Default Night Snorkeling at CSA

I would love to try this. Can anyone give me any details such as cost and time.

When we were there last May, we were told that there was a $35 pp charge, and a minimum of four people(?) for the night snorkel outting.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Just at CN, we did the night snorkling $35 pp, a bit steep I thought. I would not do it again, stick to the day (free). We did see an octopus and squid, but not a lot else...

We've done this at Swept Away, it was $35 per person and you had to sign up in advance, they need a minimum of four people signed up to go. Once you get out to the snorkel spot you really begin to realize how dark it is, totally pitch black. No one seems to want to be the first one into the water. They give you a flashlight, but really that only lights up a straight beam in front of you, anything could be coming at you from the front back or sides and you'd never know it.

One guy in the group seemed to have a bit of a nervous breakdown and had to be put back on the boat. My boyfriend said he was lucky he have one as well and that you couldn't pay him enough to do it again. Personally, I had a blast! I guess it all depends what kind of person you are!

Default I am sorry for chuckling here

I hope that poor man that had anxiety attack is okay... the reason I am chuckling is becuuase you are hilarious the way you told the story -- so true so true each word..I visualized me in those positions
    I would have not lasted one second in that water in the dark if I was even able to get my legs to stop shaking long enough to get out of the boat...

thank you for this post

The best part is that he was one of these super macho guys who was being such a jerk to his girlfriend...telling the Couples guys how scared she is, asking really loud if she wants him to hold her hand, not letting her get a word in, telling everyone what a great swimmer he was and how she needs all the help she can get. Not 10 minutes into the swim I'm helping tow him back to the boat while he's shaking uncontrollably and shrieking like a little girl, "SOMETHING TOUCHED ME!!!" "WHAT WAS THAT?? WHAT'S DOWN THERE???".
    His girlfriend stayed in the water and had a great time without him, and he was noticeably silent on the way back.

We are bigtime snorkelers and did the night snorkeling at CSA a few years ago. It is still $35/pp and they need four people (at least) to sign up. You leave right at sunset, and it takes about an hour, so you are back with plenty of time for dinner. They gave us each a huge flashlight and we followed our snorkel leader as he pointed out different things. I thought it was worth the money, but don't feel the need to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by mysandytoes View Post
    The best part is that he was one of these super macho guys who was being such a jerk to his girlfriend...telling the Couples guys how scared she is, asking really loud if she wants him to hold her hand, not letting her get a word in, telling everyone what a great swimmer he was and how she needs all the help she can get. Not 10 minutes into the swim I'm helping tow him back to the boat while he's shaking uncontrollably and shrieking like a little girl, "SOMETHING TOUCHED ME!!!" "WHAT WAS THAT?? WHAT'S DOWN THERE???".
    His girlfriend stayed in the water and had a great time without him, and he was noticeably silent on the way back.
    It seems to hold true that the ones that "talk" a big game are the ones that usually are hiding their own inadequacies.
    Personally the night dive I went on was one of the top 3 dives (of 50+) I've been on in my life! As it is on land, the animals that come out at night are a totally different group. (Night diving) as is night snorkeling is AWESOME. Alas but not for the faint of heart. (aka her boyfriend)