Thread: Shade at CSA

Default Shade at CSA

Hi I have booked two weeks at end of august at CSA for my Honeymoon, my wife to be is very fair so finding a shade at the beach is almost critical if i dont want to spend two weeks sitting in the room whilst my lady suffers from sunburn.

How early do the palapas on the beach get taken and how many roughly is there?

Any info will be much appreciated.

Ben

really early! we wanted one once so i set my alarm for really early. i don't remember what time. maybe 5? i wanted to get out there before breakfast started and it worked.

Havent counted the palapas, but there is lots of shade from the palm and seagrape trees. I never sit in the sun (too many wrinkles already LOL) and have always been able to find shade at CSA.

There aren't many palapas at all and, frankly, to get one you will either have to get up at the crack of dawn (or earlier)to put you stuff there or do it at night before bed - both of which are considered uncool moves, but that's what happens.

IMHO, no need. CSA has PLENTY of shaded areas toward the back of the beach. That's where I hang out as I can't sit in that sun all day. I've only ever gotten a palapa after it rains and people go in.

Personally, I find the Palapas claustrophobic and I almost always hit my head on the stupid fronds. I find the palm trees and sea grape trees to provide great shade, and they are much more pleasant.

If you MUST MUST have a palapa, make friends with someone staying in a BFS who is an early riser and ask them to lay a towel on a palapa for you early in the a.m. That's what we did for some friends last trip. (Note to others: they DID actually use the palapa all day, too.)

Otherwise, enjoy the shade provided by the trees.

Also, as an unsolicited sidenote: last trip to CTI we used a new sunblock -- it's the Kiss My Face Sunblock Oil SPF 30, and it was FANTASTIC. My DH is very fair as well, as am I. (*red hair*) and we didn't burn at all, except for the spot on the top of one foot that I CLEARLY missed.

We were at CSA for a wonderful holiday the first week of Dec. We would get a chuckle every morning when we woke up at about 6:30, and look out to see all of the chairs under the palapas with towels, etc., already on them for the day, and wondering what kind of time those people must have been up to get their stuff out there before 6:30!! There is definitely no need for it at all, as there is a wonderful line of palms and sea grape trees at the back of the beach, which gives plenty of shade. You can sit in the sun in the morning for awhile (at least until the staff bring you the fruit kebobs and cold, lemon scented towels), then when you're feeling you've had enough sun, just move your chairs back under the trees. You still have the beautiful view of that incredible shoreline, and you're out of the sun.

Enjoy your honeymoon, you've chosen your location very wisely!!!

Ya. I saw a guy sleeping in one all night just to reserve it for the next day.

Ok. Not really. We don’t play those games. We alternate from sun to shade all day long and just move our chairs. Besides, we like sitting under the palm trees.

There are really only a few and they are taken very early. In August you will be more happy just under a tree. August is very, very, very hot and under the palapas there isn't much air and can feel even hotter. I much prefer a nice sea grape or queen palm so I can feel a breeze and stil be under the shade. No worries about the shade.....there is plenty for everyone.

Default Palapas for shade

Hi BennyC
    We have stayed @CSA twice, both times in a BFVS. I so wanted one the Palapas at least once but I could never get one. Several times in the early morning hours around 4:30-5:30 for trips to the bathroom I would look out the window and each time see people have already thrown their things on them and actually saw people in the dark putting their stuff on them to save. I thought it was ridiculas to try to get out there before them and save one. The sad part is most of these people go back to bed, go to breakfast and don't ever physically take position until afternoon. The good part is you will probably find shade under the trees and still have a fabulas time.

There's always plenty of shade at CSA, no need to worry at all.
    nobody's favorite poster

Quote Originally Posted by BennyC View Post
    Hi I have booked two weeks at end of august at CSA for my Honeymoon, my wife to be is very fair so finding a shade at the beach is almost critical if i dont want to spend two weeks sitting in the room whilst my lady suffers from sunburn.

Ben
    I got sunburned on the first day of one vacation several years ago and vowed to NEVER waste a vacation like that again. I fake bake before I go anywhere tropical now. It works very well for me and never lose a moment of fun in the sun. Just a thought.
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary this coming July 6th. I wish you both the best of luck!

Trust me... those palapas are not "taken" early in the morning. Nobody gets up earlier than me. Those palapas are taken the night before. Very bad form, in my opinion. Stupid gsmes...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by BennyC View Post

Ben
    based on the response i would say 4:30 am should be earlier enough to reserve a palapa enjoy

Which room style do you have? The beachfront Suites are literally steps from the beach and have a huge terrace. Many people staying in this room style spend much of their beach time on their own large, shaded terrace.