Hybrid View

Default First timers, what MUST we do?

My husband and another couple will be coming to CN February 17th-for the first time- can you share what are some of the things we MUST do while we are there? thanks Dana

Dana, we haven't been to CN but we have been to CTI & CSA so I can't be too specific on CN itself. My best advice is to leave your cares & attitude behind. Wear a big smile and lots of sunscreen. Talk to the staff as if they were your friends, not servants at your beck and call. When you take an interest in the staff they light up and you'll see the true beauty of the jamaican people. My favorite things to do were take the catamaran cruise, sail a hobie cat, snorkel, visit all the restaurants and drink a copious amount of hummingbirds...Enjoy!

What are hummingbirds?

Quote Originally Posted by RJG in IA View Post
    What are hummingbirds?
    Only one of the greatest drinks ever created...tastes almost like a strawberry banana shake. Cool and refreshing.

Linda fell in love with Hummingbirds!!

1) take an opportunity to experience CN AN beach
    2) if you are the male "prepare for at least on negril sunset...
    prearrange to have a bottle of bubbly delivered to your beach chair approx 20 minute before sunset sit in silence sip and reflect on the wonder of a negril sunset.
    3) go out and drink in long bay.... take a cab to the end of long bay and walk back take in the sights the sounds the tastes and smells of 7 mile beach
    enjoy

RJG, here's the recipe for a hummingbird. Be prepared to fall in love like I did...

1 oz bananas
    1 oz coconut cream
    1 oz creme de bananes
    1 oz rum
    1/2 oz Tia Maria® coffee liqueur
    1 oz strawberries
    crushed ice

Quote Originally Posted by dmeyer View Post
    My husband and another couple will be coming to CN February 17th-for the first time- can you share what are some of the things we MUST do while we are there? thanks Dana
    ....Go on the "Catamaran Cruise", the Glass Bottom Boat, try snorkeling, Eat dinners at all the restaurants but at least once at Lychee. Plan on laying on the beach, a lot!! Try all of "The Drinks Of The Day". Most of all, try new experiences while there. As they say on the cruise ships; "Be wild and crazy, you're never going to see any of these people again"!! Most of all, have fun.