Default New to the Board, worries about CN

Hello All,

We are new to the message board and are looking forward to booking our 1st Couples vacation in May!!

We originally were looking at staying at CN, but with some of the not so positive reviews lately we are a little worried and might change to CSA. We really liked the pool area at CN and also the rooms seemed to be a little more to our liking. We understand the beach is better at CSA, but not a big deal for us.

Are we overacting to the negative comments about CN?

Thanks in advance for all replies,

Doug and Sue Anne
    Palm Coast FL.

I was there last March and from what I understand they've made improvements since then. My husband and I loved it so much, we're going again this March. First time ever we've revisited the same place and my husband didn't even want to go to Jamaica at all. We're hooked! As far as reviews go, remember that you can't please ALL of the people ALL of the time. I always take them with a grain of salt and go from there. I'm sure you will love it!

Default Don't Worry...

Be happy...

CN is a magical place and you will have a wonderful time. My husband and I will be going for the third time in less than two years - the last visit was this past July. We found new and different things that we tried than the first.

Couples is a terrific experience! Enjoy!

Don't worry about anything. We were at CN in December. It was our 5th trip there. Everything was great. The beach is wonderful. We enjoyed walking everyday. There is plenty of room for everyone. Never seemed crowded even though the hotel was fully booked. The food was delicious. The staff was very friendly and open.

Dougand Sue Anne...I can understand your concerns about any negatives on a resort you are booking but I have been on this message board for an awful long time and my opinion is CN is the #1 resort in Jamaica.

I do not say to ignore any negatives but I would say for you two to look at CN's rating on the Trip Advisor..CN's rating is much higher that CSA's and the vast majority of the reviews on both resorts are outstanding.

To me CN is the true Jamaican resort..CN's swimup pool bar can NOT be beaten..The lay of CN is very people friendly.

To sum this up,I "highly" recommend you stay your course and go to CN.

CN...Couples Negril..Where strangers go,meet up and become life long hugging friends.
    Last edited by Tommywommy; August 8th, 2010 at 04:24 PM.

you are over worrying. The Beach at CN is second to none.....the best CSA can state is their beach is as good as.....it is longer, but they have a lot of beach vendors and traffic compared to CN.....but then again, its a personal thing....you won't go wrong at either place......don't let the reviews spook you.

Doug & Sue, since you asked and for what it's worth, I think you're over-reacting. Not that you shouldn't change to CSA if it happens to be striking your fancy, that's a call only you can make. But obviously there were things about CN, such as the pool and room types which seemed to draw you in. Don't let a few less-than-favorable opinions shade your decision. The vast majority of the reviews have been overwhelmingly positive.

Case in point, look at this latest review by stlcardsfan:

http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=4704
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Yes, you are over-reacting....I was just there in November for my wedding and honeymoon and it was amazing....

You can find negative reviews about any resort, but compare the few negative reviews with the vast number of positive reviews, and you'll see that the overwhelming majority of people who stay at CN have a great vacation.

We've stayed at all four of the Couples resorts, including 13 trips to CN. CN is our favorite, and we like its beach the best.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Quote Originally Posted by dougnsueanne View Post
    Hello All,

We are new to the message board and are looking forward to booking our 1st Couples vacation in May!!

We originally were looking at staying at CN, but with some of the not so positive reviews lately we are a little worried and might change to CSA. We really liked the pool area at CN and also the rooms seemed to be a little more to our liking. We understand the beach is better at CSA, but not a big deal for us.

Are we overacting to the negative comments about CN?

Thanks in advance for all replies,

Doug and Sue Anne
    Palm Coast FL.
    ...."Don't worry bout a thing, cause every little thing gonna be all right". You will love CN.

Definately over reacting...been to Negril 6 times @ different resorts. Just came back from CN after X-mas. CN was by far the best. We loved every aspect of it and plan to return next Dec. The beach is awesome!!! Personnally, my favorite on the island. We stayed in a garden suite and absolutely loved it. The only downfall was I wish we could have stayed another week!
    P.S. We have been to Jamaica 30 times and this resort blew us away!!!

Default Thanks to all

Thank you all for the great responses. We are so excited about going to Couples for the first time!

You all have convinced us to go to CN and I'm sure we will love it!

Tommywommy your comments were the most convincing!!!

Thanks sooooooo much!!

Doug and Sue Anne

Go to what calls you.

CSA by far has the best beach.

Just booked our trip for May 8 thru 15!!!! Now we can start the countdown!!

Thanks to all again!

Doug and Sue Anne

Thanks to all again!

Doug and Sue Anne
    Good call guys. And not because it's CN. Had your story been reversed - you were initally going to CSA but due to the recent reviews you were now considering CN - I think all of us would have given the same advice. Your mind and heart is what led you to select your resort of choice. You were wise to stick with it. Have a ball!!
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Thanks to all again!

Doug and Sue Anne
    ...Relax and plan to enjoy yourselves.

We got back from a early December trip to CN. It all was marvelous! Don't hesitate. You will fall in love with it and each other, again!

Understand that this resort is best for folks that love to socialize. Going back for our third time in 3 years and the only folks I noticed unhappy were the ones who kept to themselves and just figured a good time every day would just fall into their lap. Dont get me wrong, not saying you cant be alone. We have a lot of fun alone :-)
    just that it is the best place on earth and is that much better when you party all of the great people that visit CN.Heaven for sure has this resort in it.

Default What negative reviews?

I'm confused - what negative reviews? I've been on trip advisor and I haven't seen one negative review about either CN or CSA which is why I am having a devil of a time choosing!

I have to agree with RJG, what negative reviews?

We love CN, just booked trip number 6 for August, starting the count down, so when I read this post I went to TA to read the reviews and I could not find any. So I am really confused.

Relax, you will love CN, it is the best.

Doug and Sue Anne..Your first countdown clock to CN will move quickly.
    Your next count down clock to CN will move soooo slooow because you will want to return so bad...LOL

I am very excited you two have booked CN.CN reminds me of the old John Wayne-Lee Marvin south Pacific movies..It's likes being on my very own private island..CN is "the" true Jamaican resort and is located on "the" beach of Negril

Since I will be at CN before you,I will arrange for you two to eat and drink as much as you like for FREE..This is the least I can do.

GO.RELAX.ENJOY CN..The resort that other resorts try to copy.
    Last edited by Tommywommy; August 8th, 2010 at 04:24 PM.

I was also wondering where these negative reviews were. Anyway we went to CN last March and we absolutely loved it. I honestly cannot think of one single complaint.

CN is Paradise!! Heaven on Earth!!!
    Art xo Francine

There were a few reviews with concerns about CN on this message board. Two were from repeaters who felt CN had lost something since their last visit.

The negative comments I was referring to is exactly what jumpinjen referred to above...since we have never been before we really don't know what the others were missing. We are sooo excited and can't wait for May to get here...especially since tommywommy has taken care of all the food and drinks!!!! Thanks tommywommy!!!!!

Doug and Sue Anne