Default CSA 12-28-09 on the beach

Our amazing wedding took place at 4pm. I had read so many reviews saying to do the wedding in the am. I am so glad that I did not listen to them. We chose 4pm because we would have the bright Jamaican sunlight during the wedding and then be able to take pics at sunset. Yes, the water looks amazing in the light of the sunrise but their is really no difference in the apperance of the water at 10am or at 4pm. Also, by the time you are done with the ceremony, first dance, cake the sun is beginning to set and you get amazing sunset pics without the price of a sunset wedding! And trust me the water looks amazing!!

I had my hair done by the salon. I had no idea what I wanted exactly but she made it look perfect! I did my own makeup as I do not wear any normally and I only wanted it so that I did not look shiny and sweaty. I agree with a thread I had read previously only wear as much makeup as you normally would. I have no regrets!

We started out our morning by my husband bringing me breafast in bed. We spent the morning together. He walked me to have my hair done and then left the room so that I could get dressed when I was done. Tamika met me at our room and took some pictures of me (on her own) and latched the top hook of my dress. She walked me to a place where my husband could not see me and took our ipod to get the music going. (they do not use cds anymore due to technical difficulties- if you do not have your own bring a cd and they put it onto their own ipod).

We chose to use the resort photographer/videographer. They were wonderful. When you chose to have the videographer they station 4 security guards on the perimeter so that no one would interrupt the ceremony. The last thing you want is one of the guys that walks aroung the beach yelling "cigs" interrupting your wedding vows!

The wedding went perfectly. I didnt see anyone but my husband the whole time. The music went perfectly, the reverand was great! You have to do the traditional vows but then they give you the chance to say your own. Neither of us could get one another's rings on due to the heat but it was really cute in the video. We did our first dance on the beach and it was perfect. They then take you to where the wedding gazebo is to cut your cake. Jamaican rum cake with vanilla bottom layer was soooo good. They then take it to Feathers for you after your dinner. (they make you reservations at Feathers after your wedding unless you have planned something else with them).

The photographer spent like an hour with us after that taking us through the grounds and to the beach. A friend we met there followed and took the same shots so we got extra photos.

We then wandered the beach just us for awhile before our dinner at Feathers. The staff is so wonderful everyday but on your wedding day they are even more wonderful somehow. They just seem so happy for you. Even the woman who cleaned our room Alyson remembered!

The next few days the staff sees you and congratulates you, we have no idea how they remember. You pick your photos the next day and they have the DVD and your album ready the day before you go home. It was so perfect, so easy and so romantic. We chose to do this just us and I am so happy we did. We did not miss anything by not having the big wedding. It was meant to be all about us and it was.

Our wedding website is http://www.mywedding.com/jessicaands...ver/index.html

We have put a bunch of photos up, feel free to take a look.

Jessica,
    Your pictures are beautiful. I love your flowers. Were they an upgrade? Do you know what type of flower they are called so I can ask for some of them in my bouquet? I also sent you a message on another thread about the cake. Was the 2 flavor cake an upgrade? I would like to have top layer vanilla and bottom layer chocolate. I wish I was brave enough to get the Jamaican fruit cake. Did the states wedding coordinator arrange the free slice for you to try or do they just normally have the samples available when you meet the island wedding coordinator? We are getting married at CSS May 5th.
    Thanks
    Luanne

I actually made my own bouquet using silk flowers. I bought them at Micheals. They were cala lilies and orchids. They did have orchids as they matched one for my husband. I then brought extras for my cake. The two different cake layers was complimentary and suggested by the wedding coordinator in Jamaica. I arranged it with the states coordinator to have the sample there for me. I was nervous about the rum cake but I am really happy we were able to try it and then choose it.

Good luck on your wedding at CSS! let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for the information. I will definitely request the sample of the cake prior to making my decision.

Have a great week.
    Luanne

Your pictures are beautiful!!!If I knew my pictures at CSS would be half as beautiful as yours I would not be so worried!!!!!!!

your pictures will be beautiful. No worries. It is Jamaica they couldnt possibly not be beautiful.

Your pictures turned out wonderful! We are having a sunset wedding at CSA on 7-1-10 and I have seen so few pictures with a sunset...thank you for sharing them! I don't regret my decision now!

Also, I like your bouquet--I am thinking about doing a silk corsage...never really wanted to carry a bouquet but the resort will have to charge me to make me a corsage instead of a bouquet. So I'm thinking about using silk so I can wear it at our reception when we return too.

Thanks again for sharing and Congrats!!!

Your pics are very beautiful and the sunset looks amazing but I'd have to be honest and say that I can tell a difference in the pics compared from the am and pm. Both are beatiful but for any future brides who might be reading this, I'd have to say that the colors in the am pics are much brighter and more vivid and the water is more noticably blue and clear in the morning pics. Yours are still very beautiful but makes me glad I changed my wedding time from 4pm to 10am. It's all a matter of preference though, everyone has their own opinion. You look beautiful though, Congratulations on your big day!

Quote Originally Posted by brittanystar View Post
    Your pics are very beautiful and the sunset looks amazing but I'd have to be honest and say that I can tell a difference in the pics compared from the am and pm. Both are beatiful but for any future brides who might be reading this, I'd have to say that the colors in the am pics are much brighter and more vivid and the water is more noticably blue and clear in the morning pics. Yours are still very beautiful but makes me glad I changed my wedding time from 4pm to 10am. It's all a matter of preference though, everyone has their own opinion. You look beautiful though, Congratulations on your big day!
    I have to second what brittanystar said. The colors at 10am are more vivid and bright. Especially the color of the water. That's why I choose the 10am wedding as well. However, your sunset pictures are amazing also. I also like your dress and wedding cake.

Travelbug,

If you would like to see more pics from a 10am wedding, or if anyone would for that matter, email me at brittanym1104@yahoo.com. We were going to get married at 4pm but after reading reviews and looking through pics, we decided on the 10am ceremony with absolutely no regrets. We were married in November at CN on the beach and our pics turned out beautiful! I'd be happy to share with anyone, just email me

Quote Originally Posted by brittanystar View Post
    Travelbug,

If you would like to see more pics from a 10am wedding, or if anyone would for that matter, email me at brittanym1104@yahoo.com. We were going to get married at 4pm but after reading reviews and looking through pics, we decided on the 10am ceremony with absolutely no regrets. We were married in November at CN on the beach and our pics turned out beautiful! I'd be happy to share with anyone, just email me

I'm emailing you now

Absolutely lovely pictures.

can you post your video to watch, I have yet to see what the resort video is like and am very interested

I am also interested in seeing the resorts video. My wedding is in August and I am apprehensive about purchasing the video if it isn't worth it.

i do not know how to post the video, but i think if you look on youtube people have posted theirs. I definetly think it was worth it. I love watching it and I think the quality was really amazing especially for the price. Also keep in mind they place guards around you during the wedding when you get the dvd and they do not without. Which means no vendors walking by and yelling during your ceremony, they stop guests from walking by. In my opinion that was worth the cost alone.

They will block off the beach even if you do not pay for the video. Couples would not want your wedding interrupted or your pictures ruined. Don't worry!!

I am getting married Oct 25. I initially had wedding set for 4 pm, but then changed it to 11 am due to bluer waters, ect. But after seeing your pics, I want to change it back...they are absolutely gorgeous!

Default R weddng was @4pm also

We were married on 2/27/09 @CSA @4pm. It was the perfect time for us as well. The pics were done around 6pm. We went to the Martini Bar to have that 1st celebratory cocktail and everyone who was there was more than happy to be our reception party! Anytime of day is awesome for your wedding, just enjoy.

Hi,
    Thanks for sharing so much info about your wedding. We're getting married at CSA early September in the 4pm slot.
    The photos are lovely. I'd heard mixed things about the photos and the videos done by the resort, so it's nice to see some of the photos. Were you happy with the video too. We're going just the two of us, so I really want to have a nice video to show family and friends.