Default Booking Deposit Questions

Need help with the cheapest deposit for booking. I am using tax refund money to pay for this trip, however, I will not get my return until the middle of next month. My question is what can I do to pay the least amount now (before the special is up tomorrow)? I think I read somewhere that the deposit is much higher if I book hotel+flight together, basically paying the flight up front. What is the deposit required if I book the hotel only for now and pay for the airfare next month? Is this a smart thing to try and do or should I just book it all together once I have the money?
    Thanks so much for your help. This message board is AMAZING!
    Steven

We ALWAYS book our hotel separately from our flight. However, that works for us because we book the hotel about 10 months in advance and our flights are cheapest 3 months in advance. When are you travelling?

If you want the cheapest deposit (depending on your travel dates) you might be eligible for the LoveAway Plan, which requires only $100 down, but $100 monthly payments. If you don't want to make monthly payments, then the standard down payment is $400 and the final payment is due 45 days prior to arrival. With either option, if you buy the insurance, you also would pay $158 up front.

With your flights, if you book those at the same time as the hotel, then you will have to buy your flights then as well.

Hope this helps!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

The deposit for booking the hotel only is $400. That will guarantee the current rate. We always book the hotel only through the resort and watch the airlines for the best rate and book that straight with them. There used to be a Love Away plan where you put up a deposit of $100 and $100 a month until the final amount is due, but I'm not sure if they are still doing that.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

We too are useing our Tax refund to pay for our Vacation, We booked using the Love away plan. It is just for the Resort, but with travel insurance you only have to put $258 (US) down then $100 a month. But I think your travel dates need to be over 100 days away. We will be booking air later hoping rates go down the closer we get.

Hope this helps.

Steven ~ Depends on when you are going. If it is more than 180 days, you can do the Love Away plan and it will be a deposit of $100 for the hotel portion only. If you are going less than 180 days, to book only the hotel portion will be a deposit of $400. I can't remember if you book both hotel & airfare the price, but I'm sure you can find out on the booking engine on this site.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

It depends on when you intend to travel. If you want to go 180 days out or more you can book using the love away plan for $100, they will take $100 a month on your credit card until you either settle the balance early or pay the balance 45 days out . the other way is to book with the $400 deposit. Either way the remaining balance is due 45 days out.

The LOVE AWAY plan is $100.00 to book.
    Kristen