Default CSS restaurant questions

Hi,

We are Newbies, going to CSS 1st time from Feb 27 to March 6, to both celebrate our 50th Birthdays.

A few questions about restaurants:

1) for the restaurants that require reservations, is it easy to make the reservations once there or is it better/possible/advisable to make them in advance of the trip? If so, who is the e-mail contact to make the reservations?

2) Is there a limitation (ie. only once per week for any of the "reservation only" restaurants?

3) We have heard a private dinner for two can be arranged on the beach, for a fee? Have you tried it? Is it worth it? What is the cost? Is it better arranged way in advance before the trip or can itbe arranged last minute from there?

Thank you.

QC3

You can book the restaurants when you arrive..just go to the desk at the lobby and they will set everything up for you. You can also go to the restaurants as often as you wish. It is more difficult to get outdoor seating at Casanova, so be sure to book that right away. My husband and I did the private beach dinner last year. It was incredible..the food, the service, and the setting were beyond belief. It was an awesome way to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. It is something I will never forget. Right after we got home from vacation, I was diagnosed with breast cancer, and went through some very scary times. During the whole time, I often thought about our beach dinner, and it helped me so much! I REALLY recommend the private dinner!

Private dinner is $150 and can be arranged there. I haven't done it, but I have seen them set up a few. The gazebo in the cliffs is a lovely location for it at CSS.

The reservation restaurants are easy to get into. We have never had a problem getting the day or time we wanted. No limit that I am aware of, and reservations are made after you arrive at Couples.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

We will be back at CSS March 18th for our sixth time in three years.
    You can book the restaurants when you get there in the lobby. We have done a private dinner everytime, it is so romantic and the food is awesome. Also try a massage on the beach on the SBB side it is incredible. Have fun and enjoy paradise.

We got back from CSS a few weeks ago and the 2 restaurants you need reservations for are very "workable" meaning if you don;t have 1 they usually can seat you anyway. I was not too educated about the reservation thing and we ended up only making 2 - we still got to eat every evening though. LOL
    ... it keepsh me shane

Reservations are made easily, ONCE YOU ARE A REGISTERED GUEST WITH A ROOM NUMBER. We have never had any problems getting a Dinner REz- just be flexible with your times...

Last month I saw a woman run from the bus straight to the Concierge ( while her husband dealt with the luggage ) and she INSISTED on making her dinner reservations for the whole week right then and there...and she was a Repeater - which she made sure he knew about....

Of course, the Concierge was kind and patient and explained he would need a room number...she INSISTED they be made under her last name which she painfully spelled out for him- letter by letter
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by WandA View Post
    Reservations are made easily, ONCE YOU ARE A REGISTERED GUEST WITH A ROOM NUMBER. We have never had any problems getting a Dinner REz- just be flexible with your times...

Last month I saw a woman run from the bus straight to the Concierge ( while her husband dealt with the luggage ) and she INSISTED on making her dinner reservations for the whole week right then and there...and she was a Repeater - which she made sure he knew about....

Of course, the Concierge was kind and patient and explained he would need a room number...she INSISTED they be made under her last name which she painfully spelled out for him- letter by letter
    LOL
    That is hystercial!! LMAO!!!!!!
    Kristen

Thank you all for the quick replies.Sounds like much classier than other resorts where people scramble to do their reservations via e-mail BEFORE they arrive, so there is nothing left for those who wait until they arrive.

Lightning1, hope you are now doing better!

Were you bothered by the bugs when you did the private dinner on the beach?

Calgontakemeaway, we did not know you can also do the private dinner in the gazebo in the cliffs...you would recommend this better than the beach?

Joe&Missy, we will certainly try the beach massage on SSB...hopefully the wife and I can do it as a couple right next to each other...

Quote Originally Posted by WandA View Post

LOL
    Note to self: Don't send Rosa to the Concierge insisting on dinner reservations while I'm fumbling with the luggage until we have a room number (then send her).

Nyuck Nyuck.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.