Default Comparsion of SA and CN

Hello All,
    First time to the site and I just wanted to get some views on both resorts in Negril. It's so hard to choose and I thought maybe some personal experiences would help me make a decision. Details are appreciated! Thanks!

Default Comparison

CN and CSA are both fine resorts. Having visited both on multiple occasions, we've become hooked on CSA. I guess we just like that section of beach better....it's more in the middle of the Negril beach scene. Other than that, they both have great restaurants, nice amenities, and excellent service. We've been vacationing in Jamaica for 22 years, and the Couples resorts in Negril are our favorites, followed by CSS.

Shan1908

To ask a question like that only brings out the various resort loyalists.

I suggest looking at as many pictures as you can find of the resorts and let your heart make the selection. You can't go wrong.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JamaicanMeCrazy/

If that fails select Couples Negril.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan1908 View Post
    Hello All,
    First time to the site and I just wanted to get some views on both resorts in Negril. It's so hard to choose and I thought maybe some personal experiences would help me make a decision. Details are appreciated! Thanks!
    I hear ya buddy! We spent literally weeks going back and forth between the two. This message board proved to be very helpful and you will find this question is asked often! If you look through the pages of threads you will be some threads, one of which I stared called Swept Away vs. Negril. Have a look....you may find it helpful. In the end, because we are going for two weeks, we did a week at CN and a week at CSA. Get ready though, the more you read, the more difficult the decision will be as they are both so beautiful. If you are a Romance Rewards member you can visitor you can visit for the day...

When are you travelling?

Good luck...
    Kris

I second RDY's suggestion. Its tough to compare the two, or to pit any Couples resort against any of the others. Each is unique, but they all share a commitment to satisfaction.

Best to see which one calls out to you. Shouldn't be tough... the photos on the website brochures accurately depict the amentities and accommodations.

I will say that SweptAway holds one edge and that is its tennis, fitness and spa facilities. You'll find those all at Couples Negril, but SweptAway is better known for theirs.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

LOL when i was reading RDYJMJM's post i was thinking "if that fails choose csa."

the reason i really love csa, aside from the awesome beach, is the tropical feel of the atrium suite. of course the garden and beachfront suite are about the same but we love the atium the best. if i made a perfect room that would be it. there is just nothing like it. it feels nothing like a hotel. more like a private, authentic jamaican bungalow made just for me. i just love the shutters and all the windows on all sides, not just the front of the room. the porch is great too! if they had that room at the other resorts i would try them out too.

We have been to CN five times and I am trying to get my husband to go to CSA but he just can't pull himself away but I KNOW I WOULD LOVE CSA.
    You cannot go wrong if you book a Couples resort. Choose one and you'll be hooked for life.

If you want a TRUE Couples Resort you go to Couples Negril.

The ONLY resort built from the ground up by Couples.

Get ready Ms Karen we're coming to see you. Hide the grapefruit juice from Tommywommy.

Mariann, you should tell your husband that it would be really romantic to discover another resort together. Tell him CSA is really romantic and you can stand on the beach and look in either direction and it is endless. I'll bet he will do it for you if you tell him how important it is to you. And, if you get him to go, you will definitely love CSA. It's awesome.

RDYJMJM is a true scholar of Couples history! He's absolutely correct, of course. Couples Negril is, indeed, the only of the four Couples resorts that was built from the ground up as a Couples property. The other three properties have their origins as individual resorts or property of other chains.

For example, SweptAway was the vision of Lee Issa, who eventually became the head of the Couples empire. Tower Island, while built by Abe Issa, has been operated by a number of concerns over the years. Couples Sans Souci was known for many years as simply Sans Souci resort, then as Couples Ocho Rios.

Joy and I can remember our first visit to Negril in 1993. We stayed at GrandLido, and as we were preparing to leave, surveyors were laying out the property lines for a new resort that would cater to Couples only... and would be known as Couples Negril. We thought we'd like to come back some day to give it a try, but we connected with a couple at the airport who we'd met earlier that week, who decided to split their stay with a second resort... SweptAway... they spoke so glowingly of it that she became our next destination... and we've been SweptAway ever since.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by Shan1908 View Post
    Hello All,
    ....You can read my review (write up)of CN, and see my pics at the linc below;

http://www.couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=3969