any suggestions for a cheap but secure hotel for the evening, and one last question, we will take the cab back to the airport in the am. to catch the "Couples" shuttle to Negril, but how do we get into the "Couples" lounge in the airport to let them know we are there for the shuttle. Please don't suggest I go straight to Couples the night before or take a private transport because hubby has been out of work for 3 months and I just barely saved the money for this trip.
    For what it costs per day, which I think is very reasonable anyway, I hate the fact that if we checkd in then we would be loosing the whole day. Thank you in advance for your help and it is great to say I finally made the switch from "S" to the Couples family.
    suggestion- by time you get off plane get luggage it will be 9 pm i would head over to the couples lounge and head over to negril eta 11:30 pm. Drop bags off at couples catch a cab and either stay in a mom and pop like merrill or legends or perhaps rooms for the night or head to the jungle or pee wee party like rock stars until day break and check into cn as if you were on the red eye
    At day break your room may not be ready but the beach will be enoy

Quote Originally Posted by eileen11 View Post
    We're doing the same thing as we're leaving from Phoenix and won't arrive in MoBay till 8:00pm. I made a 1 night reservation at Toby's Resort, 1 mile from the airport. The cost was $120 for the night and I made the reservation through Expedia. It has decent reviews and what the heck...it's only one night. Before you catch a cab to Toby's, go to the Couples Lounge and ask them where you can meet them for the ride to Couples. That's what we're going to do and what others have told us they did.
    Eileen
    We did this exact thing, down to the hotel choice and all, a couple of years ago. Simple, easy, and Toby's has GREAT breakfast.

I know your plan is to stay in Montego Bay for the night and if you want to do that you might want to check out the Gloriana, or Doctors Cave,but I think the suggestion to head right to Negril is a good one, the only thing is I don't think you could take the Couples shuttle or that you would be able to leave your bags at CN before its your check in day.
    I know you said you don't want to have to pay for a transfer to Negril but honestly, it wont cost you that much more to do that than it would to take a cab from the airport to a Montego Bay hotel and then back to the airport.It also would be a lot less hassle. Anyway.. Id just have a ride arranged to Negril,($20pp) have a room booked at one of the least expensive places on the beach, drop my bags in my room there, maybe see whats going on nearby ,or just get some rest(if you can sleep}wake up, do an early morning walk down 7 mile beach , maybe stop for breakfast along the beach somewhere, go back to your room, grab your bags, get a cab for about $5 and be at CN in 5 minutes.Easy !And you wont waste any of your fist full day traveling.
    We recently got back from a trip to CSA and because of a snowstorm our flight was delayed 11 hours(of course AJ didn't announce that until we were at the airport) We had to either wait with our luggage in the outer area of the airport for 11 hours or check into a nearby hotel.We ended up staying at Doctors Cave, it was ok and we shared a room with our friends so the cost wasn't bad, but,as I already said, the combined cab cost both ways (can't really take advantage of the cheap route taxi system when your lugging around suitcases, carryones, etc and are looking for a ride from the airport lot, and there were 4 of us) wasn't much less than what we've paid for a ride to Negril. And believe me I'd have rather been in Negril! Just an idea. I'd be glad to recommend some decent, cheap places to stay in Negril if you'd like(and if its allowed)

We know a WONDERFUL bed and breakfast 5 minutes away from the Montego Bay airport. Gets great reviews from all guests on Tripadvisor.com as well. Photos of the property avaialable and security great. I can email you with info if interested.