Thread: sea grapes cafe

Default sea grapes cafe

In 2006 when we were at CSA we ate at what I thought was Sea Grapes for dinner most nights. I don't remember if that's what it was called or not. The lunch part shut down and then a dinner setup started in the same area on the opposite side of the pool from the Palms. They had great bow tie pasta and chicken! The list of dining options does not list this as far as I can see. Has it moved? I have a lot of allergies and dietary restrictions but the food there was great for us. I am hoping they took that menu and put it somewhere else. I really liked that location though. We ate on the beach almost every night. The Great House was still under construction and only the bar and pool were open when we were there so I know things have changed. I have been missing that pasta and was so looking forward to it in a few months! Hopefully it is somewhere else.

Our first trip to CSA was in 2005, and I remember that SeaGrapes served dinner at the time. With the addition of Patois and the Cabana Grill, SeaGraps no longer serves dinner. However, there is a pasta station at The Palms, and Patois frequently has pasta options. I can't say that either restaurant has duplicated SeaGrapes dinner menu, though.

We used to like Sea Grapes for dinner too, but when we went back in '07, after the Great House was in full swing, Sea Grapes for dinner was no more. I was also a fan of the pasta. I seem to remember you can get pretty much the same thing though at the pasta bar at the Palms.

Melody...

Wecome back home to CSA. Seagrapes is open for lunch and i think the Palms has a Pasta Bar at dinner.

Counting the Days till April 12

Paul

I for one, really miss sitting on the beach and eating my pasta, though.

Back then they were seating for dinner at SeaGrapes because SweptAway had all those new accommodations (and guests) but PatoisPatio and the Great House facility were under construction.

Since then, they no longer offer dinner at SeaGrapes... in fact I don't think the grill is even open at night (can anyone confirm this?), and those late night hunger pangs have to be sated at the Cabana Grill.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Thanks guys. It is a little disappointing not to be able to eat there again since we loved it so much. I really liked eating in the sand right by the ocean. They had torches to light it and it was very pretty. Oh well. I know we will have fun exploring the other options.

I remember the Seagrape dinner setting as well. We ate there a couple of times in '05 on our first trip. That was also the site of the late nite grill. Which was an open fire-grill where you could get late nite burgers, hot dogs and other snacks. It was like eating around a camp fire late at night. I thought it was pretty cool but I suppose it was a bit too primitive for todays CSA.

We ate there several evenings during our trip to CSA in 2006 - it was magical eating there on the beach or next to the pool - so romantic! It had vanished when we returned in 2008 and we really missed it, just like we miss the outdoor Feathers - the indoor version does not have the same atmosphere IMHO - we can eat in a restaurant like the new one at home any time we want.

I liked it primitive! lol I am glad I am not the only one who misses this. Hopefully things haven't changed too much.

I found a picture! It was lovely.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh, and I too miss the outdoor Feathers. Not that the new Feathers isn't absolutely lovely, but I really liked the lush, tropical feel of the old Feathers was great. I guess in order to get that back, though, I'd have to give up the new spa, which I wholeheartedly believe is a FANTASTIC addition to CSA. Love the Buddha pool. Ah, decisions, decisions.

This may be a stupid question.. but when I was there in 2011 I could have sworn that Seagrapes was more of the vegetarian type grill.. but when I looked to see the new changes on the sample menu they are serving chicken, and cheeseburgers... did they always serve those things or is this new? Or is this something that changed when they temporarily closed the Beach Grill? I don't care either way - but they have some tasty things to eat there.. but my husband only likes the chips - it would be nice if he could order chicken or something while I'm getting something I like!!

Quote Originally Posted by Colleen26 View Post
    This may be a stupid question.. but when I was there in 2011 I could have sworn that Seagrapes was more of the vegetarian type grill.. but when I looked to see the new changes on the sample menu they are serving chicken, and cheeseburgers... did they always serve those things or is this new? Or is this something that changed when they temporarily closed the Beach Grill? I don't care either way - but they have some tasty things to eat there.. but my husband only likes the chips - it would be nice if he could order chicken or something while I'm getting something I like!!

Segrapes was not vegetarian, it just offered healthy foods. They have the best fish tacos there. Never seen cheeseburgers on the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by IACouple View Post
    Segrapes was not vegetarian, it just offered healthy foods. They have the best fish tacos there. Never seen cheeseburgers on the menu.
    I just always thought of fish as a vegetarian meal as most vegetarians I know will eat fish. But here's a clip from the menu on CSA's site:

"Jamaican Chicken or Beef Patty, Chips & Dips - Served with Guacamole, Picante Salsa & Sour Cream, Grilled Fish or Chicken - Served with Coco Bread, Jerk Chicken"

Just thought it was a bit surprising to see burgers on the menu..

Hi Colleen26,
    A beef patty is like an empanada--a meat filled pie--it doesn't refer to a hamburger. They are quite tasty! I hope you enjoy them on your trip!

I just checked out the Seagrapes menu, on the website. Chicken??? That's new. Along with beef patties. I guess I will no longer have to venture down to the Cabana Grill!! We were just at CSA in March and this was not the case. Sometimes change is good. I'm looking forward to the new Seagrapes menu.

When we got married at CSA in September 2005 they did indeed have jerk chicken and burgers on the menu at Sea Grapes. We clearly remember this as we went there nearly every day and again in the evenings for the pasta and salad selections. The great house was under construction at the time.

We returned in 2007 really looking forward to having our evening pasta on the beach but this was no more. We were chatting to a member of staff in the CABANA GRILL and we asked about the changes which were attributed to the opening of the Great House.

Name:  SeaGrapesWithBurgers.JPG
Views: 373
Size:  45.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by yazmon View Post
    I just checked out the Seagrapes menu, on the website. Chicken??? That's new. Along with beef patties. I guess I will no longer have to venture down to the Cabana Grill!! We were just at CSA in March and this was not the case. Sometimes change is good. I'm looking forward to the new Seagrapes menu.
    LOL Thank You!! Someone else who was surprised to see the menu change I always look forward to seeing menu changes though, it mixes things up a bit. Just hope I can get down - scheduled to leave tomorrow. wonder what Sandy has in mind for us this week Even it rains, I know we'll have a good time though.

This was the menu last time I Was at Seagrapes.
    Name:  Screen shot 2012-10-23 at 8.51.28 AM.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  63.3 KB