Default Which Couples Resort to Go To?

Hi,

We are looking to come to one of the Couples Resorts in August / September this year. This will be our first of hopefully a few visits.

We are a reasonably active couple looking for a child free holiday with lots to do but space and time to chill.

I enjoy chilling out and doing a bit of swimming and trying new sports. I love swimming and a bit of snorkelling, I love being able to read all the books I never get to read at home.

My husband is in to scuba and will be looking for lots of sports to do during our stay.

We both love good food with a desire to be able to spend our 2 weeks trying new foods and relaxing.

We also have 2 friends who may come with us. If they come they both enjoy golf, so golf is another thing we need to consider.

All the resorts in the group look amazing. Which resort would you guys suggest?

Many Thanks for your assistance,

Vici & Marcus

Quote Originally Posted by Plumrose76 View Post
    Hi,

We are looking to come to one of the Couples Resorts in August / September this year. This will be our first of hopefully a few visits.

We are a reasonably active couple looking for a child free holiday with lots to do but space and time to chill.

I enjoy chilling out and doing a bit of swimming and trying new sports. I love swimming and a bit of snorkelling, I love being able to read all the books I never get to read at home.
    You can do this at all the resorts, CTI or CSS have the most private beaches.

My husband is in to scuba and will be looking for lots of sports to do during our stay. All the resorts have scuba, CSA is best, but they are all good. CTI have the most included activities like golf, horse back riding, dunns river falls, and cat cruise.

We both love good food with a desire to be able to spend our 2 weeks trying new foods and relaxing.All the resorts are great for this.

We also have 2 friends who may come with us. If they come they both enjoy golf, so golf is another thing we need to consider.
    CSS and CTI have the best golf.

Vici & Marcus

If lots of included activities and a private beach is what you are looking for, I would look at CTI.

If a big beach is what you are looking for then CSA or CN.

Private beach and room service then it is CSS.

What ever you choice, you will have a good time.
    Irie Mon

Quote Originally Posted by Plumrose76 View Post
    Hi,

My husband is in to scuba and will be looking for lots of sports to do during our stay.

We both love good food with a desire to be able to spend our 2 weeks trying new foods and relaxing.

Vici & Marcus
    ....Go with CN.

CSA has the best sports facility on the island. I also had a beautiful and spread out beach. Fine white sand and crystal clear blue water. CSA also has the most bar and restaurant choices and the most nightlife. You can do as much as you want or just lay around and do nothing. Good luck deciding. Just keep reading reviews and looking at pictures and eventually one of them will start to pull at you. That is the one you need to book. Have fun researching. I'm sure you'll love whichever one you pick. But, just so you know.......CSA ROCKS!

CSA sounds like a match for you. There is a fabulous sports complex with a large swimming pool for swimming laps. There is a weight room, classes, hand ball courts, tennis courts, and basketball. None of the other Couples come close as far as sports are concerned.

All of the resorst have scuba and snorkeling. We certified as CSA and love the dive staff there.

There's only one answer...........keep researching. I know, nice copout of a response, yes?

But seriously, what you described for your basic needs and wishes, any of the four resorts could fit the bill. Often times when folks ask for suggestions, but state everything they want in the resort, one of the four will usually stand out amongst the others, being they each has its strengths and weaknesses when it comes to satisfying specific criteria.

But in your case, I think any of them would suffice. So my suggestion is to start ranking what's most important to you on down to see if each of the four still measures up. Jon did a good job of separating what the resorts offer best based on what you mentioned. Maybe seeing that can help narrow it down. Good luck and remember, no matter which one you choose, you won't go wrong.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

If you have two weeks, I would recommend splitting time between CN and CSA. We have spent two separate weeks at CN, and one week seemed about the right amount of time at the resort. We decided to try CSA this year and will be there in August also -- just had to try the other Negril resort!

We are very similar to how you describe you and your husband. I am more active (diver too) than Mrs. Tallman, but she enjoys snorkling, swimming and reading (many) books. I can tell you for sure that both of you will love CN (I can't say enough about the dive crew there -- great fellas), and from the reviews on the MB, CSA should be great as well.

CN all the way! We will be there for our 2nd trip in April.

CN is a great choice for a first Couples/JA experience! Having said that, you need to go with your gut feeling, look at all the pics go in and look at the sample menu's (realize these are only sample menu's) see which one really calls to you.

We chose CN for our first two trips, then tried CSS and are returning for our second trip to CSS. Which one is my favorite between the two, honestly we are torn. Love them both for very different reasons.

You need to first decide which side of the island you wish to visit, Negril and Ocho Rios are very different, Negril is known for the beaches, Ochi for the lushness.

We love CN for the beach, you seriously cannot beat the beaches on the Negril side of the island. We also love the eclectic feel, and the layout of the resort, and the huge pool. I love Otaheite Restaurant there.

CSS is just has such a romantic feel to it, the grounds are incredible, surprises around every corner, such an adventure to explore. There are lots of stairs which in our opinion helps to add to the intrigue, and aura of the resort. The beach is a private cove beach, but still a nice beach. Actually there are two beaches, one of which is on the A/N side with it's own pool.

This is not a decision someone can make for you, it is one you have to make yourself by following your gut feeling. You can't make a bad decision.