Default Best room, best view

Looking for advice on which room class has the best ocean views and large private balconies. Have heard that the One Bedroom Ocean Suites is the answer. From the pictures this looks true also. Have seen reviews stating Block D, and then G are best, then E and F. Someone said room D20 was good. Can anyone provide actual experience in this subject matter? Thanks in advance for any help.

From what I have been reading, the Beachfront's have smaller balconies, but have jacuzzis and walk out near the beach. Some of the Oceonfronts have medium sized balconies, but the veranda level rooms are the ones with the really big balconies.

We just returned from CSS Dec 2009. We stayed in the One BR Beachfront Suite in B Block. We loved our room, we have a beautiful view of the ocean, the Christmas Gala, and the pool area. We were 2 seconds away from breakfast and all the dinners except for the Casanova Restaurant. Even so we didn't mind walking up there at all for the delicious food. We had a decent sized balcony, and our bathtub was huge. If you are interested in pictures, email me @ connell0618@bellsouth.net. I would be more than happy to send some pics of the room and the views. Good luck!

We have booked a One bedroom Oceanfront Suite and I have requested D block as first choice and G block as second but looking at some pics on the web it looks like the angle of the sea is to the side if you are staying in D block. Can anyone advise as I am debating changing my first choice to G.

Thanks

Default G block

If I did this correctly here is a picture of are room in G block on the second floor.

We've stayed in Block D - 2 and D - 16 and loved our view overlooking the beautiful resort, pool area and beach. Our balcony was the perfect size for us. We could see part of the ocean to the right, but if you want a full view looking out at the sea's horizon, G Block would be a good choice for you! Can't wait to go there again in one month!!!

Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by connell0618 View Post
    We just returned from CSS Dec 2009. We stayed in the One BR Beachfront Suite in B Block. We loved our room, we have a beautiful view of the ocean, the Christmas Gala, and the pool area. We were 2 seconds away from breakfast and all the dinners except for the Casanova Restaurant. Even so we didn't mind walking up there at all for the delicious food. We had a decent sized balcony, and our bathtub was huge. If you are interested in pictures, email me @ connell0618@bellsouth.net. I would be more than happy to send some pics of the room and the views. Good luck!
    I agree with connell0618 100%. We have been there twice. We first got G block, but had our room changed to B block on the second day. Went back 6 months later and requested B block. We are going back in May and will request the same room we had the other two times in B block. It is ocean level right at the beach and pool. Great view of the Gala as well, and we only had to menouver steps when we went to dinner and the gym a few times.

Default Is There Really A Bad Room?

Is there really a bad room when you are in Paradise?

We were at CSS last November and spent very little time in the room. I mean think about it. You get up, go to breakfast then to the beach. Come back in the evening clean up for dinner leave the room again and don't come back until you waned to go to bed. Then do it again the next day.

We were in block A with an Ocean View Suite and the room was very nice. We are going again in November and are going to request the same area because it was a great location. I have to admit when we needed to go to the lobby or gift shop it was quite a hike up the hill but after everything I ate or drank I felt I was working off a few calories.

So again I ask....Is there really a bad room in Paradise?

Annarundel

Quote Originally Posted by annarundel View Post
    Is there really a bad room when you are in Paradise?

We were at CSS last November and spent very little time in the room. I mean think about it. You get up, go to breakfast then to the beach. Come back in the evening clean up for dinner leave the room again and don't come back until you waned to go to bed. Then do it again the next day.

We were in block A with an Ocean View Suite and the room was very nice. We are going again in November and are going to request the same area because it was a great location. I have to admit when we needed to go to the lobby or gift shop it was quite a hike up the hill but after everything I ate or drank I felt I was working off a few calories.

So again I ask....Is there really a bad room in Paradise?

Annarundel
    Not saying there were any bad rooms, just some maybe better than others, more conducive to romance for honeymooners. Must be some better than others or you wouldn't worry about asking for the same area again, if there weren't any bad ones. Looks like you based your choice on convenience and location. I am more interested in ocean views and balcony privacy.

We stayed in a beachfront suite when were were there Oct 2009. I have pictures I can send out if you like. Just email me at amandabrunke@gmail.com.

Thanks. But it is true, anywhere at CSS is nice.
    Amanda & Chris
    Edmonton, AB

"Were Coming HOME with our Jamaican Crew Oct 12, 2011"

ahhh vacation

If you are looking for an awe inspiring ocean view, and a big, completely 100% private balcony, then room G12B fits the bill. It is a deluxe ocean verandah room is the highest room in the resort, and furthest away from everything else. Only the Hibiscus Cottage is further away. We were there in the first week in Feb, and are working on going back in April, we loved it so much!!

I'm at a loss to understand how this message string got posted. There has been much discussion (both for and against) regarding paying a premium for specific room choice. Threads on the topic of 'best rooms' is why there is a problem with guests requesting specific rooms, if potential guests ask 'which are the best rooms?' and MB posters respond with their recommended room #s and/or specific buildings, then new guests will assume that the other rooms are in some way inferior! All rooms are wonderful (at least in CSS and CTI - the only two at which I have stayed) just different locations and whether they are 'the best' or not is relative - my choice of 'best room' might not be the answer for the person asking the question. As Couples policy, as I understand it to have always been, was that if a certain room/location was available at check-in then a special request may be accommodated. In addition, should the room allocated not be suitable and a more suitable room is available, guests are always moved quickly and efficiently upon request. In view of this, surely moderators should not allow posts requesting location or # of the best rooms, this would eliminate answers advising of the 'best rooms'. Couples website gives accurate information and realistic photos of rooms for each category (as the orginal poster states) and these post threads only seem to imply that some rooms are somehow better than others.

Mad about tennis

Quote Originally Posted by johnirene View Post
    I'm at a loss to understand how this message string got posted. There has been much discussion (both for and against) regarding paying a premium for specific room choice. Threads on the topic of 'best rooms' is why there is a problem with guests requesting specific rooms, if potential guests ask 'which are the best rooms?' and MB posters respond with their recommended room #s and/or specific buildings, then new guests will assume that the other rooms are in some way inferior! All rooms are wonderful (at least in CSS and CTI - the only two at which I have stayed) just different locations and whether they are 'the best' or not is relative - my choice of 'best room' might not be the answer for the person asking the question. As Couples policy, as I understand it to have always been, was that if a certain room/location was available at check-in then a special request may be accommodated. In addition, should the room allocated not be suitable and a more suitable room is available, guests are always moved quickly and efficiently upon request. In view of this, surely moderators should not allow posts requesting location or # of the best rooms, this would eliminate answers advising of the 'best rooms'. Couples website gives accurate information and realistic photos of rooms for each category (as the orginal poster states) and these post threads only seem to imply that some rooms are somehow better than others.
    The thread is about "preferences" (read initial post). Everyone is aware of the Couples policy pertainting to "requests", knowing none are guaranteed. The thread is about asking for advice and getting information from repeat visitors that have the knowledge and an opinion to better match someones "preference", which makes this board so valuable so that new visitors can be better informed if they choose to be. There is no reference about paying a "premium" for certain rooms or guaranteed rooms. The "premium" for rooms already exists, by having multiple room types at higher rates that offer alternate "preferences". For some people a certain room type may be better than others. If all rooms "are wonderful" that would imply that all rooms are the same, which would not make sense to have different room types on different floor levels in different areas of the resort. I appreciate the opinions and pictures posted by veterans that have repeatly visited any of the Couples Resorts. It assists people in making informed choices or requests with their preferences in mind.

I alway request building F and we love it. The only problem is last year they put us in F2 which is right above the lobby and over looks Cassanova and the balloon bar. This would not have been a problem but sometimes I walk around my room and balcony in my birthday suite and I felt everyone outside could see in. I generally don't mind what room we have as long as I have or feel like I have privacy.

annarundel good to see your helping everyone as usual. We have stayed in A Block and B Block. Our friends have stayed in G block. There isn't a bad room at CSS. We have been to Couples resorts 7 times and hoping to return this year. Who knows Annarundel maybe we can see each other in November.