Hybrid View

Default When the sun goes down....

Hey everyone

First of all, what an amazing, passionate, helpful, bunch of travellers you are! Thank you to all for sharing all your travel experiences with me...it is so very appreciated! So with that...

I think I have a pretty good handle on what the scene is during the day...beaches, sun, drinks, social interactions...but what I don't know is what goes happens when the sun goes down? Does most activity in the evening take place outside or inside? How often do they have bonfires on the beach? Is there ever a night of dancing on the beach...I would love that!

Cheers
    K
    Kris

Last march we were at Couples Negril Friday night through Monday afternoon. It was suprisingly quiet at night. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't completely quiet but it was nothing like spring break either. None of the pools or jacuzzi's are open after sundown but it is AMAZING to lay in hammock on the beach together after dark. Very Romantic!

Quote Originally Posted by Dconrad View Post
    None of the pools or jacuzzi's are open after sundown
    Actually, the only time the pools & jacuzzis are closed is early in the morning when they are being cleaned. We have been in the pools and jacuzzis several times after the sun has gone down.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I can only comment on the night life at CSA as we have never ventured to any of the other Couples resorts. When the sun goes down...Ultimate Chocolate spreads his magic around in the piano bar, the beach becomes the most romantic place in the world to spend some quiet time, the Palms is alive with nightly entertainment, the Aura Lounge starts rocking. There is always something to do, whether you want quiet time for just the two of you or you want to mingle with others. We usually head over to the Piano Bar to spend time with Ultimate and sing-a-long and then will dance at the Aura Lounge when Ultimate is done for the night. There is a bonfire one night per week on the beach that is very romantic...on both of our visits it was on Wednesdays. They also have movie night on the beach once a week and a huge beach party/dinner once a week (Fridays). If you are asking about CSA, you won't be disappointed. We absolutely love it and are returning for visit number three in a few weeks.

I have to admit, some of it is selfish....answering questions helps relive memories of the best vacation we have ever taken.....at least from my perspective and I think others feel the same. But to answer your question...CN had a beach and bonfire one night, I think. From posts on here, I understand sand fleas were bad at night so we avoided the beach other than that one night. There was a Piano Bar that we enjoyed nearly every night. The beach bar outside Heliconia waa a good place to sit and meet people. Casava Terrace had a band, which we found to be WAY too loud but others seemed to enjoy. We found ourselves out more at Couples than when we go other places and I attribute that somewhat to the fact that all food and drinks are already paid for so you can do what you want and also because we don't have to worry about one of us drinking and driving...just walking back casually to our room.....and it is a BEAUTIFUL walk back through the resort at night. Hope you have a great time.

Everything sounds lovely...just perfect! We have never been to an adults only so we are very excited about the romantic, tropical feel of these resorts. We have been torn as to where to go...feeling the pressue to make a decision as we hope to book by end of the week. Originally we were going to stay at one resort for two weeks...then we thought we'd stay at two different Couples resorts for one week each and spice things up a bit..we definately want to go to Negril but do we do the second week in Ochos Rios or experience all things Couples in Negril? Big Decisions! Regardless of where we go I know we're certain to have a fabulous time...thanks to all for sharing, each time I read about a new couples experience I get a little more excited. It's like internet dating for resorts...ha ha

Cheers!
    Kris

Hey yeah, why not try CSS and CSA, I knew you were having a hard time deciding between CN and CSA, didn't think you wanted to go to the Ocho Rios side but then you could see all four Couples resorts on the trading places plan. You also asked about the falls, well at CSS you can go to Dunns River Falls for free!!!

Hi Karen
    I think if we went to Ochos Rios we'll stay at CTI. We really like the decor...and I like the idea of being able to go horseback riding too! It just looks like an "us" place. And everyone says go to the one that "calls" to you...ha ha. We'd definately go to CTI first...still can't decide between CSA and CN for week 2? Thought I had decided but there is something about CN that I can't seem to let go of...You see, I like beaches, in fact I love beaches, and I know I can't imagine the beauty of Negril beaches but I'm not really an ocean swimmer...I wade around, feed fish, float on rafts but I tend to swim in pools....and I LOVE the CN pool! I think it's amazing the way it looks over the beach. I like the rooms better at CSA and know I would love the rustic feel...so I am very torn. Not that I am whining... trying to decide where to spend my two weeks in Jamaica isn't exactly a problem!

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by KarenON View Post
    Hey yeah, why not try CSS and CSA, I knew you were having a hard time deciding between CN and CSA, didn't think you wanted to go to the Ocho Rios side but then you could see all four Couples resorts on the trading places plan. You also asked about the falls, well at CSS you can go to Dunns River Falls for free!!!
    Kris

Hi Kris, yes, definitely go to whichever resort "calls" to you. I can't wait to see how all this turns out and where you end up!

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Kissed View Post
    Hey everyone

First of all, what an amazing, passionate, helpful, bunch of travellers you are! Thank you to all for sharing all your travel experiences with me...it is so very appreciated! So with that...

I think I have a pretty good handle on what the scene is during the day...beaches, sun, drinks, social interactions...but what I don't know is what goes happens when the sun goes down? Does most activity in the evening take place outside or inside? How often do they have bonfires on the beach? Is there ever a night of dancing on the beach...I would love that!

Cheers
    K
    sun kissed if you go to cn or csa please try to check out some of the local entertainment along long bay or out in the west end
    lots of cool small mom and pop places to hear live music dance and take in a vibe that is a lil more home grown. As nice as the choices are within the walls of couples if you venture out for night you can truly get a good feel for negril

Quote Originally Posted by steverandlinda View Post
    sun kissed if you go to cn or csa please try to check out some of the local entertainment along long bay or out in the west end
    lots of cool small mom and pop places to hear live music dance and take in a vibe that is a lil more home grown. As nice as the choices are within the walls of couples if you venture out for night you can truly get a good feel for negril
    Thanks...sounds intriquing. Any in particular you would recommend. We will be staying in Negril so any suggestions you have would be helpful...
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Kissed View Post
    Thanks...sounds intriquing. Any in particular you would recommend. We will be staying in Negril so any suggestions you have would be helpful...
    you cant go wrong with alfreds which is pretty much in the middle of long bay give of take i would suggest a long bay beach walk...
    if you are more adventurous pee wees after midnight in the west end is all good however it is not a place that will attract " couples patrons" but great local music great locals and a great negril party. All is good however it depends on what floats your boat i would check out negril dot com use the search and i am sure you will get more detail info then you will need
    if you do venture our take a nap eat late and head out after 10 pm
    enjoy

We actually went to the pools at night and brought drinks from the room. The bars there are closed but it's still nice to be out there. This was at csa. The beach had too many fleas, especially in the hammocks, at night. Palms was fun too and you can drink all night there. The aura and piano bar didn't really look much fun to us. Not many people were there when we went.