Thread: Hooves

Default Hooves

Did anyone try the "Hooves" horseback riding that takes you through the ocean ? thoughts ? does the resort book this for you ?

Yes, the resort can book this for you at the tour desk. Have we done it, no, the thought of being in the ocean with horses that like to do the call of nature when they are in front of us is kind of a turn off for us.
    Irie Mon

Quote Originally Posted by pinkprincess View Post
    Did anyone try the "Hooves" horseback riding that takes you through the ocean ? thoughts ? does the resort book this for you ?
    Yes, we tried it a couple years ago and loved it! The description of the "Hooves" ride appealed to us more than that put on by "Chukka".

The ride through the plantation down to the beach was nice and the guides gave us a little information to go along with their Jamaican humor. Once we got to the beach we dismounted and they got the horses ready for the run in the ocean. We were able to take off anything we didn't want to get wet (get down to a swimsuit). There were also some vendors there if you wanted to buy anything. The time in the ocean was a real rush. We went up and down the beach maybe a half dozen times. You could tell the horses really were enjoying it! Afterwards they had us dismount while they got the horses ready for the ride back. The ride back to the "great house" was by a different route and the guides showed us more things and told us about Jamaican history. If you're thinking about doing this then definitely do it!

We made our reservations at the resort tour desk.

Enjoy your trip!

Bart & Bug

My wife and I did the beach ride and one of the mountain rides with Hooves. We enjoyed both. On both trips the guides gave alot of real good information. I'd recommend either trip really. The beach ride seemed rushed compared to the mountain ride but that's probably because it's more poplular and the groups are larger. On the mountain ride it was just a guide, my wife and me, seemed more personal but that's always the case when there are that few people.

I enjoyed both and wished I could have gone again on our latest trip, but we were with a very large group and our host had pretty much planned everything for us.

With the beach ride through Hooves, do they take pictures of you riding in the water?
    Thnx for all your help !

Yes they do take pictures. I think we had 3, one with us on the beach just standing and then 2 while we were riding through the ocean. I can't remember how much they were to buy, $3 maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkprincess View Post
    With the beach ride through Hooves, do they take pictures of you riding in the water?
    Thnx for all your help !
    Yes they do and will charge for them. We brought our waterproof camera and they took our pictures with it.