Hybrid View

Default Honeymoon August 2010

Looking for a place to go on our honeymoon in August of this year and was wondering which couples resort that would have the best to offer for our honeymoon?

There is no "best" resort for any particular purpose. Each resort is a unique property, each offers a similar service but in a different atmosphere, and each resort has its loyal fans. While there are some who opine that CSS is the "best" resort for honeymooners and find it to be the most romantic setting, if your idea of romance includes long walks on the beach, then CSS might not be right for you.

There is a lot of information on this web site that can better acquaint you with what each resort offers. Review the accommodation and dining options for each resort, take the photo tours, check out the panoramic views to get an idea of each resort's layout, and look at photos posted by guests on the photos mega thread on the MB. There will be something about one of the resorts that you find particularly compelling; that is the resort that you should select

If you're still undecided, at least you'll have a lot more information that will enable you to ask more specific questions on the MB that are designed to elicit the details necessary to enable you to make a decision.

If you can't make a decision, ask your future spouse to look over the information on the web site, and choose the resort that your partner finds most appealing. You'll have a great time no matter which of the four you select.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I totally agree with the above...

But I would like to tell you that my wife and I were married this past August and we went to Swept Away. The reason we chose it is because I really wanted to have the west coast sunsets each night--and they were totally amazing. We chose CSA over CN because CSA was more spread out and we did not want to feel like we were stuck in one place for 7 days. Now we did not go to CN at all, so I do not know if that would have been the case or not. CSA overall was just so amazing and we could not have picked a better place to spend out honeymoon.

Good luck dodging the hurricanes (we were lucky) and be prepared to sweat. It gets pretty hot down there in August. The rooms were great and we were always cool at night. The food is AMAZING! The staff is absolutely wonderful. You will have an incredible time!!!

Enjoy!

Any of them will be the best for your honeymoon! We honeymooned in August 2002 at CTI. We fell in love with Couples and have returned every year since. We've even been fortunate enough to stay at all of the Couples resorts. We're headed back to CTI this April, but have already booked a CTI/CSA split for April 2011.

Here are some quick differences between the 4:
    CTI - Completely private beach, yet small; separate island for nude sunbathing, 5 restaurants including Bayside that sits on the water; the most inclusions (Dunn's River, catamaran cruise, horseback riding in addition to the others). Only 5 buildings with rooms so the resort is very compact and intimate (though 3 of them are connected). Everything revolves around a central location. Just underwent a $30 million renovation - new rooms, new decor, new pools, etc. Fantastic food.

CSS - the newest to the Couples resort, but not the newest built. It used to be a Grand Lido then Couples bought it. Also have a completely private beach. Separate beach for nude sunbathing. Resort is spread out and built on cliffs. It's split into 3 different levels, lots of steps throughout. Lots of foliage and hidden spots. Does not offer a catamaran cruise. 3 restaurants but full menu room service. All rooms are suites with mini bars. Rooms are more hotel like as far as the decor.

CN - Sits in Bloody Bay which it shares with 3 other resorts and public beach access. Separate section of main beach used for nude sunbathing. Individual buildings throughout the resort for the rooms. All on beach level. Somewhat spread out. Huge main pool with swim-up bar. Rooms decorated in bright colors. Room service only in select room categories and it must be ordered a day in advance. All rooms have mini bars.

CSA - Sits on 7 mile beach. Separate buildings for rooms that are cabana like, dark wood and white linens. Resort is spread out along the beach but all on beach level. Only resort with rooms right on the beach where you can walk off your first floor patio into sand. Fantastic food. Night Club. Some rooms do not have televisions or mini bars. 5 restaurants. No nude sunbathing option. Huge sports complex across the street.

Check out the pictures for each resort on the website, read over the included excursions and room descriptions. Then go with your gut. The right Couples resort will choose you. If you'd like to see additional pictures or resort maps, I'd be happy to share them (amy.welch@hotmail.com).

Good luck choosing!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Nope...To "me" CSS is the wedding and honeymooning resort of the growing empire of the Couples Resorts...CSS is so romantic and beautiful.

So I recommend CSS...Couples Sans Souci hands down.

GO.RELAX.ENJOY CSS and have a Salty dog for me..Ruff Ruff
    Last edited by Tommywommy; March 13th, 2010 at 06:13 PM.

We booked CSA after much debate. August 9th - 15th, we can't wait. Let us know if anyone else is going to be there.