Thread: Stairs at CSS

Default Stairs at CSS

Still trying to decide between CSS and CSA (and maybe even CTI)! One concern I have about CSS is the stairs and how spread out everything seems. I am used to staying at hotels with elevators where you can get just about anywhere in 5 minutes. Are there a lot of stairs and how spread apart is everything? thanks!

There are a lot of stairs, but they also have a shuttle van in case you get tired of walking. However, the stairs also depend on where your room is. For instance, we were in G, which is at the very top, but we're beach people so we spent all of our time on the beach. So for us, we had to walk all of the steps each time we wanted to go back to our room. But if we ever go back to CSS, we'd book a Beachfront and get in Building A or B which is on the beach level.

I'd be happy to send you the CSS map and some pics so you can see for yourself how spread out everything is (amy.welch@hotmail.com). For some people it's no big deal, but for others it's too spread out.

We've also been to CSA and CTI if you want to see those pics too.

Good luck deciding!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

We had read about the stairs, so were expecting them, but still, it can get tiring... most we saw (including us) would walk up to a landing, stop, enjoy the view, take a breather, and then go on up to the next one. Not a big deal at all, and we enjoyed the nice leisurely strolls... can't be in a hurry though cause it's gonna take a while. And it definitely depends on where your room is... but keep in mind, the higher up you are, the better view/privacy so it's a pro/con kind of thing. Personally I did not mind the stairs and we were up quite a bit. We were just diligent to be sure when we left the room for a day at the beach, that we brought everything we'd need for the day in our big beach bag because it's not a "run back to your room" kind of place unless you're in A or B block (beachfront suite rooms).

There are quite a few stairs, depending on where your room is but, as Amy pointed out, there is a shuttle where they can get you from the lower level to the upper or the other way around. CSS is a tropical paradise and is very beautiful but it does require some walking to get about.

If you're more into the hotel type resort, where everything is closer, more condensed and elevators are available, then you should check out CTI. This resort is very nice but it requires far less walking as everything is centrally located.

From what I hear CSA is also spread out but does not have all the stairs of CSS. We're heading there in April so we can say we've checked it out.

Hope this helps in your decision.

Bart & Bug

My wife and I were both 58 when we went to CSS in Aug '08. Being in resonable physical shape, we did not have any problems with the stairs. The direct route from the beach to our D1 room was 58 steps plus another 50+ to the lobby, but if we took the ramp from the beach to Building D the number of steps were cut in half and that appeared to be true throughout the resort. We just followed the attitude that we were there to relax as we meandered about the grounds.
    The resort is rather spacious as resorts go and that is part of the charm of CSS. Going from SSB to the lobby can be done quickly by walking the driveway (or riding the van) or slowly by enjoying the grounds (as we generally did).

I think you should go to CN. Everything is so close and you can request a first floor room and be anywhere quickly.

CN is your best bet. CSA is miles long and can take 20 minutes to walk from one end to the other. CSS, although beautiful, has more stairs than a skysraper and is about 7 stories from the beach to the lobby.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We think we are choosing CSA. I appreciate everyone's comments. This MB is a huge help!

Quote Originally Posted by melly View Post
    Still trying to decide between CSS and CSA (and maybe even CTI)! One concern I have about CSS is the stairs and how spread out everything seems. I am used to staying at hotels with elevators where you can get just about anywhere in 5 minutes. Are there a lot of stairs and how spread apart is everything? thanks!
    We did a site visit to CSA while at CN one year and felt the resort was very spread out, way too much for our tastes. Having just returned from CSS We felt is wasn't really that spread out - but there were steps - but they really wee not an issue because we went down in the morning and up in the evening to our room.
    ... it keepsh me shane

CSS...Couples Sans Souci would be my choice..To me CSS is the most romantic and beautiful of the Couples Resorts.

I am 63 years young,OVERWEIGHT,out of shape and the stairs at CSS were NOT a problem.

CSS...Couples Sans Souci..Oh,how I love typing these words.

Hugs

My wife and I are in our mid 50's and we never had a problem with the stairs. In '08 we stayed in Building E and last year in D so we had stairs coming and going. The beautiful lush grounds are worth the stairs you have to deal with. Besides, it's a great way to work off the great CSS meals you will consume and probably overdue because they are soooo good!!

We found the stairs at CSS to be kind of an inconvenience. Who wants to walk up and down stairs after a big, hearty dinner and a few drinks? Not me.

We love both CSA and CN. One big difference for us between the 2 is if you are at all fitness inclined and enjoy healthy food, CSA is the way to go (awesome fitness complex and more healthy food options).
    Melea & Joseph
    CN - '06, '07, '08
    CSS and CSA - '09
    CSA - '10