Default First time visit to CSA and Jamaica

Hello everyone,

After weeks of speculating a trip to Jamaica and going through countless resorts, my girlfriend and I decided to go to CSA after reading amazing reviews and also coming across this board which seems to have very knowledgeable and remarkable people.

I had a couple of questions regarding our stay at CSA.

What is recommended to book immediately upon arrival to ensure we get to experience the restaurants, cat cruise, boat... etc?

Also, we are planning to be adventurous and go visit Negril for it's beauty, what are some must see sites that are a must see?

Any input would be greatly appreciated! We are looking forward to our stay in 2 weeks from now (Feb 5) and are very excited about this trip!

Have a great day all,
    Corey

Negril has 2 areas, 7 mile beach- where CSA and CN are located and the Cliffs. On the cliffs is Ricks Cafe, which is fun, go a little further down the road to Rockhouse. Rockhouse is a hotel that has a restaurant and bar that are very good,and beautiful views on the cliffs. The food is good and the atmosphere is excellent. It is always a lot of fun .Check out 'nightlife' in www.negrilinfo.com. It will tell you all the hot spots in Negril. Good sight. Also the restaurants that need reservations at CSA are Feathers and Lemongrass, do not miss!. Do not forget your dress long pants and closed toe dress shoes, you will need them to enter. You will love CSA and you will love Negril. Enjoy exploring the areas off the resort.

Cory - We will be at Swept Away Feb. 1-8th. It is our second time there. When we went in August we made our dinner reservations when we arrived. We made reservations for the catamaran cruise the day before we wanted to go. It was not very crowded when we went - I think it will be this time. We did not do any excursions away from the resort but did all of the included activities and walked the beach in both directions. There is a lot to see and its all beautiful. The Jamaican people are very friendly. You will have a wonderful time. Swept Away is magical. Maybe we will see you there.
    Linda

Corey,

You are going to love CSA. Right after you check in, walk over to the concierge desk right there in the lobby area and book the two reservation only restaurants and the catamaran cruise. I'm not sure about Negril because I've only been up and down the beach, not in town. Make sure to check out the martini bar above the Palms and take a nice stroll across the property at night. It's really romantic. Oh, and try the snorkeling. Sign up first thing in the morning at the watersports hut for the next day. Go for the first round of snorkeling....I think it's 11am. We are going back for our second time this October and I can't wait. You are going to have a blast. Try a Hummingbird. They are delicious. Have fun!

You will LOVE CSA!!!

Once you arrive, you can schedule your restaurant reservations for the entire week, or you can wait until the day before to do so. You won't have any trouble getting a reservation. We like to wait until the day or two before because we aren't always sure what we'll be in the mood for or what we'll be doing that day to book everything at once.

Definitely book the cat cruise and snorkeling, but you can only sign up for those a day in advance.

There are several places to check out in Negril, but it depends on how much money you want to spend for excursions. Definitely walk 7 mile beach to check out other vendors and local bars. Rick's is a place to see the sunset and the cliff divers, but it can also be a tourist trap. But don't plan too much, you'll want to be able to relax and enjoy all that CSA has to offer.

I'd recommend doing the resort orientation (it's offered twice a day at 10am and 5pm)since it's a great way to learn the ins and outs of the resort.

Have a great trip!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Thank you all for the tips! Very resourceful information and I will be sure to book as recommended.

Only 4 more days to go! We are looking forward to staying at CSA and hope to make some new friends.

Another question, I've been reading a lot on here about people "reserving" chairs along the beach? Although I have no problems with people doing this, is it frowed upon to move ones towels if no one is there? I would glady move should someone claim their spot, but I find it a bit selfish to hog chairs especially if not there.

And how's the weather down there right now??

Quote Originally Posted by c613m View Post
    And how's the weather down there right now??
    This link will give you an idea.

http://www.wunderground.com/swf/Rapi...tion=IWESTMOR2
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Thank you for that link NeedBlueWater!

I was just wondering, what do the men usually wear to the non-reservation restaurants for dinner? Are jeans something that people wear to these? Any recommendations?

I already have my dress pants / shoes packed for the reservation restaurants.

Thanks again! We are departing for CSA in 48 hrs

c613m - I would strongly urge you not to wear jeans. It's just too hot and denim doesn't breathe. My husband usually wears a pair of khakis or cargo shorts with a polo or something to dinner when not going to Feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by smoo72 View Post
    c613m - I would strongly urge you not to wear jeans. It's just too hot and denim doesn't breathe. My husband usually wears a pair of khakis or cargo shorts with a polo or something to dinner when not going to Feathers.
    Hmmm, ok. Thanks for the tip! My only problem is footwear, as flip flops are not allowed right? What do people usually wear for footwear?

Quote Originally Posted by c613m View Post
    Hmmm, ok. Thanks for the tip! My only problem is footwear, as flip flops are not allowed right? What do people usually wear for footwear?
    think FAQ
    <--------------( look to left) if you look here all your attire Questions are answered in wonderful easy to follow detail ....
    enjoy

You can most certainly wear flip flops a lot... it's all I take when I go. I have a really beachy, rubbery flip flop for days at the beach and I have a leather thong type flat sandal (technically a flip flop) that I wear during the evening which is nice looking and perfectly acceptable. I don't wear heels so I am always in a flip flop or sandal of some sort. The no flip flop rule is just meant for a real flip flop you'd wear on the sand at the beach.

"Hmmm, ok. Thanks for the tip! My only problem is footwear, as flip flops are not allowed right? What do people usually wear for footwear?"

Well, you can still wear sandals. From what I recall, my husband used to wear something like this to restaurants other than Feathers:
    http://www.zappos.com/product/7616891/color/328

For Feathers, long pants and closed toe shoes. He brought his work shoes which are like these:
    http://www.skechers.com/shoes-and-cl...rs_-_ivy/bwxv/