Default Few questions about CSA

my girlfriend and i haven't booked our stay yet.. keyword yet.. but we are defiantly staying at swept away! i just had a few quick questions..

1) we will be staying oct 6-12 hows the weather around that time? a lot of rain?

2) these sand fleas i keep hearing about will the be out and about at said date?

3) what is the smoking policy at CSA, cigarettes and OTHERWISE?

4) last but not least.. what is the difference between a garden sweet and a garden veranda?

Quote Originally Posted by Slvrslug View Post
    my girlfriend and i haven't booked our stay yet.. keyword yet.. but we are defiantly staying at swept away! i just had a few quick questions..

I am not a CSA expert, but I have been to Jamaica and Couples may times.

1) we will be staying oct 6-12 hows the weather around that time? a lot of rain?The only time the weather is bad is when a tropical storm or hurricane comes in, other than that, the weather is great.

2) these sand fleas i keep hearing about will the be out and about at said date?Sand fleas are only a real problem at night, during the day there are very few.

3) what is the smoking policy at CSA, cigarettes and OTHERWISE?
    Couples does not allow any smoking in enclosed places, it is OK outside, the beach, and your room. The otherwise should not be used out in the open.
    4) last but not least.. what is the difference between a garden sweet and a garden veranda?

The big different is the Veranda Rooms have a private shower and bathtub, a TV, and a stocked mini-bar. The garden suite has just a shower, no tv, and no mini-bar.
    Hope this helps.
    Irie Mon

Quote Originally Posted by Slvrslug View Post

1) we will be staying oct 6-12 hows the weather around that time? a lot of rain? If I could predict the weather that far out I'd be a rich woman! October has the highest monthly average for rain, but that doesn't mean it will rain while you're there. The weather will be hot and since it's the Caribbean there is always a chance of an afternoon sprinkle.

2) these sand fleas i keep hearing about will the be out and about at said date? Sand fleas don't care what month it is. They are attracted to cool, damp areas near their breeding/eating grounds, so typically they are found on the beach near the water at night, especially after a rain. We never have had any problems with sand fleas at CSA. However, we don't spend much time in the sand at night.

3) what is the smoking policy at CSA, cigarettes and OTHERWISE? Smoking cigarettes is allowed on all property except inside the restaurants. Smoking OTHERWISE is at your own risk

Garden Suites do not have televisions or mini bars. Garden Verandah Suites do. Garden Suites are located on the north end of the property and have only 2 floors with 8-10 rooms per block. Garden Verandahs are on the south end and have 12 rooms per block, with 3 floors.
    I hope this helps! You will LOVE CSA!! We were just there this past April but have already booked our return for 2011.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Answers to your questions... (you'll get enough replies, to be sure)...

October is late in the Atlantic hurricane season, but rain will not be a problem at any point in the year unless a system settles over the area, such as happened recently. You'll likely get some rain during the afternoon... perhaps a brief shower... but lots of sunshine, too. Don't worry about the weather reports... they always call for a chance of rain, because there always IS a chance for rain in the tropics.

Sand fleas (also known in some parts as "chiggers", "noseeums", etc. will appear in sandy areas near dusk and just after dawn, as well as just after a shower. There is no "season" for them.

Smoking policy... smoking, in general, is allowed throughout the resort, except in the enclosed "public" facilities, such as Feathers, the Aura Lounge, and the computer center. The al fresco restaurants (at The Palms and Patois' Patio) have segregated smoking areas. Consideration for others is always appreciated. As for your implied question, consumption of cannabis, hashish, etc. is against the law on Jamaica. Caveat Emptor.

The Garden Suites are the least expensive accommodations on the resort, and are found in the "original" section of the resort. These are 8-unit blocks and are the furthest from the beach in this part of the resort. The Garden Verandah Suites are in the "new" area of the resort. These are 12-unit blocks (three floors), and are located the furthest from the beach in that area of the resort. The Garden Suites are basic, with bed and bath and a very nice outdoor seating area. The Garden Verandah Suites include TV and minibar, and also have a nice outdoor seating area.

Good luck!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"