Default Our first vacation ever! When to come?

My husband and I have decided to use our tax return money to go on vacation this year. Yes this is our first ever. I have been researching resorts to stay at for months now. I have finally settled on Couples Tower Isle. It just seems like prettiest and the best over all deal. I also haven't found one single complaint. My question is this, we want to come in April but are worried about the spring break kids that head to the area around this time. Is this even a real issue? We are really looking to have a relaxing and quiet vacation. Also how is the 2 hour drive from the airport to the resort? My husband is a bit worried about it. Thanks for any information.

Default no problem

that's why we go to couples no spring breakers..........just us older spring breakers,but just couples.....the bus ride is like a tour of the countryside.

My husband and I went to CSS last year in late March, early April, and didn't encounter any spring breakers. I don't think any of the Couples resorts are the type of resort young college age couples would choose. We are going to CTI during the last week of March this year, and can't wait. We loved CSS, and can't wait to experince another Couples resort. The drive to CSS went quickly, and took about 1 1/2 hours. We stopped about half way for a break. Have fun, and enjoy your vacation...after being at Couples, I know you will be like us and want to return every year.

You have chosen well. CTI is our favorite out of the three we've tried. Spring break does not apply to Couples Resorts, after all It's for couples only. If you hit spring break the airports might be busy. As far as the ride from the airport, it's very scenic. You follow the coast a lot of the time and the driver will point out things along the way. They usually stop about half way for a toilet break and there will be a bar and food if you want to grab something. We usually have them go straight to Resort if no one needs to sop, your often given the choice. You will have a fantastic time ay CTI I'm sure. As they say "once you go you'll know"

You will be fine, couples is AI and no spring breaker is going to pay that much for spring break. Not to mention Ocho Rios is not atop the list for spring breakers. Mexico, FL yes but not Jamaica.

Thank you for all of your responses!!!! We are getting so excited!!!

jwugrad2003

We go to Jamaica every April and have never been bothered by the spring breakers.

First of all you won't find the spring breakers spending the $$$ to stay at the finer all inclusive resorts of Jamaica. You might find a few teachers or school staff that are on vacation but the rest just won't be there.

Now on the other hand you might just find a bunch of us April Fools.

Welcome to the family! Be sure to check out the "April Amigos" thread in the Meet Up at Couples Tower Isle forum. We're a little crazy, but we won't scare you... too much...

You will LOVE CTI!!! We go back in 6 days, for the 5th time, and I can tell you, it gets better every time we go!! The staff is amazing and the food is to die for. Welcome to the Couples family!!!
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by jwugrad2003 View Post
    My husband and I have decided to use our tax return money to go on vacation this year. Yes this is our first ever. I have been researching resorts to stay at for months now. I have finally settled on Couples Tower Isle. It just seems like prettiest and the best over all deal. I also haven't found one single complaint. My question is this, we want to come in April but are worried about the spring break kids that head to the area around this time. Is this even a real issue? We are really looking to have a relaxing and quiet vacation. Also how is the 2 hour drive from the airport to the resort? My husband is a bit worried about it. Thanks for any information.
    Interesting subject for me, being that our only previous AI experience was many years ago at a resort in Cancun (been so long I can't even recall the name of the resort where we stayed). But the interesting part is it just so happens our trip took place during the height of Spring Break, altho we had no idea at the time we booked that we were heading right smack dab in the middle of one of THE Spring Break meccas. To our good fortune, it wasn't a factor at the resort itself. As others have mentioned, AI resorts, especially those of the adult, couples-only variety are not on the radar for college/high school kids with respect to accomodations. But we definitely felt their influence whenever we ventured outside the resort. Every bar and nightclub was packed to the gills with them. It was hilarious to say the least.

Moral of the story: don't let the calendar change your plans if it turns out that your best time to travel will be during the infamous Spring Break period. This will have zero impact on your stay at Couples.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Couples Negril was our first Caribbean vaca and we got hooked! Took us5 years to have the courage to make a change and when we did we stuck with Couples and went to CSS. You will not be disappointed... Couples is AWESOME and I am sure if CTI is calling you then you will have a fantastic time and return year after year.Enjoy yourselves and be sure to check out TI early in your vacation.
    ... it keepsh me shane

As often as you like.

We went to CSA in April. I think that is the best time. It is cheaper than the winter and the weather is awesome!. It was really warm but not so hot that I thought I was going to die. There isn't too much rain either. There was one group with "kids" the whole time we were there. It was a family of 4 with a teenage boy and girl. They were probably 18ish. If I hadn't talked to them I would probably not have known. The atmosphere is totally not spring break-y at all.

Book your trip for the very first day you can get on a plane. Get on the plane as early as you can so you will get to the resort while the sun is still up. Run, don't walk! GO NOW!