Default HELP!!! Newbies without a CLUE

All I know is that I'm ready to leave!!! I've seen your pics and read countless info on the board, but I feel overwhelmed. I "believe" we are settled on CSA! We are not BIG pool peeps, but love CHILLIN out on the Beach, taking long BEACH walks and relaxing. We need help with the best room choice! I don't want a lot of noise, but we HAVE to have a TV for hubby, so I understand that I need a category that is a "VERANDAH". But which room is the best? I would love to see the ocean, but don't wanna have ppl walking past my room if we are...well..."resting". lol

AND what's this I hear about the "cliffs"? HELP!!! I don't have many answers, but I do know I'm ready for JAMAICA.

We will be there Oct. 30th - Nov. 6th. HELP "SCHOOL" US!!!

Joy and Billy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Welcome. We stayed at CSA for the first time last April and stayed in a BFVS. I think this is the room category you will want, but hope for a 2nd or 3rd floor for more privacy. We stayed in a 1st floor suite and didn't have any issues with privacy.

There are not cliffs at CSA - I think that's CSS.

Ok... about the rooms... all of the rooms in the verandah class (built since about 2005) have walkways that run fairly close to the front and back, that is, to say, except for those in the GreatHouse. The latter have inside access, similar to a hotel, but do have verandahs with a great view of the activities area and the ocean. The traffic isn't a problem, however, except for the Beachfront Verandahs, because most of the traffic is on the beach walkway.

The Cliffs...

The Negril commercial area is built around two stretches of road... Norman Manley Boulevard, which runs along Seven Mile Beach, and West End Road (also known as One Love Drive), which runs from the roundabout in the center of town to the Negril Lighthouse. Near the roundabout, where the Negril River runs into the sea, the beach pretty much ends, and the shore becomes more rocky and elevated... with dramatic cliffs that rise abruptly from the Caribbean. Take the Sunset Catamaran Cruise to truly appreciate it.

"The Cliffs", as this area is known, has a number of resorts, clubs, bars and restaurants. Rick's Cafe, Rockhouse, PushCart, and 3-Dives are just a few.

Hope that helps... enjoy your visit to SweptAway!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Default thanks

you guys are great! Thanks for the information. I'm so excited that it probably doesn't matter what room category we are in. I'm ready to be a BEACH BUM with no problem mon!

BEACHFRONT VERANDAH SUITE! I personally like to request a corner suite because the balconies are a bit bigger.

Thanks EinW!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The Cliffs...

The Negril commercial area is built around two stretches of road... Norman Manley Boulevard, which runs along Seven Mile Beach, and West End Road (also known as One Love Drive), which runs from the roundabout in the center of town to the Negril Lighthouse. Near the roundabout, where the Negril River runs into the sea, the beach pretty much ends, and the shore becomes more rocky and elevated... with dramatic cliffs that rise abruptly from the Caribbean. Take the Sunset Catamaran Cruise to truly appreciate it.

"The Cliffs", as this area is known, has a number of resorts, clubs, bars and restaurants. Rick's Cafe, Rockhouse, PushCart, and 3-Dives are just a few.

Hope that helps... enjoy your visit to SweptAway!
    Thanks! I had no clue!

cypresspeeps...

No problem!

For a great commercial map of the Negril area, go to TripAdvisor or to Negril.com. There are great maps that were put together by Sienna of TOTT and other members of the Negril business group (as well as the folks at TA). Sienna literally paced these two stretches of road out to come up with relative locations of all the business concerns along Norman Manley and West End. These maps are a MUST HAVE for any visitor to the Negril area.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Thanks, we most definitely will get the MUST HAVE maps!!! Thanks again cypresspeeps.

Hahaaa. I'm so jealous! I remember my first trip to CSA.. There is nothing like it!

Default Ocean View Verandah

My husband & I made our first trip last January 09 with another couple and had the best time. We're heading back next Janaury 2011. We had a corner ocean view verandah. It was the best of both worlds - we could see the ocean & we were up on the 2nd floor so we had plenty of privacy. The verandah was spacious and the view was fine - not a full ocean view, but still picture perfect. The rooms are great, but in reality we were in our rooms for only a small amount of the vacation. We spent most days on a lounge chair by the ocean with our drink flag handy. We camped out near a beach bar and made friends with one particular wait staff to be sure we had drinks flowing all day. What we found is that you can be as private or as social as you want there. Guests & staff are really friendly so you could make new freinds while vacationing or you can find a quiet corner and no one will bother you. It's a great resort - you'll have a blast. Enjoy!!!