Default I May Have To Add An Extra Day!!!

I know, it is a bad problem to have!!! We are going to CSS to celebrate our 30th anniversary.

I have enough frequent flyer miles with UsAir to go first class round trip to Jamaica. I called UsAir today just to review what all is required and make sure I was looking at things correctly. I told the lady we were going to be traveling Dec 15 - 23 and she told me that the 23 is a blackout date. RATS. So now my problem is, do I move my dates forward one day so that we go 16 - 24 or do I just add one day onto the trip? I bought the travel insurance so I don't think there will be any issue with moving the dates forward, but spending one more day in paradise doesn't sound too bad either.

My one question with adding a day is, what rate will that day be charged at? We booked way back in the summer so we got the Fall In Love special. Will I get that rate? Should I book before the 15th? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Another great thing I learned is that even though I will be using frequent miles, if I truly do get first class I won't have any luggage fees. We may take our golf clubs after all.

add a day!! i don't know how it works with the rates.

Why are you even asking this...add the day baby!!

I also feel you with the 1st class and all that it entails. We have been with AA for years and have had the good fortune of cashing in miles here and there over the years. Twice we've used them for 1st class flights. One to NY, but because it wasn't "premium" 1st class, it was really more akin to business class. But our flight to London was absolutely top-o-the-line 1st class, complete with those seats that turn into beds. The cool thing about that was they also threw in a RT flight to Paris, just so long as the return flight was back to London, which we then flew back home to LA. It was heaven on an airplane. We've cashed in some more miles for our trip to CTI/CN this Spring, but we're flying economy (saving the 1st class miles for an eventual trip to Spain & Portugal).

Like you said, huge advantage with this class, no luggage worries. Take the extra day and enjoy life!!
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Anytime we have added a day to a trip we already booked to Couples they try to give you the same rate you are paying for the days already booked. Unless you fall into a holiday date that they are selling for a much higher rate.
    If you booked it thru a travel agent let them deal with it for you

I think we will be there just about the same time. Our date are Dec 14 to Dec 23 2010

Last year when my wife and I scheduled a trip to CSA Air Jamaica cancelled our flight from Chicago to Montego Bay. We decided to add a day and took the flight a day earlier. The day before we were scheduled to fly home we were advised by CSA staff that our return flight had been cancelled. We were asked if our travel agent had contacted us. Since we booked the trip directly through Couples our response was that CSA was our travel agent. So we added a day to the end of our trip (it was handled flawlessly by CSA). I was scheduled to appear in court the day we retuned to Chicago. I had to have my staff call opposing counsel and the judge to explain that I was stranded on the beach in Negril, Jamaica. It was a great experience. Our seven day vacation turned into a nine day vacation. In short, I would take the extra day. We are scheduled to returmn to CSA in March.

I would Contact Couples reservations directly (1-800-COUPLES) to see about rebooking. Yes, the insurance should make things more simple to cancel, but my fear would be that you will pay the current rates for a rebook. Again, contact the professionals, explain your situation (as tragic as it is ) and see what they can do for you. Enjoy it.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Are you goofy....... Of course add the day. Take advantage blame it on the airline and spend more time in JA.

go for the extra day, had to do the same thing to use miles and get a flight that didn't schlep us all over the country or get into mbj after dark.
    Yammy
    CTI/April Amigos

I knew almost everyone would say add the extra day and that they might even call me "goofy"!!! I like the way you think Rrrrrrr. I guess I was just rubbing it in!!!

I did call Couples since I booked online. I can add the extra day for the same rate I am paying for the rest of the vacation. I am sure that is what I am going to do.

So now we will be there Dec 15-24. It will be a little weird traveling home on Christmas Eve, but our kids are grown now so I guess it isn't as big a deal as it would have been in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by rick View Post
    Last year when my wife and I scheduled a trip to CSA Air Jamaica cancelled our flight from Chicago to Montego Bay. We decided to add a day and took the flight a day earlier. The day before we were scheduled to fly home we were advised by CSA staff that our return flight had been cancelled. We were asked if our travel agent had contacted us. Since we booked the trip directly through Couples our response was that CSA was our travel agent. So we added a day to the end of our trip (it was handled flawlessly by CSA). I was scheduled to appear in court the day we retuned to Chicago. I had to have my staff call opposing counsel and the judge to explain that I was stranded on the beach in Negril, Jamaica. It was a great experience. Our seven day vacation turned into a nine day vacation. In short, I would take the extra day. We are scheduled to returmn to CSA in March.
    LOL I can imagine the looks on their faces! "Sorry Your Honor, he is stranded in paradise and can't leave!!"