Thread: One More Thing

Default One More Thing

I was working on something else, but my excitement drew me back!

With all the renovations at CTI, two glorious weeks to sit on my butt and practice random reading positions, not to mention hugging staff member after staff member, who wouldn't be excited?

Now most of you already are firmly planted in this century with technology like laptops, etc. I, however, just bought my very first iPOD. What a great little thing it is! I will not have to pack CD's and hope they don't get crushed! I have to say that it is hard to wrap my brain around this thought: The physical mass that all 30-some of the albums I have stored in this little gadget compared to the size of the device that I can hold in my hand! And I still have 4GB open. Imagine that...

Just had to come back and unload my excitement. We will be meeting friends there, and we are so looking forward to every aspect. Yipee!!

iPods are great. I have an iPod Shuffle that I use when I'm doing cardio at the gym. I also take my iPod Touch that I download movies onto to watch during the flight and my favorite yoga and Pilates videos onto for workouts.

If you like to read, you might want to look into a Kindle. I used to take three or four books on vacation; now I just download whatever I'd like to read to this one small device.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

The room also has a charger and player for your new toy.

Enjoy
    Irie Mon

I second the "Kindle" recommendation. I now carry that one smaller-than-a-book gadget instead of toting 5 or 6 books on vacation. Just remember to take your charger. And load a bunch of books before you go, so you don't have to worry about getting more while you are away. My kindle has done for my reading what my ipod has done for my music, but even better since I can get new books from my kindle at any time. YAY!

lol congrats! imagine 30 records fitting in there!

i hadn't thought of getting a kindle. are they easy to read on the beach? i have always wondered about reading it outside in the sun, or even the shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    iPods are great. I have an iPod Shuffle that I use when I'm doing cardio at the gym. I also take my iPod Touch that I download movies onto to watch during the flight and my favorite yoga and Pilates videos onto for workouts.

If you like to read, you might want to look into a Kindle. I used to take three or four books on vacation; now I just download whatever I'd like to read to this one small device.
    Just make sure you aren't mistaken for the Yoga instructor!! LMAO
    Kristen

Thanks everyone for your responses. Pamela you are right about the Kindle. That gadget is on my wish list. How does it do on the beach?

We'll be bringing several books and plan to leave them there for their library so someone else can read em.

13 days! But for now, I'm freezin my muffins off!
    Sun_princess

I use my Kindle on the beach all the time with absolutely no problems. However, unlike an ipod, I don't have any type of plastic protective cover for it, so I put it in a ziplock bag when I am going to be near sand or water.