Default Plus Size and going to Jamaica?!

Ok, so as some of you may know, we're having our honey/conceptionmoon at CSA in August! I'm a plus size lady, and I don't mean I'm over weight by 5 lbs, I'm a true plus size.. is CSA size friendly? What about Jamaica in general?

I guess I'm just nervous, this will be my first time out of the US.
    Thanks in advance!!

Default Beautiful in Jamaica

Hi JLGSquared,

From one true plus size to another, you will not have any problems at Couples or in Jamaica. We've been to Couples (CN and CSA) six times, and I've never been made to feel uncomfortable. Sure, the seats on the bus are a bit cramped, but doable. I wear a swimsuit all day there, and sleeveless comfortable dresses at night.

Every woman is beautiful in Jamaica. You will see much larger women in much smaller swimsuits who glow with the beauty of the country and people. It's all in the attitude.

Just go, relax and enjoy yourself. That's what it's all about.

Beergirl

You will be fine! I have been to CSA three times. There are people at the resort of all shapes and sizes. You don't have anything to worry about. The people of Jamaica are amazing! I always said that the Jamaican people are what make the island so amazing! You will not feel out of place or uncomfortable at all! Don't be nervous to go to Jamaica. You will have a wonderful time!
    Just a few hints to make your trip more enjoyable...make your dinner reservations as soon as you get checked in. Feathers and Lemongrass are wonderful! Make sure you go to Sea Grapes Cafe (it is next to the pool without the swim up bar). The food is amazing! My husband and I look foward to the sweet potato chips all year! Make your reservations for the catamaran cruise, snorkeling, and glass bottom boat ride your first morning. You make those reservations at the sports shack on the beach. The catamaran cruise does not go out everyday and it is a lot of fun.
    Sorry, I get carried away talking about CSA. Have a wonderful trip!

JLGSquared

Don't worry about size and enjoy yourself. There are many of us that don't have that perfect body.

I can't speak for CSA but I'm quite sure that it would be the same as CSS. You have nothing to worry about. The guests are all sizes and no one is going to judge you. Relax and have a great time!

The easy answer is....just look at some of the photo threads...yes...JA is friendly to everyone

Ladies,

we need to stop feeling self concious and be like the men. Go, have fun. No one is watching or cares.

Actually, many Jamaicans feel that being large or having gained weight since they saw you is a sign that all is well with you and that you are not " nervous ". If you ever heard a Jamaican say any words which seem negative in our culture, believe me, it is not in theirs. I know a little girl in Negril who is almost 6 and all her friends at school call her "Fatty Boom Boom" in a very endearing way....

You will only have some discomfort on the flight down - and unfortunately, that is a relfection of our culture.

I'm sure the other half of YOUR Couple thinks you are beautiful and sexy as you are!

Don't be brainwashed by Madison Avenue - if you want to try the AN beach - GO FOR IT!!! There is no more beautiful woman than the one who has the self-confidence to go there for herself and her Sweetie - WHATEVER size she is!! You will be so glad you did!

Also, Jamaican men LOVE big women!!! You will not want for compliments when you meet them - and that's very good for the ego, too!

HAVE FUN!!!
    Debbie & Harry

Some one posted awhile back ( dirtleg maybe?) that if you go to walmart and picture the people there in swim suits that is what the people will look like at Couples. LOL!!!!

Like a Jamaican woman had said to me..."Its Jamaica mon...nobody cares!!!!"

Just have a good time and put size to the side. Im a big guy and went shirtless all week. That is not what it is about. Just be sure to have a good time and meet people big or small. We cant all be the same size. It would be too lame

JLGSquared - We have never been to CSA, but we have been to CN many times. I am also a plus size lady, and like you not just 5 lbs over. We have made many friends at CN, both Jamaican family and other visitors. I have found, there is no discrimination on size, color or age. Don't worry, you will have a wonderful honeymoon/conceptionmoon. Relax and look forward to a wonderful vacation

No problem, go enjoy yourself.
    Irie Mon

Go and have a great time, I speak from experiance that size doesn't matter down there. I am plus size also and love A/N. I neer had a problem with being judged by my size. We also took a cruise with my kids that stopped in Jamaica and did the Dunn's river falls, she was 15 very plus size and of all the girls there she is the only one that got an offer by one of the guides to go on the ship and do a table dance for her 16th birthday as her birthday was being celebrated while on the cruise. I have been made to feel sexy while there also. So as they No Worries Mon you are in Jamaica!!!!!!!!

Just go and have a great time. We just got back from CSS in December, and we both had a great time. I know what it feels like to be in a swimsuit and be nervous that everyone is looking because you are not the thinnest one there. I have always struggled with my weight, but we have been the the Caribbean 4 times, and I have never felt out of place. There are people of all different shapes and sizes there. We even saw some over on the au naturel beach. So go and enjoy your time there with your new Boo!!

Default Go ............. Enjoy!!!!!!!

Go & strut your stuff ........... it's all in your attitude!!!! If you've got a smile on your face ........ which you will have because CSA is great ............. then you're gonna fit right in no matter what size or age or color you are. The first day out in your swimsuit, you are gonna feel nervous for about the first 15 minutes & then you're going to see all shapes & sizes, start having so much fun, & start realizing that no one is judging you at all. GO ............ ENJOY ............. NO WORRIES in Jamaica ........... REALLY!!!!!
    Julie

Dear JLGSquared,
    You will be as beautiful as you feel on the beach at CSA. All shapes and sizes are fine on the beach. Believe me on that. I'm attaching a picture of a beach view that I took from my lounge while sipping a hummingbird or was that two? I've removed the faces since they aren't people from our group and I wouldn't want to post someone's face without their permission.
    My advice is to make sure you wear a big smile and you'll be awesome!!!
    Enjoy your time in paradise, Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm a plus sized gal and I've never felt self conscious in Jamaica. However, I do have a story and a word of advice. Years ago I came to Jamaica with a few friends and the airline lost my luggage, and I didn't get this luggage back until I was back in Philadelphia. Now I'm in a tropical paradise and I have no clothes, and nowhere to find clothes in my size. The worst part was the no bathing suit issue.
    Now I know some people are against carry ons, and that's fine but I'm sure they'd be able to go to the gift shop and at least buy a pair of shorts. This would not be the case for me, and a lost bag spells disaster.
    Now I always wear my bathing suit under my clothes on the plane, and I have a pair of shorts and a tank in my purse. Maybe this sounds extreme and paranoid to some people, but the memory of sitting on a beach chair in jeans watching everyone else swimming and having fun while I sweated to death haunts me to this day!

Mysandytoes! That is exactly why I tell me husband the importance of carry ons! He despises them and usually refuses to bring his own! But- we are both plus size and I am well aware that if luggage is lost, it would be a nightmare to find a few outfits and a swim suit in any hotel gift shop or nearby stores for that matter! THANK GOD we have not had to experience the lost luggage ordeal. But in the event it does happen- I truly believe it would be devastating. That is why I insist on atleast bringing a swimsuit and an outfit or two carryon! I will make him read your post and hopefully convince him to take a carry on this April for our first trip to CSA!

Quote Originally Posted by JLGSquared View Post
    Ok, so as some of you may know, we're having our honey/conceptionmoon at CSA in August! I'm a plus size lady, and I don't mean I'm over weight by 5 lbs, I'm a true plus size.. is CSA size friendly? What about Jamaica in general?

Thanks in advance!!
    ....Not everyone is skinny. "Don't worry bout a thing". Have fun!!

Plus size here too and have always felt welcome at Couples and in Jamaica! No worries at all. In fact we are returning for the 4th time this Dec. Have a blast!

Angie
    Kevin & Angie

There is just a different vibe at Couples. It is very unlike Miami Beach, for example. There is a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and ages at Couples. I am now a plus size and I have never felt uncomfortable at Couples, nor have I ever heard any rude or snide comments.

Quote Originally Posted by JLGSquared View Post

Thanks in advance!!
    i promise you the locals will make you feel very special... chances are if you walk the beach hang at a local place he men will flock to you they seem to love their ladies more full then not

Here we are at Couples Tower Isle this past Dec. We both are over 220# as this was taken and having the time of our lives! GO, RELAX, ENJOY and make that baby!
    Attached Images Attached Images