Default Swim-up and/or Beach Bars

OK, so I'm an ultra-rookie who is not only taking his first trip to a Couples resort in April, but it will also be my first time to Jamaica. My wife (Sun Kissed) and I are going for two weeks and are splitting the trip between two resorts (although we have yet to decide which two!)

We like to crash on the beach in the afternoon, but after baking for a few hours, it can be nice to check out the local swim-up and/or beach bar, just for a change of scene. We would like to hear from all of you Couples veterans regarding the various swim-up and beach bars at the four resorts. Do either of the resorts stand-out for having an exceptional beach and/or swim-up bar? Thanks for your help and we'll see you in April!

Sunset beach at CSS - it is AN I must warn you. It was a blast and everyone there seemed to be having a fun time. The beach is fantastic and the pool was fantastic and the swim up bar was fantastic. I suggest you do the split between CTI and CSS.
    ... it keepsh me shane

CTI has a new swim up bar that seemed to be pretty popular but we spent most of our time at the swim up bar on the island (a.n.). The swim up bar on the mainland is steps from the beach.
    Vicky

CSA has two beach bars and a swim-up bar. The beach bars are great for watching the beach activities and to check out the sunsets. The swim-up bar is normally rockin' and is a fun and social place. CSA ROCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by SunKisser View Post
    OK, so I'm an ultra-rookie who is not only taking his first trip to a Couples resort in April, but it will also be my first time to Jamaica. My wife (Sun Kissed) and I are going for two weeks and are splitting the trip between two resorts (although we have yet to decide which two!)

We like to crash on the beach in the afternoon, but after baking for a few hours, it can be nice to check out the local swim-up and/or beach bar, just for a change of scene. We would like to hear from all of you Couples veterans regarding the various swim-up and beach bars at the four resorts. Do either of the resorts stand-out for having an exceptional beach and/or swim-up bar? Thanks for your help and we'll see you in April!
    ....I think you will enjoy CN's;

n127_1291.jpg (66.1 KB)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

CN has the best pool and swim-up bar.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

I, um, avoid the swim up bars like the plague based on the number of hours you will observe some standing there drinking....and never getting out......

The swim up bar at csa is great. Right on the beach and next to the cabana grill. Closes too early in my opinion though.

The beach bars at CSA are fabulous - you can stick your toes in the sand while enjoying a beverage. The beach bar at CSS is not in the sand, but is right next to it.

The swimup bar at CSA is a lot of fun. There are two huge jacuzzis connected to it, together with a smallish pool. The swimup pool bar at CSS is much bigger.

The beach at CSA is handsdown, one of the nicest anywhere, with fabulous sunset views.

Your beach activity sounds a lot like ours. We love to be at the beach during the day and then hit the pool bar later in the afternoon. Choose CN.

At CSA with the way the resort is laid out there is a bar in The Palms near the original pool, so have a drink there and head down the beach a little further for your second CSA beach drink. The veggie Bar has nice drink selections not far from The Palms. Then a short stroll to walk off those two drinks then stop at the mid point beach bar for some mean rum cocktails. If you manage to stumble away from there just take a seat in a beach chair, put up a flag and let the bar come to you. It might take you all day to make it down to the swim up bar and then you can just float your cares away. Alot of times someone sitting at the swim up bar will just had your drink back across the waterfall. Plenty of drink options, lots of locations and some amazing sights along the way. Enjoy!

Default CSA Forever

Hey Sunkisser,

boy oh boy are you guys in for a treat, not only for couples but just Jamaica itself.

My husband and I are going back to CSA in 4 weeks, third year in a row, and we are getting overly excited. And let me tell you we wouldn't go to another resort, this also due to talking to numerous people who have been at all of them. But as they say why fix it when it's not broke, hahahaha

What I love is the fact that you do your own thing all day, me and my husband get up early have their amazing breakfast and then go bake in the sun for most of the day. But once from sort of 2pm and onwards it seems to be an unspoken rule that everyone meets up at the swim up bar until they close, everybody just chatting, having alot of cocktails and genuinly enjoying themselves. But it's the staff at the swim up bar that usually makes it incredibly fun, so cocktails/red stripe combined with onion rings from the cabana grill just heaven.

On another note you stated that you are still deciding on which 2resorts to pick! I tell you, you MUST pick CSA as one of them, best beach, best food, best alot of things according to lots of people who have tried them all

Just wanted to say "Thank You" to everyone who replied to this thread (and many of the other threads that I have been following). With all of your help, my wife (Sun Kissed) and I have decided to spend one week at CN and one week at CSA. We booked it yesterday!!!! In the end we did what a lot of you suggested and went with the resorts that just seemed to be "calling" to us. Can't wait for April 7th to come.

And a special shout-out to "Rrrrrr". Your post was too funny and I can't wait to try the little bar-crawl that you suggested!

Thanks again and I hope to see some of you there in April

SunKisser.

Well you've heard of the Duvall Crawl in Key West, this is just like it except Jamaican style.

Have a blast!

Thru the years,it's been confirmed that CN's swim up bar and pool is "probably" the best one in Jamaica to relax,have a drink,meet strangers and turn them into life long hugging friends.

Crashing on CN's beach can not be beat..So much depth with so many seagrape and palm trees to sooths the burns..Just park yourself under one of the shade trees,use your red flag to order a drink and then kick back,watch the sea and enjoy CN to the fulliest...Now this is indeed Jamaica at it's finest.

Oh CN..What joy you bring to so many.
    Last edited by Tommywommy; August 8th, 2010 at 05:24 PM.

SunKisser! GREAT Decision!! You are in for the Vacation of a LifeTime!! ENJOY!!!
    Art xo Francine

Default Dick andDawn

We know why Tommywommy loves the swim-up bar at CN.[IMG]couplesnegril_24(1)[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images