Hybrid View

Default AMAZING Couples Negril Trip! Our Review Dec 09'

Hello Couples Friends

What an AMAZING trip this was for us! This was our 4th time visiting Couples Negril (Dec 10-20), and it truly does only get better! Everything was perfect about this trip! We had our friends travel this year with us, and it was so great to have them there.

The Couples Lounge in the airport was as friendly and kind as could be and soon enough we were whisked away and on our way to the resort. Great driver! Too bad there was road construction, which caused our drive to be slightly longer, but no problem mon! We arrived and greeted kindly from the front desk staff and were quickly checked in. We were granted our request of a higher level room in the Garden View blocks. We were in building 4, the second floor. BEAUTIFUL view and scenery. Our room was perfectly clean, comfortable, fully stocked, and cool refreshing air conditioning. The housekeeping was very courteous and always made our room feel comfortable and clean. The mini bar was always stocked with what ever we requested from juice, soda, water, and alcohol. The water pressure was never an issue and the water temp for the shower and sinks were always as hot as we wanted. The hair dryer in the room worked great, so don’t bring that big bulky thing with you! And just remember, they do not have outlets in the bathroom so you will need to plug in your straighter/curling irons in the actual room, which always works out anyways because the mirror is right there. The safe in the room was able to hold our mac laptop with no problem and other valuables. We never had a problem with road noise or outside commotion. The walk to and from the building was always peaceful and the gardens were always kept up and beautiful!

The beach was AMAZING! Just as I remember, but better The water was warm and crystal clear. Never had a problem finding seats, and never once felt over crowded or cramped. Every morning the beach was swept and cleaned. The red flag service was always kind, accurate, and quick. We never felt pressured with the vendors that walked by, they were respectful if we said ‘No Thanks’. We are beach people and never tend to get in the pools, but they always look so inviting and clean! Just a personal piece of advice, make sure to bring along a good chap stick (spf 45), that sun likes to beat down on your poor lips if your not careful, and also remember the bug spray. During the early and evening hours the mosquitoes and sand flees tend to be out more, and if your like me, bugs always seem to find me, but never my husband! The weather was always very very nice….a few clouds would roll in around 2ish and stay for an hour or so, but then break apart and make a beautiful sunset!

The food…..well, lets just say, I gained 6 pounds this trip! OUTSTANDING! Breakfast was always perfect! We treated ourselves to the egg station most mornings…fantastic egg white omelets! My weakness was always the pastry table….so mouth watering! I really miss those chocolate pastries . My husband has Celiac disease (a gluten free diet), and was always able to find plenty of food choices throughout the day. Lunch buffet always had a great selection for the picky eaters like myself! The desserts….wonderful! And even better were their Christmas cookies! We ate at Otaheite several times and were always more then pleased! Heliconia was also fantastic and had great service. Make sure to check out the menus for the evening down in The Terrace Restaurant, always made the decision easier!

The staff is what always makes this place stand out more then other resorts. Every staff member we passed was always courteous, acknowledged us, and ensured we were taken care of. My husband is a diver and received his Advanced diving certification this trip and couldn’t have been more pleased with the training he got from Richard. Kudos to ALL of the water sports staff! The diving is what makes my husbands trip, and they never fail to deliver nothing but the best! The staff is great, but so are the other guest divers. We met some incredible friends there and can’t thank each of them enough for helping to make our trip so amazing!

Aside from the diving, beach lounging, and eating…..we didn’t really do a whole heck of a lot, which felt great Of course, we had the bocce ball tournaments, card playing with our good friends, and gift shop shopping, but besides that….we just laid back. We aren’t huge drinkers, but every time we had a drink from the Grill bar, red flag service, and dinners, the drinks were always refreshing! I think our new favorite was the Banana Colada’s! They have a huge book of different mixed drinks, frozen, shaken, stirred, everything…so make sure to check it out and try some new stuff!

We had such an amazing trip and can’t thank the Couples Resorts, staff, and other guests for helping to make it everything and more! It is always a sad sad time when we come back to our room after a fun day out in the sun and see the “comment card” and departure information under our door. Check out was a breeze, although we did have to depart the resort one hour earlier then the standard departure time, due to the roadway construction on the road to Montego Bay. It was stated in the departure card given when you arrive at the resort. We said our goodbyes and headed back to the airport. Again, we had a great driver that made great time (under an hour) to the airport.

We will defiantly be back again, next year at the same time. Thanks again to everyone who made our trip so great!!!

Kendra and Jerry
    St. Louis Area

Another...Yes,another wonderful review on Couples #1 resort.
    I am very happy that you had a great trip to CN..Couples Negril.

Hugs

Thank you so much for your review. We are coming to Couples for the first time Feb 6-13 to celebrate our 1st Anniversary. We've been to other all-inclusive, but can't wait for the Couples experience. I am expecting great things, from the comments I've seen on here.

Kendra & Jerry - very nice review. You are such a sweet couple. We will see you next year!

Linda & Mike

I am so glad you had a great vacation. It just goes to show that when you have a great attitude and go with the flow, you will have a great time. You can't sweat the small things which is what the people who don't enjoy being in paradise must do.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsoxnation View Post
    I am so glad you had a great vacation. It just goes to show that when you have a great attitude and go with the flow, you will have a great time. You can't sweat the small things which is what the people who don't enjoy being in paradise must do.
    Best advice anyone can ever receive when departing on a vacation. Folks should print those words and paste them on their luggage. Attitude often determines the degree of fun folks have in their travels.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    Best advice anyone can ever receive when departing on a vacation. Folks should print those words and paste them on their luggage. Attitude often determines the degree of fun folks have in their travels.
    Ron & Rosa, I agree completely. You can let small things ruin a perfectly good vacation or just let it go. Some people look for reasons to complain and find fault in everything. Attitude is one of the things within our control and is probably the biggest difference in how your vacation turns out and the memories you take from that vacation.

I LOVE this review!!! Couples Negril = Paradise!!! Wish we were there right now!!!
    Art xo Francine

Thank you all so much for the kind words Sunseeker, I wish you both an amazing trip and I have no doubt that Couples will be everything and more you've been imagining Thank you again everyone and Linda & Mike, we look forward to seeing you both again at the end of the year!

Kendra & Jerry

What a great review. It sounded like you had a wonderful, relaxing time and isn't that what a vacation is suppossed to be. We will be arriving at CSA in 14 days and are planning a day trip to CN. It sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks everyone for such a positive response We really appreciate everything and hope that this review can help others as all of your reviews have helped us