Default Montego Bay these days?

For those of you who have recently departed from Montego Bay..How has it been of late?

I know the past couple of years they have done some excellent upgrades to the terminal when leaving etc..

Just curious...is the 2-hour arrival prior to departure still enough time?

Thanks

I believe you were there last March. If so, there have only been minor changes to the arrival area of MBJ (from baggage claim to customs).
    I can't think of any changes in the departure area or anything that would cause adjusting your time for arriving prior to scheduled flight departure.
    Last edited by rudi; February 5th, 2010 at 12:03 PM.

We just returned from CSA on Wed. evening. We arrived at the actual check-in counter for USAirways exactly 2 hours prior to our flight (we took Tim Air to MoBay). This was plenty of time to check in and get through security (where there was almost no line for security or customs). Of course, this was a Wednesday afternoon, probably not the busiest travel day of the week.

Because of the recent scare on the Detroit flight, there was increased security at the boarding area for our flight home. Almost every single carry-on bag was inspected at the gate prior to boarding, and we were all patted down in the jetway. This took some additional time, but we still departed on-time.

None of the physical changes at the MoBay airport will cause any issues with arrival or departure. However, I remember last May's getaway from there to be chaotic and miserable. The changes to security that resulted from the unfortunate incident in late April (when the disturbed young man ran through the terminal with a loaded weapon and tried to hijack an Air Canada jet to Cuba) resulted in absolute chaos. I hope that's been fine tuned by now.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Two years ago, we flew U.S. Air and when we got to the airport, we had to stand in line for an hour before we were able to check in, it was crazy. Then the line for security was crazy as was immigrations. Sometimes some of this has to do with people not being prepared. Exiting was smoother this past year. Both times we flew out on Friday and in July.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by kkinmass View Post
    For those of you who have recently departed from Montego Bay..How has it been of late?

I know the past couple of years they have done some excellent upgrades to the terminal when leaving etc..

Just curious...is the 2-hour arrival prior to departure still enough time?

Thanks
    ....Had no problems with the airport itself. Though we got to the airport by 8:30 am, only to find that Delta's desks do not open until 10:00 am. But once through customs, the "Duty Free area etc is very nice. Plenty of bargains.