Default HELP CTI Beach & Other Questions

Hello All,

This year my Husband & I are considering travelling with my college age son and his girl friend during their reading week (its what we call spring break in Cananda). They are not looking for a party scene, just a nice beach, nice evenings and relaxation. Initially, we didnt think we could afford a Couples vacation because they are on a tighter budget than us. Also we have been to CSA & CSS and thought it might be nice to see another island, or return to Mexico.

After checking out other options...... well you can understand, I keep coming back to the Couples web site. If I top up their (my son and his GF's) budget a bit we might be able to afford CTI, it seems more reasonablly priced than the other resorts. Also, my son's GF's family is from Jamaica. She has never been and I know it would be really special for her to see Jamaica.

So wondering if posters could help with a few qustions:

Is the beach at CTI similar to CSS? As compared to Negril beaches, is it smaller but private? Does the beach get crowded? Is the water still nice and warm and clear?

Is the draw of CTI primarily TI? Travellig with my son and his GF we may be too shy to visit the island together. I am thinking we might go on off days (them one day, us the next). But there is a chance that we might not visit the island.

Rooms - they seem smaller (we had attrium at CSA and 1 BD Balcony at CSS), but are the balcaonies and rooms still nice to enjoy, we especially like to enjoy breakfast on our deck or balcony.

Any input would be appreciated.

Have a great day!

CTI beach doesn't get crowded so that's never a problem. Yes, water is clear and warm. Had garden view room and room was very nice. No complaints and balcony view was nice. Suggest getting a room on top (3rd) floor if possible. I would definitely suggest CTI. Food, accommodations, staff, etc. are all excellent. Enjoy your trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Calm View Post
    So wondering if posters could help with a few qustions:

Is the beach at CTI similar to CSS? Yes, it's very similar.As compared to Negril beaches, is it smaller but private? Yes, the CTI beach is much smaller, but it's completely private. There aren't any other hotels or public beach access.Does the beach get crowded? Never. I've posted a pic from the middle of the afternoon. Is the water still nice and warm and clear? Absolutely! I've posted a pic of that too

Is the draw of CTI primarily TI? Nope! CTI is our favorite Couples, and except for the years' when we visited CSS, CN and CSA, we always go to CTI in April. And we are not island regulars. Travellig with my son and his GF we may be too shy to visit the island together. I am thinking we might go on off days (them one day, us the next). It's a good idea to rotate schedules! But there is a chance that we might not visit the island. If you don't go, you won't be missing out.

Rooms - they seem smaller (we had attrium at CSA and 1 BD Balcony at CSS),They are smaller when compared to CSS, since all CSS rooms are suites with a separate living area. But there is still plenty of space in the CTI room. Plus they are all brand new! but are the balcaonies and rooms still nice to enjoy, we especially like to enjoy breakfast on our deck or balcony. Definitely! This is my favorite part of the room - breakfast and coffee on the balcony. I've posted a pic too.

Any input would be appreciated.

Have a great day!

I hope this helps! I'd be happy to send more pics (amy.welch@hotmail.com) if you'd like.

Have a great trip!
    Last edited by Amy; March 4th, 2010 at 08:09 AM.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Thanks SO much that is very helpful!