Thread: NEW BETA format

Default NEW BETA format

Randymon.

In time will one of these remain the sole message board or will both exist?

Like anything it will take a while to learn to navigate thru this format.

Hi Jim,

The intention is that starting June 29, you will be able to view, but not post additions to the "old" message board.

If you really like a thread and want to cut and paste it to the new board, you may do so, but for now that capability is limited to 10,000 characters.

We do not expect this limitation to be a problem, but let me know if you have any issues.

Couples Resorts

I would suggest removing both or either of the side areas on the mb.htm page. It is really squeezing the message board together. I think it should span the full width of the menu area to the top. This is going to be a great new message board!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmon View Post
    I would suggest removing both or either of the side areas on the mb.htm page. It is really squeezing the message board together. I think it should span the full width of the menu area to the top. This is going to be a great new message board!

If you open a forum from the bordered view in a new tab, you can see it without borders. Then, just click back to the main page in the top left corner to see what the board looks like full screen. I set my bookmark there.

mod Guest

I can understand this suggestion / frustration from experienced posters like you but for newbies and those who require a bit more hand-holding, we need the extra informational space. Once we get past the transition, we will refine the presentation offering more skin choices including ones for iPhone / smart phone / small screen that are in our design lab. Krisjamies's option will work for you until then.

If the message board comes in a small screen iPhone format then I'll never get off of here..LOL!

I don't see the side borders being an issue. Like anything new that is introduced it simply takes time to get use to the features that it offers.

One will simply need to play with the features to understand how they work and the end results.

Personally I think the insert image portion needs refining as I am sure some will get confused and not look at the advanced features. Not sure if that can be easily changed but I am sure that will be a subject that many will inquire about.

The vast majority who post on the MB are not all computer savy so simplicity would be more the need.

KrisJamie,

This is what I do, I was just making the suggestion for the "avaerage" user.

Mod,

Looking forward to trying out the iPhone skin and functionality.

What gives with the Junior Member and member status?

It took me years to gather all these gray hairs!

The Junior Member and Member statuses have to do with the number of posts and is a feature of the vBulletin message board software. The titles can be changed to whatever the admins would like and I believe that they can be disabled just as the avatars have been disabled.

That must mean I have to get by big fingers typing.

when the board goes live a new sticky "Help" thread should be available as there will be lots of folks with issues with the new format.

Randy

The QUICK LINKS drop down box is GREAT! Try playing with it. Calendar is nice, too, so I abused it by imputing my birthday!

"Thread Tools, Search this Thread, & Display modes" do not work.

The Junior Member and Member statuses have to do with the number of posts and is a feature of the vBulletin message board software. The titles can be changed to whatever the admins would like and I believe that they can be disabled just as the avatars have been disabled.

Sorry TW I couldn't resist.

The important post, so it does not get lost:

11/24 - 11/29 Larry and Stacie (Sbwppines)
    11/26 - 12/04 Matt and Julia (Blueallah)
    11/28 - 12/05 Mike and Chrissy (UNLVmike and mikechrissyo)
    11/28 - 12/05 Jill and Tom (Csa_vet)
    11/28 - 12/09 Bob and Sandy (Letsgoagain)
    11/29 - 12/06 Brian and Tracy (lacouple)
    11/29 - 12/14 Joanne and Rob (Jocarhea)
    11/30 - 12/07 Brad and Kaite (Starky)
    12/01 - 12/14 Mike and Kazza (scubamama)
    12/01 - 12/08 Dan and Evelyn (Vestanpance)
    12/02 - 12/11 Karen, Jackie, Allie, Vinnie, Kirk & Scott (Bocce7)
    12/03 - 12/09 Tammy and Ed (Tammye)
    12/04 - 12/12 Lou and Helen (Lou)
    12/04 - 12/12 Nicole and Darrell (Lvgal)
    12/04 - 12/12 Jolene & Frank (jofrank)
    12/05 - 12/12 Chris and Bridget (Ncbridget)
    12/05 - 12/12 Jill and Doug (Jillysue20)
    12/10 - 12/17 Don and Deb (Debjes)

IACOUPLE ~ Which resort is this for?

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    IACOUPLE ~ Which resort is this for?
    Indeed. Did you mean for that to be a resort meet up?

Wow, you really need the ability to edit your posts, so you can delete things.

IACOUPLE - Is this a MEET UP list? If so, it will generate more interest if you re-post it under the appropriate resort under MEET UP (See MAIN page)