Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Default Weather in November

    Hi all,
    I am planning a vacation for 2010 and wanted some advice about Jamaica. This past year my husband and I went on our honeymoon to the Big Island of Hawaii during that second week of November. If you can believe it, we had pretty crummy weather. Cloudy and rainy most of the time. I guess it was a fluke.

    With that in mind, we'd really like to avoid having horrible weather again for our 1 year anniversary. I know November is still part of hurricane season...so perhaps we just need to plan our trip during another time? What about early December? Is that any better?

    I'd like to know your opinion's or experiences with weather in Negril during November - and what other time you would recommend. I think if I was going to book something it would be at CSA. FYI - we are too busy from Jan - April, so those months are out.

    Thanks for any feedback!!!

  2. #2

    Default

    We've gone to CSA 11/7-11/14/2008 and 11/6-11/13/2009. In 2008 it was extremely windy the first full day we were there which completely destroyed the beach. The rest of the week was sunny and hot and perfect. We were able to get on the beach our second full day and stayed there the full week. In 2009 we had one full day of sun. One. We had a couple other mornings with afternoon washouts and a couple of full day washouts. To say that it doesn't affect your trip is wrong as we came home much less relaxed this year than we did last. We fully recognize that there is nothing Couples can do about it but I certainly understand your desire to avoid the crummy weather. So, my answer is who knows. You could get the fantastic weather we had our first trip or the crummy weather we had our second trip.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    763

    Default

    We went the last week of November last year and the weather was perfect. about 85-90 during the days and cools off to about 75 at night. A short rain just about every afternoon gives time for a nice nap....and... But the weather at that time of year is great in Jamaica!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoGal2010 View Post
    Hi all,

    I'd like to know your opinion's or experiences with weather in Negril during November - and what other time you would recommend. I think if I was going to book something it would be at CSA. FYI - we are too busy from Jan - April, so those months are out.

    Thanks for any feedback!!!
    ....We were just there Thanksgiving Week for my daughter's wedding at CN, see my "report" at the linc below. Temps were in the 80s, with clear to partly cloudy skies all week. PERFECT!!

    http://www.couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=3969

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    I would not go in November. We spent a Thanksgiving there and the water was too rough and the air was a little too cool for me. I want to spend all my time in the water. I want it hot, hot, hot. So we now go in July and we love it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimnmariann View Post
    I would not go in November. We spent a Thanksgiving there and the water was too rough and the air was a little too cool for me. I want to spend all my time in the water. I want it hot, hot, hot. So we now go in July and we love it.
    ...Interesting. We went to CN this past Thanksgiving and the temps were in the mid to upper 80s. And the water was more like a lake.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    acranger- You know that is what happens with the weather in Jamaica. You never know what you will get. We also spent an October week there and it rained buckets the entire time we were there. A front had stalled out on the ocean. You take your chances. We have had three good trips in the summer so I guess we will stick with that. I am a teacher and have a Fall Break but still afraid to try it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimnmariann View Post
    acranger- You know that is what happens with the weather in Jamaica. You never know what you will get. We also spent an October week there and it rained buckets the entire time we were there. A front had stalled out on the ocean. You take your chances. We have had three good trips in the summer so I guess we will stick with that. I am a teacher and have a Fall Break but still afraid to try it.
    ...I had checked weather by months, and it showed "Rainy Season" was ending in November. Since we were paying extra for my daughter's "Sunset Wedding", weather was a gamble. But you throw the dice, and hope for the best. As it turned out, things did. A storm did come through late Friday night. But cleared to "Partly Cloudy" by wedding time. Perfect for pics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •