Hybrid View

Default Upcoming Honeymoon - First time to CSA - Few Questions

Hi everyone!!

My fiance and I are very excited to visit CSA for the first time in July for our Honeymoon!

Any tips that anyone could give us is very much appreciated. We are looking at doing alot of the tours and activities as well as checking out all that CSA has to offer from restaurants to nightclubs.

We booked a Beachfront Verandah Suite and we were just wondering what the bathrooms are like. I have heard some negative stuff about them and was just wondering if they are really that bad?

Also we really want our suite to be on the first floor so that we have stairs going from our room right onto the beach but I am scared that we are not going to be guaranteed that but our travel agent said we are going to get one on the beach, is it guaranteed or not?

Thanks so much in advance!
    Soon to be Mrs. Merritt ~*~ June 26th, 2010
    CSA for our Honeymoon! So excited!

I can't really answer to the tours and stuff, since we never really manage to leave the resort except to wander up and down the beach. (Except for one: Stay away from the shopping trip. Shop the beach or the airport or the vendors set up on CSA property.)

Regarding your room: You definitely ARE guaranteed a Beachfront Room. What you are NOT guaranteed is the floor. They can't guarantee a first floor room, however, with a request that generic, they will do everything in their power to accomodate you. I promise. Just don't let yourself get setup for disappointment if for whatever reason they can't get you a first floor room. On our first trip, we stayed in a BFS, and we requested a first floor room. Well, they coudn't get us in one, and they put us in a 2nd floor room instead. Well, guess what: we loved the second floor room so much that now we request 2nd floor rooms. (Although last trip, they put us in a first floor, and it was lovely as well. LOL.) The moral of the story is: there is no bad room or floor, and if you don't get what you THINK you want, you may end up getting something better. (OK. i'll take off my Mom hat now....)

Re: the bathrooms. They are not marble. They are not fancy. They are nuthin' to write home about. It IS the tropics. You may see a little (and I mean a little) bit of mold here or there, but they do a DARN fine job of keeping the bathrooms spotlessly clean despite the amount of sand I trudge in and they are perfectly functional. They do the job. Besides, you will spend so much time on your patio/balcony, you won't even notice the bathrooms, I promise.

Congratulations on your honeymoon and enjoy CSA. We're going back for the 4th time in 109 days.

The bathrooms are very basic, but clean. I liked the fact that above the toilet there was a wall vase and fresh flowers were in that every day. It is a tub/shower combo, just like in most hotels. I like the flat area at the end of the tub to sit on and shave my legs. The vanity area is not huge, but it seemed to fit all my stuff and my husbands toiletry bag.

At far as CSA must dos.....go to the Martini Bar about the Palms Restaurant, make sure to go snorkeling, take a night time stroll across the property, go across the street to the sports complex, and lay on the beach and have someone bring you a drink (it's truly indulgent). With all the resort has to offer, unless you are staying for a long time, I'll bet you will be hanging at the resort. It is so relaxing and heavenly. The beach just begs you to stay and enjoy! CSA ROCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Margi View Post
    The bathrooms are very basic, but clean. I liked the fact that above the toilet there was a wall vase and fresh flowers were in that every day. It is a tub/shower combo, just like in most hotels. I like the flat area at the end of the tub to sit on and shave my legs. The vanity area is not huge, but it seemed to fit all my stuff and my husbands toiletry bag.

At far as CSA must dos.....go to the Martini Bar about the Palms Restaurant, make sure to go snorkeling, take a night time stroll across the property, go across the street to the sports complex, and lay on the beach and have someone bring you a drink (it's truly indulgent). With all the resort has to offer, unless you are staying for a long time, I'll bet you will be hanging at the resort. It is so relaxing and heavenly. The beach just begs you to stay and enjoy! CSA ROCKS!

Oh so the bathrooms do have a tub and its not just a stand up shower, some where I heard the rooms only have stand up showers in them.

Thanks for all your help guys! I cannot wait to visit CSA!
    Soon to be Mrs. Merritt ~*~ June 26th, 2010
    CSA for our Honeymoon! So excited!

Hi AshleyDawn,
    Margi is right on with her description of the bathroom. I'm going to include a picture of it with the fresh cut flowers. Sorry that it's blurry but I resized it and lost the original picture. If you want to hang out something to dry don't hang it outside but in the bathroom over the shower curtain like we did.
    Here's my things to do at CSA:
    1. Catamaran cruise...awesome trip down the coast of Negril.
    2. Spend an evening with Ulti in the Aura lounge singing along or playing men vs. women's name that tune...we had a blast. Afterwards the dance floor comes alive.
    3. If you want to meet other people hang out by the swim-up pool bar, if not lie on the beach near the watersports shack like we did. The Sea Grape Cafe is there with tasty daily food/drink specials and the sweet potato chips/dip are out of this world. If they don't have what you want to drink there just plant your flag in the sand and get service from the bar.
    4. Breakfast at Patois for a pizza and banana stuffed french toast...MMMMM.
    5. Don't miss the Monday night manager's cocktail party. You'll get to meet all of the managers in one place and nosh on wonderful appetizers.

Gee all this talk makes me want to book our next trip to CSA...enjoy your time in Paradise!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I would have to say that you are not always 100% guaranteed the room you reserve. When we went to CSA the other couple that arrived at the same time as us got bumped to something else because they were overbooked. I do not believe Couples overbooks intentionally though. When I booked our trip to CSA just a few weeks ago the room I wanted was not available on the Couples site so I called customer service and they said it was totally sold out. I could still book that room on other travel sites for another couple of days though. I was tempted to do it but did not. Having a piece of paper that says what room I get doesn't mean anything if there are non left. I can't make one appear or become vacant. Who knows what room I would have gotten, probably just whatever was left. I would much rather choose my own room and have a better chance of getting it. Anyway, I think it is safe to bet you will get the room you booked. I feel like being bumped is a very rare occurrence.

I think the older rooms have the stand up showers, but if you are in a Veranda Suite, then these are the newer rooms with tub/shower combos. You are going to have a blast. We go this October for our 2nd time