Default 2 Hours and 36 minutes from CN to CTI

We just took the free Couples shuttle from CN to CTI. No stop at the airport. Had a wonderful driver named Carl. We could have made it in less time, but the luggage handlers at CN were 15 minutes late in bring our bags to the lobby. We were scheduled to leave at 6:00 AM. We were ready to go, all checked out and our driver was there at 5:55, but no bags. Next time we will not trust the baggage handlers at CN and take our own bags to the lobby. Carl told us that that extra 15 minutes got us to Montego Bay just when the traffic is starting to pick up. The construction in Montego Bay is really nothing. The original road is open and they are adding on one lane on the each side of it. It took about 8 minutes to get through the construction zone, which would have taken maybe 7 minutes without the construction. It took about 20 minutes to drive through Montego Bay and about 10 minutes to drive through Ocho Rios.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Thanks Wally!!! I hope you're having an amazing trip! We are doing a CTI/CSA split in 2011 so this is good to know. I like that you left really early too, so as to not waste a day.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    We just took the free Couples shuttle from CN to CTI. No stop at the airport. Had a wonderful driver named Carl. We could have made it in less time, but the luggage handlers at CN were 15 minutes late in bring our bags to the lobby. We were scheduled to leave at 6:00 AM. We were ready to go, all checked out and our driver was there at 5:55, but no bags. Next time we will not trust the baggage handlers at CN and take our own bags to the lobby. Carl told us that that extra 15 minutes got us to Montego Bay just when the traffic is starting to pick up. The construction in Montego Bay is really nothing. The original road is open and they are adding on one lane on the each side of it. It took about 8 minutes to get through the construction zone, which would have taken maybe 7 minutes without the construction. It took about 20 minutes to drive through Montego Bay and about 10 minutes to drive through Ocho Rios.
    Once again Wally, you come thru with incredible advice regarding the long transfer between NG and OR. And it's the 2nd time you've done this with the same results, so the proof is truly in the pudding. Altho our transfer will be in reverse - we're going from CTI to CN, it's the same tactic.

You've nailed it....leave at 6am and as I highlighted the above from that extra delay, make sure we bring the luggage down ourselves. While there's a never a guarantee that leaving this early won't result in the driver having to make a pickup at the airport, the odds of this happening are greatly reduced by the early departure time. I've bought into it 100% and this is exactly the approach we'll take when we're set to depart CTI for CN. Thanks again and here's to the 2nd half of your trip being even better than the first half.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Did you stay awake all night or did you wake up early? LOL
    ... it keepsh me shane

Wally...This is great news for Peggy and I..We will be leaving CN on April 17th for CSS..So,you think we should leave early? Like 6 AM like you two.

By the way!!! Who all did YOU hug for me?When can I expect
    pictures?

CN....Couples Negril.................April 10-17.2010
    CSS...Couples Sans Souci.......April 17-24,2010
    Last edited by Tommywommy; August 8th, 2010 at 04:24 PM.

Ron...see my new thread about our trip this morning from CTI to CN that took 2 hours and 3 minutes!

Tommy...we met Randy, Sean, Stephan, Leonard and spoke with Pierre again. We also met bkhiatky, Sueboo, Marnies and Jamericanblonde. We came back to CN this morning, so the pictures will be a couple more weeks.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We had a similar experience for our transfer between CSS and CSA. We were scheduled to leave CSS at 7:30am, at 7:25 a nice new Toyota wagon pulled in to pick us up. Unfortunately our bags hadn't made it to the lobby yet, the front desk made a call and the bags showed up a few minutes later.I think if I were to do a split again I"d be a little more proactive in making sure our bags were there.

Our transfer took about 2hrs45min. We ran into a little bit of traffic and we had the most cautious drive I've experienced in Jamaica.Real nice guy and enjoyed the ride but I didn't think I"d ever be tempted to tell a driver in Jamaica to speed it up! lol
    We were guaranteed a direct ride(no stopping at airport). We set it up before we arrived, and reconfirmed when we got there. It really was a nice perk, and its that kind of customer service that sets the Couples Resorts apart from the rest.

TW

I will make sure the staff gets you an early morning breakfast for your departing trip to CSS. Does 5:30 AM sound good?

2 Hours and 36 minutes from CN to CTI

Wow! That's incredible. How did you make such good time? It takes two hours from MoBay to Ocho and usually and hour and a half from Negril to MoBay.

Wally - Are you back at CN ?
    Art xo Francine

Quote Originally Posted by Art and Francine View Post
    Wally - Are you back at CN ?
    Yes, we are back at Couples Negril.

http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=4837
    [

Were doing the CTI to CN Negril next week. But we're taking Tim Air I will let everyone know the actual time it takes us from when we leave the resort and if it was worth the extra dollars to fly instead of drive. We're not leaving until the afternoon though since we are only there for 4days then making the move.

Yes, I am curious how you can get from Ocho to negril in 2 hours and 3 minutes.

I stated that our transfer took most of the day and Wally indicated that I was lying.

We transferred from CN to CSS with a (10) minute stop at the airport and it took almost (4) hours. By time we packed in the morning, checked out, drove between resorts, checked in and unpacked it was MOST of the day.

We did not leave CN at 6:00 am but at 10:00 a.m and by time we were in our room and unpacked it was after 3:00.

Thank you Wally for this post, as I myself have booked a split stay. We are staying at CTI and then CSA! Good to know the trip is not that bad between the two... Just have to look at it as a "tour" :-)

Quote Originally Posted by drbcwp View Post
    Yes, I am curious how you can get from Ocho to negril in 2 hours and 3 minutes.

I stated that our transfer took most of the day and Wally indicated that I was lying.

We transferred from CN to CSS with a (10) minute stop at the airport and it took almost (4) hours. By time we packed in the morning, checked out, drove between resorts, checked in and unpacked it was MOST of the day.

We did not leave CN at 6:00 am but at 10:00 a.m and by time we were in our room and unpacked it was after 3:00.
    Perhaps therein lies the reason, drbcwp. Leaving at 10:00 may have resulted in heavier traffic. And are you sure you only lost 10 minutes with the stop at Mobay? Trust me, I'm only asking, having never been to Jamaica at all, so it's not like I can verify or dispute this. But I'm guessing that if you hit the stop watch the moment you exit to go to the airport, stop and pick up any passegers, then get back on the highway, that this would take more than 10 minutes. Again tho, it's just a guess.

And also remember, Wally has only talked about the drive itself, he never counted the packing, re-checking in, unpacking, etc in the total time. Granted, add it all up and it's definitely more than a couple of hours. But even if we can keep the cumulative time to 4 hours or so, it will still be way more than worth it to have booked both parts of the island.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    is this the new record? that is an impressive time NICE

WE've already booked 10 days at CN, but are interested in spending some of those 10 days at CTI. How does one go about arranging for this?