Default New to Couples - Need help deciding on a resort

Hello. I am getting married in October and was starting the honeymoon search and was so overwhelmed with where to look. We have narrowed it down to Couples because I have heard nothing but great reviews! We are a young couple, 25 and 26 when we get married in October.

I am leaning towards Tower Isle because of the new renovation, but am looking for a place that has more private rooms (more spread out, more buildings, less noise for other guests at night). I don't think we are too picky about anything else, we just feel so lucky that we are getting the chance to go away together!

I figure we would enjoy any resort we go to, but we definitely are not into the nude beaches, so is there a resort where the regular beach is kept pretty far away from the nude beach?

Any help would be great. We are super looking forward to the trip, but just can't make the final decision as to where!

Highly suggest CTI. Food, accommodations, staff, etc are all excellent. Plus lots of nearby activities (Dunn's River Falls, horseback riding, Dolphin Cove, etc). And since you don't like nude sunbathing (like me), CTI is great because they only allow it on Tower Isle, the resort's private island. So, just simply don't go to the island and you'll be good to go.

CSA would fit the bill and the beach is spectacular. The resort has the most food and bar choices out of all the Couples resorts and it is spread out. Taking a stroll across the grounds at night is so romantic because of the lighting they use. I think you will love CSA. We did and are going back for a second time this year. Good luck deciding.

CSA is spread out, quite at night and has no nude beach. It sounds like the perfect fit for you. I suggest an Atrium Suite for you because they are very private with only four rooms per building. They are the only suites to have the double hammocks you will see in resort photos and their verandahs are huge.

Another vote for CSA. Lets face it, it is your honeymoon and you do not need all the added activities offered at CTI on this trip ! The beach is fantastic! I also vote for the atrium suites! Very romantic ! ENJOY!

I have not yet been to Couples yet! Planning to go in April. I had such a hard time deciding which resort to go to. Youtube.com has some great videos and helped me choose CSA. When you get to the site, type in the full name of the hotel (not abbreviations) and watch people's 'home videos' of the beach, rooms, etc! It is great! Good luck!

Either CSS or CSA would fit the bill. CTI is more of a "high rise" resort so everything is more centralized. We haven't been to CSA, but will correct for that error in April, and would trust the advice of those who have. CSS is spread out and has a lush, tropical paradise feel to it with places to get away and feel that you're the only couple on the resort. It has a nude beach but it is secluded and seperate from the main beach. Either way...you can't go wrong at a Couples resort.

Bart & Bug

Default private

I am thinking that you need CSA! It is way spread out without a hotel feel. We have been to CTI, CN, and CSA and will go back to the new and improved CSA in 2011, so hard to wait!
    Love the rooms with shuddered windows!!!! so romantic and tropical feeling!!!

Hey eyhepner! My husband and I (26 year olds as well) will be traveling to CTI in October (16th-22nd) for our honeymoon/first anniversary trip. We thoroughly researched all of the Couples resorts, via the website, this MB, TripAdvisor, etc... In the very beginning, CTI spoke to us, and we just couldn't shake it. As I actually have not been to any of the Couples locations, I can't promote any one of them more than the others, but I would just suggest to "follow your hearts". Based on all of the info we've come across, you really can't go wrong with any of the resorts. Good luck with the booking, and let us know which resort you choose!

Quote Originally Posted by eyhepner View Post
    Hello. I am getting married in October and was starting the honeymoon search and was so overwhelmed with where to look. We have narrowed it down to Couples because I have heard nothing but great reviews! We are a young couple, 25 and 26 when we get married in October.

I am leaning towards Tower Isle because of the new renovation, but am looking for a place that has more private rooms (more spread out, more buildings, less noise for other guests at night). I don't think we are too picky about anything else, we just feel so lucky that we are getting the chance to go away together!

I figure we would enjoy any resort we go to, but we definitely are not into the nude beaches, so is there a resort where the regular beach is kept pretty far away from the nude beach?
    Any help would be great. We are super looking forward to the trip, but just can't make the final decision as to where!
    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJen View Post
    CSA is spread out, quite at night and has no nude beach. It sounds like the perfect fit for you....
    Couldn't agree more. When I was reading the OP's initial post, I barely got halfway thru it when I already figured that CSA was the resort calling out to them, but perhaps they were not yet aware of it. We're booked at CTI and CN this Spring, and we chose those based on certain criteria. But if that was me who typed out those words as to what we were looking for in a resort, it would have led us to CSA, no questions asked.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Having stayed at 3 of the 4 resorts of Couples and having walked the 4th resort several times,I would highly recommend CSS for a wedding or honeymoon..CSS is by far the most romantic and beautiful of all the Couples Resorts..CSS just oozes romance.

CSS gets my vote hands down.
    Last edited by Tommywommy; August 8th, 2010 at 04:25 PM.

"am leaning towards Tower Isle because of the new renovation, but am looking for a place that has more private rooms (more spread out, more buildings, less noise for other guests at night)."

If this is what you want, CSA is your resort! Not to mention Ocho's beach doesn't hold a candle to Negrils. CSA is the ONLY resort that has villa like rooms that are spread out and not like a hotel. Definitly go with CSA!

CSA All The Way!

I was reading this with interest because we've been to CSA twice in 07 and 08. We missed last year and I thought we would have to miss this year, too. Surprisingly, some time and money freed up and DH and I are planning another "just us" vacation. I was toying with going to CSS to try something new, but reading this confirms that CSA is my resort as my priorities are very much like the OP's. I love the spread out feel of the property and the atmosphere that lets you party with new friends or just focus on the other half of your couple without pressure. I have been to a lot of Caribbean beaches, but none can compare with 7 Mile. The food is outstanding. CSA, I guess I'll be back this summer.