Thread: Fishing at CSA?

Hybrid View

Default Fishing at CSA?

My fiance and I will be going to CSA in April for our honeymoon. Can anyone give us ideas about fishing rules at CSA? Is deep sea fishing available? Can you fish from the beach and if so are there any licenses needed? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

When are you staying? We will be at CSA 4-11 thru 16. We plan on going on a deep sea fishing excursion but it is cheaper if you have 2 or 3 couples.

We obviously fish all the time in the US, but we also did a Cancun deep sea fishing excursion and caught non stop barracuda and my husband caught a huge Pompano which the guide said was extremely rare to catch! We have read and heard the fishing in Negril is fun, but never have I read it is plentiful and you are lucky to catch a few fish.

Any info you come across- please share. I have heard the Charter Stanley's Fishing is great.

Quote Originally Posted by melly View Post
    When are you staying? We will be at CSA 4-11 thru 16. We plan on going on a deep sea fishing excursion but it is cheaper if you have 2 or 3 couples.

We obviously fish all the time in the US, but we also did a Cancun deep sea fishing excursion and caught non stop barracuda and my husband caught a huge Pompano which the guide said was extremely rare to catch! We have read and heard the fishing in Negril is fun, but never have I read it is plentiful and you are lucky to catch a few fish.

Any info you come across- please share. I have heard the Charter Stanley's Fishing is great.

Well in the end we waited too long to book and CSA was all booked up for our travel dates. We will be at CSS instead from April 11-16. Good luck though and thanks for the reply!

Well, I asked last time I was...you can go fishing (I think the last I found was a charter for 1/2 day $200) but don't expect to catch much...sorry for the bad news.

kycrazies -

That's why they call it fishing... otherwise, they'd call it catching.

Sorry, couldn't resist!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"