Default How is the travel coming back to the US now??

My wife and I will be coming home Feb 20 - 27 to CN but curious about the travel back after the Detroit ordeal. We will be coming back thru Dallas. Just wondering if we are going to have to leave more than the 4hrs as in the past??

Quote Originally Posted by Budlightguy View Post
    My wife and I will be coming home Feb 20 - 27 to CN but curious about the travel back after the Detroit ordeal. We will be coming back thru Dallas. Just wondering if we are going to have to leave more than the 4hrs as in the past??
    ....The flight is just as long. The Delta Desk in Jamaica does NOT open until 10:00. Once through, enjoy the "Duty Free" area. Best to buy Booze, etc. DO use the restroom BEFORE boarding, you really don't want to use the one on the plane. Think Porta Pottty. Loaded on the back of a truck. Traveling down a bump road!! And allow PLENTY of time to go through Customs once in the USA.

Just got back yesterday, the only difference on the flight was that our bags were searched after security, before boarding the plan in Montego Bay. Nothing else was different, and we flew out of San Francisco, and allowed way more time than we needed to, so 4 hours sounds just fine.

We left Jamaica CN 1/4/10...checking into USAir a nightmare,computer problems, took 2 - 3 hrs. Once we entered the boarding area, they couldn't get it together. We were suppose to leave at 3;30, finally boarded around 6...left about 7. Everyone missed connecting flights. The Planes that came from abroad to Charlotte NC took 2 - 3 hrs to go through a through check-up by immigration. Total nightmare for waiting passengers. Go home about 1;30 AM we were suppose to be home by 9:30 PM. My daughter flew Delta, they had no oxygen suppose to leave @ 1:30pm finally boarded in Jamaica @ 8:00pm arrived Atlanta 12:30am needed to stay overnight got home 6:00 the next day. It took 2 days from Jamaica to Las Vegas. I don't know if it's Jamaicas computer system but it was a mess for everyone!!

Bridesmom, what a horrible way to end a wonderful vacation!
    Hope everythings smooth when we fly in Jan. 23rd!