Default Dunns River Falls

Hi all.

I am new to this message board, Couples resorts, and Jamaica. We are headed to CTI in March for our first trip to Jamaica.

I was wondering what folks might suggest as suitable attire for the Dunns River Falls excursion. Do you just throw shorts/t-shirt over your bathing suit? Is there a locker for your shoes/clothes at Dunns River Falls?

Any help would be appreciated!

The attire is mostly bathing suits. Some wear a tee shirt over the suit. You will want to wear a suit that covers good, because you will be climbing a fall. Shoes, you need to have water shoes that can be purchased at the resort, Walmart, or be rented. I would not rent them.

You leave your extra clothes, towels, and other stuff in the bus. Leave the good stuff at the resort. You can take your own camera, I would purchase one of the water proof use once types. No reason to risk a good one. They also sell pictures of you going up the falls, they are $20 or $30. They also sell a DVD.

When you are done, go straight to the bus, the vendors at the exit are kinda of pushy.

Remember to tip you fall crew and bus driver.
    Irie Mon

Thanks for your help. Any suggestions for an appropriate tip for driver / "crew" at the falls? It's hard when there's not a charge, and therefore percentages don't work so well.

I give the drive a $5 and the crew a $10 to split up.
    Irie Mon

We tipped each person $5 for us as a couple. you tip the bus driver, video guy, and the guide that takes you up the river. remember to carry your cash with you off the bus because you tip 2 of them before you come back to the bus. The resort gave us a baggie to put our money in so it didn't get too wet.

You may want to wear a bathing suit, but I remember the water being a little cold, so you may want to wear some nylon shorts and a t-shirt or tank top. I would definitely recommend taking your own water shoes and a minimum of belongings. Place what you take in a waterproof bag that you can hook to your belt or keep in a pocket. There are lockers and water shoes that you can rent, but they charge a premium. Take lots of ones or fives for tips. Everyone, including the locker & shoe attendants and the guides expect a tip. The vendors are a little scary. I got separated from my family and it was a bit of a maze trying to get out of the gift booth area. I was happy to get back on they bus. I would recommend going straight to the bus unless you really want a t-shirt, beads or wood carvings.