Default Split stay between CSS and CTI?

I am booked for 7 nights at CSS but am having second thoughts about spending some time at CTI. Should I split the trip into two with 3 nights at CTI?

I'd like some physical activities for part fo the trip and CTI looks more active....

Is this easy to change on the reservation or is a new resrvation required?

Is it easy to transfer from one hotel to the other? Which should we do first? CSS or CTI?

anyone?

CTI has lots to offer from horse back riding, cat cruise and other things that CSS does not have. It is only a 10 min drive between them so the transfer is easy.

Which resort to do first, time to flip a coin. Look at the activities that you want to do and plan that way. See these link for information.

http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=3800 Look for a post from Wally, he converted it to a word document.

http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=2194 a scanned version, hard to read.

Is it easy to change, yes, but you will get the current offer. If you have the old offer with spa/gift credits you will loose them. Call the 1-800 number and they will help you out.
    Irie Mon

Quote Originally Posted by vanman View Post
    I am booked for 7 nights at CSS but am having second thoughts about spending some time at CTI. Should I split the trip into two with 3 nights at CTI? Sure, why not! If you want to check out what CTI has to offer the only way to know for sure is to stay there. Plus it's only 5 minutes from CSS so you won't waste any time in travel.

I'd like some physical activities for part fo the trip and CTI looks more active.... CTI does have more excursions than CSS, including horseback riding and the catamaran cruise.

Is this easy to change on the reservation or is a new resrvation required? You would have to add CTI onto your reservation, while also reducing the nubmer of nights at CSS. I'm not sure who you booked with, but I'd call 1800Couples and start with them to make the change.

Is it easy to transfer from one hotel to the other? Which should we do first? CSS or CTI? I'd check out the activity list on each of their websites to see which hotel you want to be at when. For instance, Monday is the CTI beach Party, Tuesday is the CSS beach party, Friday is the CSS Starlight Gala and Saturday is the CTI Poolside Gala. Tranfer is easy. The resort will provide it and it's only a 5 minute drive.
    Go for it! You'll love them both!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

vanman,

We did a 3/4 split last year between CTI and CSS and would not advise it. Just as you're getting used to one resort you have to pack up and go to the other and just as you're getting used to that one it's time to go. What kind of "physical activities" are you looking for? The Water Sports guys put together a mean volleyball game most afternoons. The only things that are offered at CTI that are not at CSS are the horseback riding and catamaran excursions. Another option would be to do the "trading places" visit from CSS to CTI for a day.

Bart & Bug

Default Split Stay

I think it's a great idea.

I would stay at CSS first to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenary for few days first then move to CTI for the activities.

Do not miss the horseback rides (I would bring a plastic shower cap to wear under the hard hat they give you - these hats stink!!!).

You can call a cab and offer to pay $10 (Jamaican cabbies always ask you how much you want to pay instead of telling you the price) to move between the resorts. Maybe the resort will allow you to hop on their shuttle for free.

Default split?

CTI has a few more actvities I think. It might be good to try both but I am not sure about the impact on romance rewards, etc.??
    Born in Illinois and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Bart and Bug View Post
    vanman,

We did a 3/4 split last year between CTI and CSS and would not advise it. Just as you're getting used to one resort you have to pack up and go to the other and just as you're getting used to that one it's time to go. What kind of "physical activities" are you looking for? The Water Sports guys put together a mean volleyball game most afternoons. The only things that are offered at CTI that are not at CSS are the horseback riding and catamaran excursions. Another option would be to do the "trading places" visit from CSS to CTI for a day.

Bart & Bug
    Do you have to set up the trade for day in advance or can you do that easily once you get there?

Has anyone else done a split trip for CSS/CTI? I am also going to SSB in April. If my wife chickens out on SSB then I might rather stay at CTI for 3 or 4 days for the activities. B)
    Born in Illinois and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by gspro2 View Post
    Do you have to set up the trade for day in advance or can you do that easily once you get there?

Has anyone else done a split trip for CSS/CTI? I am also going to SSB in April. If my wife chickens out on SSB then I might rather stay at CTI for 3 or 4 days for the activities. B)
    You must sign-up for the Romance Rewards program prior to your arrival and then you sign up for the Trading Places visit once you arrive. It must be done 24 hours in advance. Here's the link to more information: http://www.couples.com/10FAQ.htm#Can...ouples_Resorts
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by gspro2 View Post

You set the trade up once you get there. Yes, we have done a split. We like the size and atmosphere of CSS over CTI but to each his/her own. You have to look at what each resort has for you and choose the one that meets your needs.

Bart & Bug