Default Complaint at Couples Negril

We ate at the Helliconia our first night here (two days ago). We had Chef Tyrone Jackson's special for the night. Beef tips in a delightful sauce with garlic mashed potatoes. Very Good. When we were done eating our main course, our waitress never came back. A couple sitting next to us who came in after we did and finished eating after we did got their table cleared and dessert menus and we just sat there. We finally (after only about 15 minutes) flagged down another waiter and told him we would like dessert. He promptly cleared our table and told us about the desserts, but didn't show us the dessert menu. NO BIG DEAL. But I mentioed it to the hostess, thinking she would like to know. We told her it wasn't a big thing, but we always have such excellent service here that we thought she would like to know about it. She said yes, asked us for the details and thanked us for our input. She told us they really appreciate their customers opinions and to feel free to let them know if anything isn't perfect. What a nice way to handle that, we thought. The next afternoon we went back to the room for something and there was a very nice peronalized appology card from the resort along with a chocolate decorated plate of chocolates and a bottle of champagne in a bucket of ice with two champagne glasses!!! Talk about a surprise!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Now THAT's customer service to the Nth degree. While it wasn't the most pleasant of experiences with your dessert issue, it sure does seem that management went above and beyond to make amends. Good for you Wally and good for Couples!
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

You got to hand it to Karen and her staff, when they do drop the ball (no one is that perfect) they do know how to pick the ball back up and get back in the game.

Kudos to Karen and her staff.

Hi Wally

Couples never ceases to amaze me! What a wonderful thing for them to do. I'm sure there was a reasonable explanation for what happened (maybe your server became ill suddenly?) but you will never know. Couples never makes excuses they just find a way to make us smile again!

Wally

That's great customer service for you, I hope you enjoy the rest of your time there, we will be arriving at CN in 6 weeks, can't wait!!

Yours The Pob in the UK.

What a great way to handle the situation, even though it ddn't need anything added but sure makes it "sweeter". I think most places will go out of their way to correct any situation brought to their attention, especially if it is handled politely and respectfully. All situations need to be dealt with but you always get more bees with honey than vinegar and your comment here only validates that. Enjoy your stay in paradise. Can't wait to get back (in November)

Awwwwwwwww CN...Couples Negril

CN..The resort that other resorts try to match.

CN's GM Karen Lanigan has indeed put together a world class staff and we thank each of them.

Hugs from cold and snowy Steamboat Springs,Colorado

As they say, your results may vary. We have been to CN 6 times but won't be back. Our last time there, my wife and I were having a nice romantic dinner when another couple were seated at the table next to us. After exchanging hellos we continued with our meal. The man obviously half in the bag kept asking questions that we wern't interested in answering and rather continued eating while they waited to order. He then started to threaten us under his breath and got louder & louder hoping for a confrontation. We just wanted a nice quiet dinner together. We finished the plate in front of us and decided to just leave without waiting for desert as he made it uncomfortable to stay another minute. As we left everyone looked at us as he threatened us loudly with bodily harm like we were the problem. We went right to the front desk and made them aware of what just happened. We told them the first names of the people, that they just arrived 2 days ago and the state they came from, all info the couple told us as they sat next to us. CN said there was nothing they could do and "impossible" to look up who it might be. Really? Give me CN's computer for 30 seconds and I could find that out, I'm sure. CN did not want to address the problem and we were uneasy the rest of our stay. We have since gone to CSS and its a far better place in all respects. The staff is far superior. Couples may think CN is their flagship resort but CSS is nipping at their heals and will pass them up real soon. Hopefully this post will not be censored and feel CN owed us some respect. John & Helene - NJ

Quote Originally Posted by John from Jersey View Post
    As they say, your results may vary. We have been to CN 6 times but won't be back. Our last time there, my wife and I were having a nice romantic dinner when another couple were seated at the table next to us. After exchanging hellos we continued with our meal. The man obviously half in the bag kept asking questions that we wern't interested in answering and rather continued eating while they waited to order. He then started to threaten us under his breath and got louder & louder hoping for a confrontation. We just wanted a nice quiet dinner together. We finished the plate in front of us and decided to just leave without waiting for desert as he made it uncomfortable to stay another minute. As we left everyone looked at us as he threatened us loudly with bodily harm like we were the problem. We went right to the front desk and made them aware of what just happened. We told them the first names of the people, that they just arrived 2 days ago and the state they came from, all info the couple told us as they sat next to us. CN said there was nothing they could do and "impossible" to look up who it might be. Really? Give me CN's computer for 30 seconds and I could find that out, I'm sure. CN did not want to address the problem and we were uneasy the rest of our stay. We have since gone to CSS and its a far better place in all respects. The staff is far superior. Couples may think CN is their flagship resort but CSS is nipping at their heals and will pass them up real soon. Hopefully this post will not be censored and feel CN owed us some respect. John & Helene - NJ
    WOW....not cool at all!! That is terrible, I can see how that would ruin your entire trip. Can't believe that nothing was done...unreal!!
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by John from Jersey View Post
    Couples may think CN is their flagship resort but ...
    JohnfromJersey - No one from Couples has ever said any such thing. The very idea is ridiculous.

I find your story very believable and am appreciative that Couples management allowed it to post. I would hope the staff would take more action but can also understand their reluctance. I do know that they evicted a couple after the man was running around crazy screaming late at night and had to be restrained by security. Felt pretty bad for his wife/s.o.

We're big CN fans and, noting that we rarely see drunk threatening behavior, asked the GM how often she sees it. She said that it is actually extremely rare. However once a week or so they get a call from a room complaining that the couple in the next room is arguing too loudly. Sad that happens in such a romantic place as Couples, but given 250+ couples every night, I guess the odds are eventually someone doesn't get along.

Anyway, sorry to hear of your experience and that CN didn't do better for you, but enjoy CSS.

Very nice touch indeed! Leaving a good taste in your mouth is always a good thing... lol

John from Jersey, you should have been treated better. Six times to a resort should entitle you to a certain amount of respect. At the very least the manager should have offered to transfer you to Swept Away for the rest of your vacation(if there was vacancy).
    In my experiences with Couples resorts the managers are very accessible.
    You should have demanded an audience with the manager at some time during your stay if you felt that strongly. I'm quite certain your problems would have been handled in a satisfactory manner.

John from Jersey..I can see your issue happening but I can honestly say that I have never experienced anyone out of the way like you encountered.We have seen a drunk or two on all of our visits but they were sorta sleepy and very well laid back.

I find it hard to believe that a world traveler,CN 6 times,like you would let one bad issue keep you from returning to CN..What you have described can happen any where in the world..Bus stop,McDONALDS,ball park,wedding,ski resorts,funerals,etc...I think you are a big person for posting this and I think you will see thru this one time issue..Or I should say that I hope you will reconsider your thoughts.

I truly hope that all of your future travels are problem free.

Keep this hug and I hope one day YOU will give it back to me at CN.
    Last edited by Tommywommy; August 8th, 2010 at 04:24 PM.